LATINO America need a server , rly badly!

Navyh

I write this led to the charge of adding servers and the Latino community in SWTOR, we need a server for us to speak our language, to share our own culture, because of starwars fanatic community here is very great, and everyone is scattered on different servers. Perhaps now is too soon to release the game in Spanish, but at least one server just for us.

---------------------------------------------------------

Escribo esto dirigido a los encargados de agregar servidores y a la comunidad latina de SWTOR , nesesitamos un server para nosotros , para hablar en nuestro idioma , para compartir nuestra propia cultura , ya que la comunidad fanatica de starwars aqui es muy grande , y todos estan dispersos en distintos servidores. Tal vez por ahora sea muy pronto lanzar el juego en español , pero al menos un servidor solo para nosotros.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's because latino america is not only a country , there're too many countrys , who speak the same language , or like there's American servers , EUROPE servers .

My bad, I miss understood and I approve your message.

:)

I am actually surprised that there is no Spanish translation of the dialogue.

But then again, you would need Latin Spanish and Spain Spanish versions...

But South America is an entire continent... I would think that would qualify for the numbers part. I mean,,, German is spoken by a few countries.. but not my call.

No............. another case of "we are special"

Bioware can I please have a Germany, Hungarian, Irish and Italian immigrant server?

so we need to be special to have our own server?... lol. Whos talking about inmigrants? ***

And yes I think we need a server for Latin America people, a server where we can speak in spanish in General chat, pvp, ops, questing, flashpoints etc.

Edited by jamazvu

I write this led to the charge of adding servers and the Latino community in SWTOR, we need a server for us to speak our language, to share our own culture, because of starwars fanatic community here is very great, and everyone is scattered on different servers. Perhaps now is too soon to release the game in Spanish, but at least one server just for us.

Right after I get my Scots-Irish/Finish American server. Or my wife gets her Polish/Italian American server. We have cultures too you know.

Or maybe you could just play the game.

Right after I get my Scots-Irish/Finish American server. Or my wife gets her Polish/Italian American server. We have cultures too you know.

Or maybe you could just play the game.

this is not about 2 or 3 country servers... this is not about peruvian-chilean server etc . This is all about language and community. Latin America = South America + Central America + Mexico

I think the game is perfect in english. So atleast for me, I would just like to see a Latin American server =)

btw... I dont know what Poland and Italy have in common

this is not about 2 or 3 country servers... this is not about peruvian-chilean server etc . This is all about language and community. Latin America = South America + Central America + Mexico

I think the game is perfect in english. So atleast for me, I would just like to see a Latin American server =)

Agree with Jamazvu

I believe the only reason for French and German translations are due to local laws in France and Germany. (I remember reading about the law in France years ago, in response to what the elite in France considered too much English-speaking.)

Since the servers are "US Servers" and "European Servers," I suspect that Latin America is not yet officially supported. It is like U.S. players logging on to a Japanese or Korean MMO that is not officially supported in the U.S. and wanting English servers.

Since the servers are "US Servers" and "European Servers," I suspect that Latin America is not yet officially supported. It is like U.S. players logging on to a Japanese or Korean MMO that is not officially supported in the U.S. and wanting English servers.

hear hear ..

I´m from Argentina and, although I would like to play in a Latin American server, I understand that the game so far is officially marketed only in US and Europe, so I can´t really complain.

I´m sure eventually EA and Bioware will launch Latin American servers if there are a lot of people here playing the game, but I don´t think it´ll be any time soon.

The continent is called South America on any map I have seen...

Latin America is a common term used to refer to the part of America that was mostly colonized by Spain and Portugal, because Spanish and Portuguese are languages both derived from Latin. Thus, Latin America does not only include South America, but Central America and Mexico as well (I honestly don´t remember if Mexico is considered part of Central America or part of North America, my excuses for that).

Either way, I don´t see how your post contributes in any way to the thread topic.

because Spanish and Portuguese are languages both derived from Latin.

You mean like Italian, German, French, English, Malay-Indonesian, Turkish, Polish? :p Yeah arguing will go nowhere though cos I know it's a pretty common misuse, just annoying lol.

Edited by SelinaK

It's an ethnic background remark much like mine was, OP needed to say Spanish servers not Latino servers.

No, it was about the roots for languages, something people that promote nationalism/racial divisions rarely care about as it's a little too inconvenient to remind them that we're all actually humans... The day we start having divides along cultural and ethnic reasons for any reason other than timezone convenience is when we start having digital apartheid...

• 2 weeks later...