The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Allow a second unlock for outfits, Legacy Bound

illgot

• 3 weeks later...
We have an unlock for outfits account wide.

Please allow us an additional option to unlock these outfits Legacy Wide.

I don't understand. You want just a subset of your account to have access? Because Account wide unlocks are account wide - all characters, all servers. Your Legacy is just one server. Are you looking for a less expensive unlock that only applies to one server?

They want to be able to use cartel items that are unlocked for use on all characters as legacy gear and usable on multiple characters.

So, there would be another purchase option: Unlock as Legacy gear.

Edited by undiess

Could you explain how this is different than "account wide" ? This question is confusing.

the advantage to Legacy bound gear is that you can mod it and augment it then mail it to another character.

If you have multiple characters that share the same stats you can build just one set and share this set between the two characters.

Allowing players to convert their Cartel Market outfits to Legacy Bound would now let us use our favorite combinations of items as a legacy bound set instead of restricting us to reputation items.

And it would easily give Bioware/EA another source of revenue which I hope would be easy enough to code compared to some of the more complex suggestions involving whole new items.

Strongly support what I assume this is. I.e. after an unlock of armor, a further unlock would make that armor B2L.

My characters are all dressed in Gree gear (or the GSF B2L gear.) Not as cool looking as I would like but at least I can share a set of mods across toons.

They want to be able to use cartel items that are unlocked for use on all characters as legacy gear and usable on multiple characters.

So, there would be another purchase option: Unlock as Legacy gear.

I also support this. Additionaly, have the ability to unlock any set we build and bind it to legacy, it wouldn't be a cheap option, but, one that I'd spend Cartel Coins on.

• 4 weeks later...
Additional support for similar idea is also in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7373887

Also some debating against it as well, but wanted Bioware to know that this is something that more and more are liking the idea of. You can make money from this. We will give you our money. (Insert GIF of Money Being Thrown)

Bind to Legacy (as a second purchase option with the prerequisite of unlocking the set account wide) should only cost 100-200 credits per set.

Some of the sets already cost 600 credits to unlock account wide, I would hate to pay 200-500 per peice to further unlock it.

Sorry guys and gals, but I don't understand your reasoning 4 asking 4 this... since collection items are available to all toons when unlocked account wide by simply clicking on the "add 2 inv" button, why not just ask 4 all mod items 2 be B2L instead?

Sorry guys and gals, but I don't understand your reasoning 4 asking 4 this... since collection items are available to all toons when unlocked account wide by simply clicking on the "add 2 inv" button, why not just ask 4 all mod items 2 be B2L instead?

Because Bioware still needs to make money.

But the only mod items they make money on anyway r the CM crystals... so they wouldn't have any real reason to object, and I imagine it would be much easier 4 them 2 implement 2:)

Edited by Mlnvifun

Bind to Legacy (as a second purchase option with the prerequisite of unlocking the set account wide) should only cost 100-200 credits per set.

Some of the sets already cost 600 credits to unlock account wide, I would hate to pay 200-500 per peice to further unlock it.

So, basically, you want luxury items for cheap price. That is stupid and it shows your true agenda.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737088&page=11 <-- we actually sorta agreed on how this would be implemented in a fair way - exclusive to empty orange shells. Ignore page 13 - that`s just an idiot that fails at reading.

As for the price, it is only fair to be expensive, just like the dyes, because it is luxury item - I suggested double the most expensive armor set, then divide by 7 for individual pieces. OR, if you really want to be mean, buy ONLY 5 or 7 pieces "Legacy Kit" at the bundle price only. Or, in your words:

It needs to make money, indeed, not cater for YOUR cheap needs. I`m ok with having to pay 500 or more per piece. I`m even ok with paying the ingame max, which is 14.5k for 62 pounds, for a full set. This way Bioware makes money and players are happy.. the ones willing to spend LUXURY rates money. One lousy dye is 2000 CC... I`m sure one piece of gear can be 2000 CC`s for luxury convenience - Legacy looks.

