Light Saber Core Colors

Darth_Krushya

I've seen some pretty exotic light saber colors lately. First blades with black core started showing up in the SWTOR mmo, and when I looked around the GTN and and collections I saw even more weird color crystals: Crystals that will produce Blue cores with white glow, blue cores with yellow glow and such.

I'm sure these crystals are artificially created with chemicals a mold and a small oven the cook chemicals into a crystallized stone while it's creator meditates over it with the Force. Light Saber Cores are normally white.

My question or questions are: How do you produce a crystal to get a color that is NOT white and to get a glow that is different than the core. I'm quite sure it has to do with the chemicals used, but to produce a core color that differs from the glow it produces, puzzles me.

Would you please share your theories with me? Thank you.

It's a game mechanic with absolutely no foundation in proper lore; pay it no mind.

Thank you!

They make the inside the core color and the outside the other one. Just a guess

Always get the smart ones. You're a Fart Smella --- I mean a Smart Fella.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info

• 2 weeks later...
well the blade of a light saber is a loop of plasma, the core could be hotter or colder than the edge and that could change the core color just guessing. or it could be a combanation of crystals

Thanx for an intelligent answer. I appreciate your theories, no matter how farfetched, so long as it's plausible.

It could also be explained by being the product of more than just the crystal. A lightsaber's blade is plasma contained within an magnetic field created by the blade emitter/emitter matrix. Given the varying colors of magnetic barriers and forcefields seen in Star Wars, it shouldn't be too farfetched to believe this field could be colorized or cosmetically altered on a lightsaber.

If the field surrounding the plasma was of a different color, it would be thinnest looked at head on, allowing the core color to shine through unabated. At the edges, from the viewers perspective, the field would be thickest and the plasma thinnest, making the viewer see the field color rather than the core color. This could theoretically allow a two-color blade.

I always thought the different colors came from a multi colored crystal. Like how I explained my preorder crystal as a yellow crystal with a black core in the middle.

Pretty much how I've always viewed them as far back as when I made some multicolored sabers for myself in KOTOR. Just a different type of synthetic crystal.

I've seen some pretty exotic light saber colors lately. First blades with black core started showing up in the SWTOR mmo, and when I looked around the GTN and and collections I saw even more weird color crystals: Crystals that will produce Blue cores with white glow, blue cores with yellow glow and such.

I'm sure these crystals are artificially created with chemicals a mold and a small oven the cook chemicals into a crystallized stone while it's creator meditates over it with the Force. Light Saber Cores are normally white.

My question or questions are: How do you produce a crystal to get a color that is NOT white and to get a glow that is different than the core. I'm quite sure it has to do with the chemicals used, but to produce a core color that differs from the glow it produces, puzzles me.

Would you please share your theories with me? Thank you.

quick one I saw this post, from what I have read sith synthesize there own crystals unnaturally which is why they have there bloodshine colour where as jedi use naturally formed crystals and according to what I have read the sith crystals are more powerful for it, so in cases of colour red is only sith because they choose to synthesize not harvest natural colour crystal, short and sweet for you but I hope this helps

It could also be explained by being the product of more than just the crystal. A lightsaber's blade is plasma contained within an magnetic field created by the blade emitter/emitter matrix. Given the varying colors of magnetic barriers and forcefields seen in Star Wars, it shouldn't be too farfetched to believe this field could be colorized or cosmetically altered on a lightsaber.

If the field surrounding the plasma was of a different color, it would be thinnest looked at head on, allowing the core color to shine through unabated. At the edges, from the viewers perspective, the field would be thickest and the plasma thinnest, making the viewer see the field color rather than the core color. This could theoretically allow a two-color blade.

I always thought the different colors came from a multi colored crystal. Like how I explained my preorder crystal as a yellow crystal with a black core in the middle.

Very interesting and informative. Thanx, all, very much.

quick one I saw this post, from what I have read sith synthesize there own crystals unnaturally which is why they have there bloodshine colour where as jedi use naturally formed crystals and according to what I have read the sith crystals are more powerful for it, so in cases of colour red is only sith because they choose to synthesize not harvest natural colour crystal, short and sweet for you but I hope this helps

I appreciate your reply too. I did read that before. But, thanx. Everything helps.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info