Countering CrD / Mind Crush - Tips for all Classes vs. Assassins / Shadows

Xinika

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be fair, I laugh at Sins who Crushing Darkness my Sorc, too. I probably couldn't beat a good Sin, but it would have nothing to do with Crushing Darkness.

I personally only use it when I know they've blown there CC break already. I don't want to give them any time to plan in advance, I would rather just Maul after the LS. But on the occasion that I use it, I immediately hit blackout after because it does use too much force.

LS > CrD > (Blackout) Maul > Electrocute > (Recklessness) Discharge > Shock > ??? > Profit

It's honestly a waste of time using CrD on a sage unless you know for sure they have no barrier, stun break or cannot cleanse.

Hell no. If they want to waste a barrier or a break on it.. by all means. I happily trade my CrD for that.

Hell no. If they want to waste a barrier or a break on it.. by all means. I happily trade my CrD for that.

It's unlikely they'd use barrier solely for CrD. My point is, it's not very useful to use it if you cannot lock them down. They can simply cleanse it. My fights against good sages have made me learn this. For example, you do your CrD combo into a hard stun (white barring them), they can use barrier offensively and believe me it can work if they know what they're doing.

Edited by Xinika

It's unlikely they'd use barrier solely for CrD. My point is, it's not very useful to use it if you cannot lock them down. They can simply cleanse it. My fights against good sages have made me learn this. For example, you do your CrD combo into a hard stun (white barring them), they can use barrier offensively and believe me it can work if they know what they're doing.

I don't care if they cleanse it. I'll use it for the initial damage then.

I don't care if they cleanse it. I'll use it for the initial damage then.

Hefty waste of force for a tick or 2. It's just not as potent versus our sorc counterparts. Good sorcs have time and time again showed me this.

Wanna bet on that?

Yup. I've done it over and over again. There are sins who can destroy me in wzs, who I know are better then me. They can probably do whatever they want and win, but they dont use Crd on me. Then theres the Sins who are close to me in skill, where the moves actually matter and differences in talent choices and lucky crits/shroud not working properly. In those fights I kill sins who waste force on crd.

You talked in a post above about using it just for its intial tick? what a waste. Why would you do that?

Yup. I've done it over and over again. There are sins who can destroy me in wzs, who I know are better then me. They can probably do whatever they want and win, but they dont use Crd on me. Then theres the Sins who are close to me in skill, where the moves actually matter and differences in talent choices and lucky crits/shroud not working properly. In those fights I kill sins who waste force on crd.

You talked in a post above about using it just for its intial tick? what a waste. Why would you do that?

Because I get the force back quickly enough anyway. You still have 2.5 seconds of dark embrace after opening with LS. With that i get back another 12 force. I'm happy to spend 28 force on 4k extra damage i would otherwise not have had.

28 force im not going to need anytime soon anyway. Since i have another blackout, plus another restealth dark embrace and ANOTHER blackout. So yeah, don't even notice.