I need to reiterate something, however - you are better served and presumably it is easier to implement, with a social tab - where each toon with have an extra tab for "show armor", while the main one will only provide the stats.

Edited by Styxx

i see your point with mods, but this is what i use the starfighter armor for.

even thougth every character u make gets the armor its bound to legacy so for old armor i simply stip the mods place them in the starfighter one and mail them to alts.

this works wonders for blackhole armor which mean i dont need to run lvl 50 hard mode as much.

So, basically, you want luxury items for cheap price. That is stupid and it shows your true agenda.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737088&page=11 <-- we actually sorta agreed on how this would be implemented in a fair way - exclusive to empty orange shells. Ignore page 13 - that`s just an idiot that fails at reading.

As for the price, it is only fair to be expensive, just like the dyes, because it is luxury item - I suggested double the most expensive armor set, then divide by 7 for individual pieces. OR, if you really want to be mean, buy ONLY 5 or 7 pieces "Legacy Kit" at the bundle price only. Or, in your words:

It needs to make money, indeed, not cater for YOUR cheap needs. I`m ok with having to pay 500 or more per piece. I`m even ok with paying the ingame max, which is 14.5k for 62 pounds, for a full set. This way Bioware makes money and players are happy.. the ones willing to spend LUXURY rates money. One lousy dye is 2000 CC... I`m sure one piece of gear can be 2000 CC`s for luxury convenience - Legacy looks.

I need to reiterate something, however - you are better served and presumably it is easier to implement, with a social tab - where each toon with have an extra tab for "show armor", while the main one will only provide the stats.

You can not ask players to spend 600 CC to unlock a set account wide then tell them they have to spend another 3000 CC to unlock that set legacy wide.

Cartel Market unlocks are based on the set, not per piece. You can still have your little dream of making any random item Bind on Legacy for 200-500 CC, but unlocking sets in collection requires the whole set be unlocked, not parts of the set.

asking a smaller additional charge, 100-200 CC to further unlock a CM set for Bind on Legacy is much more viable than telling them that after spending 600 CC to unlock it account wide, they need to spend another 3000 CC to turn it into Bind on Legacy.

"True Agenda..."

Edited by illgot

You can not ask players to spend 600 CC to unlock a set account wide then tell them they have to spend another 3000 CC to unlock that set legacy wide.

Cartel Market unlocks are based on the set, not per piece. You can still have your little dream of making any random item Bind on Legacy for 200-500 CC, but unlocking sets in collection requires the whole set be unlocked, not parts of the set.

asking a smaller additional charge, 100-200 CC to further unlock a CM set for Bind on Legacy is much more viable than telling them that after spending 600 CC to unlock it account wide, they need to spend another 3000 CC to turn it into Bind on Legacy.

"True Agenda..."

Nobody is forcing you to spend the money. You can`t afford to spend, don`t spend. You have plenty of options left - use existing legacy sets, from which some are free, or use orange gear.

And I didn`t ask anyone to spend 600 to unlock at first - if I modify a piece of gear ONCE into Legacy gear, I can send freely regardless - I won`t need "copies" from collections. 2000 CC is a fair price for LUXURY ITEMS, just as dyes are, or rare crystals that you spend fortunes in getting one to drop.

You don`t like the cost because it backfires on your agenda - have your cake AND eat it. Don`t like it, don`t buy it. But 600 is way too low for luxury. Also, nobody is forcing you to make a full set, although I`d LOVE to see only that, just for all the loud mouthed individuals. You could save up and make only the chest, then mix/match existing legacy pants / gloves / etc. If you want a SPECIFIC look, you`d better be ready to pay for it.

For the red text - viable? So, for a security key user, that`s 3 items off ONE free monthly quota. Yeah, I can totally see Bioware making money off free coins... funny logic you have - you want Bioware to make money, but not at YOUR expense. It`s not working like that, sadly.

