The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is there any ability or skill that reduces the activation time of cylinders?

kreeshak

Yea, basically pick one and go with it. I assume you're talking about being focused in PvP. Switching cells, without switching anything else is only going to net you a small (~15% increase in DR) and nothing else. Without a shield equipped you won't be able to be absorb any damage.

To close approximation, the amount of damage you take while switching probably equals the reduced damage you're not taking, after switching.

Lowbie PvP can easily be a giant cluster where whoever has the most players that have trained their interrupts, KBs, CC break and movement buff(s) have a big advantage. It's still fun, but it's more chaotic than 55.

Everyone will get focused and melt down.

Pick a cell and stick with it.

First of all,

Read how long they take to activate.

Secondly,

Look at the core of what they do.

Ion is better then your shield that has a Cooldown.

The other is a 5% DPS buff and the other is a DOT.

Everything to a Bounty Hunter is Situational.

-End of Line.

You are not supposed to try switch them in the middle of the fight, and read what they actually do.

^^ this. Swapping cylinders generally isn't a good idea. Its okay to swap to Ion gas at the start of an arena if you want to protect a healer or something and you have 2 other good DPS on your team. The only time you should ever swap cylinders in a match is perhaps during huttball and you are planning on carrying the ball for an extended period of time with little to no focus on DPS - apart from that, it is not wise to swap (that is, it isn't intended to be a "move" like rocket punch).

Edited by Kooziejr

You are not supposed to try switch them in the middle of the fight, and read what they actually do.

thats why I quoted my original post. I *DID* read what they do?

I am upset about the reading comprehension of some posters.

thats why I quoted my original post. I *DID* read what they do?

I am upset about the reading comprehension of some posters.

Don't worry. It's a fair question if you haven't played much of the game before! I actually think its quite clever for you to have even considered swapping them when you are starting out...at least it shows you are thinking how to mitigate damage etc. But no, unfortunately they do not work like that (hence the 1.5 second cast) and you should stick with one cylinder once you spec.

Perhaps he meant it in a friendly way, and I am over sensitive :S The way I got "read the tooltips and what they do" was to imply that every new player, and in this case me, is stupid :S

The concept of stance dancing, (or form dancing) is already in swtor.