2.7 New PvP gear set

-KeggER-

A new set is coming in 2.7, the devs have referenced this fact a couple of times.

I wish they would not release a new set tho, gear grinds are not content. We should only see new sets of gear when the level cap is raised.

For the love of God, this. I think the announcement of the season 1 rewards shows that gear isn't the only content that will get people in to matches.

While I am not completely against new gear, we need enough time notice before a new tier is introduced. We are a month away from 2.7 and we have no clue if there is a new PvP gear tier or not (more likely than not, but no confirmation). Also, new tier of gear is NOT content. Not to mention it will be a new bolster system... We just managed to understand the current one..

I don't think much will change with the bolster system. The issue with the design is they will always have to raise the floor on PvE gear to keep their gap between bolstered PvE gear and BiS PvP gear, relatively the same. What I suspect will happen is the item rating requirement for full bolster will now be in the 470 range, meaning you can wear 66/66/66 purples, and not get an EXP nerf. This also means combos like 69/69/61, or 72/69/58 will become more viable than Obroan. Same thing happened to Partisan and Conq gear.

Even if they release new raid gear, bolster will nerf them hard, and lord knows we don't need new gear to counter new raid gear in OW... There is absolutely no point in adding anymore PvP gear until they decide if PvP will be gear based or not.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Always assume that there is going to be a new set of gear with a big PvP patch. Just save your ranked coms and warzone coms. A month is long enough to cap out and to be prepared. I just came back to the game recently and I'm only a few pieces away from being completely geared our on Ob gear.

I don't think much will change with the bolster system. The issue with the design is they will always have to raise the floor on PvE gear to keep their gap between bolstered PvE gear and BiS PvP gear, relatively the same. What I suspect will happen is the item rating requirement for full bolster will now be in the 470 range, meaning you can wear 66/66/66 purples, and not get an EXP nerf. This also means combos like 69/69/61, or 72/69/58 will become more viable than Obroan. Same thing happened to Partisan and Conq gear.

Even if they release new raid gear, bolster will nerf them hard, and lord knows we don't need new gear to counter new raid gear in OW... There is absolutely no point in adding anymore PvP gear until they decide if PvP will be gear based or not.

Exactly that. 72 will be cheeper and 72/66/63 viable if bolster is not fixed.

Edited by Aetideus