Bottom line - I`m more than willing to spend 62 pounds ONLY on a "Legacy bundle", where I can only "turn" a set in a 7 pieces set at 14.5k CC`s. If you can`t match that, well... time to start buying coins I say, or use existing sets - nobody is forcing you to do anything and it`s not like you don`t have options.. free options, but hey, you wanted to make Bioware money. So, you can match my 62 pounds or get the hell out :)

[EDIT] And just to refresh your memory - 1440 CC for one armor set, 3000 for a mount and 2000 for black / black dye. Those are REGULAR items, which you can get off CM. If you want a specific look from an armor, it is only fair to be more expensive than any of the CM items, because it will be unlocked for all your toons as soon as you "legacified" it. SO, no, 200-500 is not an option and a very stupid idea, because it is not in line with the luxury value of what is offered - universal SPECIFIC look.

Edited by Styxx

Nobody is forcing you to spend the money. You can`t afford to spend, don`t spend. You have plenty of options left - use existing legacy sets, from which some are free, or use orange gear.

And I didn`t ask anyone to spend 600 to unlock at first - if I modify a piece of gear ONCE into Legacy gear, I can send freely regardless - I won`t need "copies" from collections. 2000 CC is a fair price for LUXURY ITEMS, just as dyes are, or rare crystals that you spend fortunes in getting one to drop.

You don`t like the cost because it backfires on your agenda - have your cake AND eat it. Don`t like it, don`t buy it. But 600 is way too low for luxury. Also, nobody is forcing you to make a full set, although I`d LOVE to see only that, just for all the loud mouthed individuals. You could save up and make only the chest, then mix/match existing legacy pants / gloves / etc. If you want a SPECIFIC look, you`d better be ready to pay for it.

For the red text - viable? So, for a security key user, that`s 3 items off ONE free monthly quota. Yeah, I can totally see Bioware making money off free coins... funny logic you have - you want Bioware to make money, but not at YOUR expense. It`s not working like that, sadly.

Bottom line - I`m more than willing to spend 62 pounds ONLY on a "Legacy bundle", where I can only "turn" a set in a 7 pieces set at 14.5k CC`s. If you can`t match that, well... time to start buying coins I say, or use existing sets - nobody is forcing you to do anything and it`s not like you don`t have options.. free options, but hey, you wanted to make Bioware money. So, you can match my 62 pounds or get the hell out :)

[EDIT] And just to refresh your memory - 1440 CC for one armor set, 3000 for a mount and 2000 for black / black dye. Those are REGULAR items, which you can get off CM. If you want a specific look from an armor, it is only fair to be more expensive than any of the CM items, because it will be unlocked for all your toons as soon as you "legacified" it. SO, no, 200-500 is not an option and a very stupid idea, because it is not in line with the luxury value of what is offered - universal SPECIFIC look.

First you are coming into my suggestion post and interjecting your ideas as if they are the only ones that matter. My suggestion is that a Bind on Legacy unlock can only be purchased once the Account Wide unlock as been accessed. The prerequisite for unlocking Bind on Legacy is having purchase Account Wide unlock. My suggestion is only about Cartel Market sets.

Second, Bioware will generate more revenue if the Bind on Legacy option is affordable to the majority of players.

Very few players will spend money to obtain a full set, then spend 600 CC to unlock the set account wide, then spend another 3000 CC to unlock the set for Bind on Legacy.

Lastly, your argument that my suggestion has some "hidden agenda" based on what I can and can not afford unfounded and slightly idiotic.

http://imgur.com/h37c7aB

My only agenda for making this suggestion is making Cartel Market sets slightly more desirable to players like myself who have little desire to own the sets due to Bind on Legacy sets that currently exist.

Edited by illgot

Second, Bioware will generate more revenue if the Bind on Legacy option is affordable to the majority of players.

