Favorite ways to take out bombers?

jmjeffw

Taking down bombers has become my new favorite activity in the game (slightly edging out gunship hunting). Now I don't mean what's quickest, most efficient, etc. I mean what method of taking down bombers gives you the most personal satisfaction?

For me, it's nailing them with a sabotage probe, then popping TT and CF and pounding them until they're space dust. I like to imagine them pounding their keyboard in frustration as they watch their shields and hull melt away. To me it's also the most reliable method to take them down. As long as you can get past their mines and whatnot, and they don't have their whole team defending them, it's pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Anyone else have favorite bomber counters?

Since I fly just a poor Nova with light laser and rocket pods, I just shoot them repeatedly from behind with TT and CF. They tend to die, but it takes some time and ammo, not to mention that I am quite vulnerable while doing that.

Any kill that involves a sab probe is hilarious.

I like beating bombers at their own game. Evade their mines and circle around the node with them in my Flashfire/Sting. Beat them down at point blank with BLC. I've one-shot the hulls of some bombers with the armor pen talent. So satisfying.

Beat them down at point blank with BLC. I've one-shot the hulls of some bombers with the armor pen talent. So satisfying.

And I bet you've been real frustrated when you see 2360 and they live with a sliver of health because they made the right choice for the armor slot.

And I bet you've been real frustrated when you see 2360 and they live with a sliver of health because they made the right choice for the armor slot.

Maybe a little but probably not as frustrated as they are thinking they can just circle around and drop mines and win. That one extra shot is nothing. The only thing that gets me is not getting them down in time before their seismic mine comes off cooldown. Those things hurt.