You mean how they are pricing one mount at 3000 CC and a dye at 2000 CC? Don`t be ridiculous. A bare minimum of 6000 would make them money still, especially if they goad the idiots into gambling on packs for some illusory 1% drop rate of one "Legacy Armor Box".

Nice CC count :)

Also, my idea is better, because it addresses ALL orange sets, as long as they are empty. And it avoids one expense by not having a legacy unlock. I like my idea better, because it`s simpler. It also offers the possibility of selling said Legacy boxes or Kits.

Also, it is not your thread. It`s a public forum.

Edited by Styxx

You mean how they are pricing one mount at 3000 CC and a dye at 2000 CC? Don`t be ridiculous. A bare minimum of 6000 would make them money still, especially if they goad the idiots into gambling on packs for some illusory 1% drop rate of one "Legacy Armor Box".

Nice CC count :)

Also, my idea is better, because it addresses ALL orange sets, as long as they are empty. And it avoids one expense by not having a legacy unlock. I like my idea better, because it`s simpler. It also offers the possibility of selling said Legacy boxes or Kits.

Also, it is not your thread. It`s a public forum.

Your idea can still be used on non CM gear. I don't know why you think only your idea is best for all orange gear.

For all orange gear your idea loses out when it comes to CM gear. Everything about the CM outfits is based on the whole outfit, not parts.

And no, you do not go to a post, act like a rude child by telling the OP they have some hidden agenda because they can not afford your suggestion, then state that only your idea would work.

Edited by illgot

Your idea can still be used on non CM gear. I don't know why you think only your idea is best for all orange gear.

For all orange gear your idea loses out when it comes to CM gear. Everything about the CM outfits is based on the whole outfit, not parts.

And no, you do not go to a post, act like a rude child by telling the OP they have some hidden agenda because they can not afford your suggestion, then state that only your idea would work.

I never asked for a full set. I did ask when it actually applies the BtL. So, in my idea, you drag ANY 5 or 7 pieces into a "Legacy Box" - you can make any combo and it was never said it will only apply to sets. It WILL make a set of your choosing after you "Legacify" it. SO, it`s either individually, via tokens per piece or armor or a Legacy box of 5 or 7 pieces.

As for rudeness... you see.. I`m not naive enough to believe that everybody here is making suggestions out of kindness of their heart. Every single one has a personal stake in it - whether I see it or not at that particular point or in general; unless they have money invested in EA/BW, but except that, only a fool would believe that anyone would string herself / himself up by asking for MORE expenses.

So, I ask you: Why do you insist on an idea that has AT LEAST one more CC expense? At least mine bypasses the unlock in collections and pays only once vs your twice - collections and actual set / individual pieces?

Edited by Styxx

Just remembered - do you know which idea is better than mine AND yours? A FREE social tab, where we can put any armor and it will give the looks, on top of the existing one, which will provide the stats. That idea is the most beneficial FOR THE PLAYER and it would be, to some extent, earned, seeing how we are nickle and dimed with all the new armors being CM exclusives.

SO, why won`t you start spending the same amount of time and effort on this proposal - FREE social tab?

Someone suggested previously, and it is the simpliest adjustment:

Change Bind on Account to Bind on Legacy in the Collections Tab. This will allow people that use the same legacy gear on multiple characters to have a more customized appearance than what is previously allowed through reputation gear, starfighter gear, or legacy gear at coruscant.

Someone suggested previously, and it is the simpliest adjustment:

Change Bind on Account to Bind on Legacy in the Collections Tab. This will allow people that use the same legacy gear on multiple characters to have a more customized appearance than what is previously allowed through reputation gear, starfighter gear, or legacy gear at coruscant.

If u change the account-wide unlock into a B2L unlock, u will lose ur entire collection if u switch servers. That is y people r asking for a new tab 2 b added, and not a tab replacement. Though 2 b honest I still don't understand y they don't just ask 4 B2L mods:o

Edited by Mlnvifun