Am i the only one...

StellaRossa

The real problem I have with Makeb is the reason for the thick mob density is to artificially make the leveling process longer. Ya know, instead of making more quests. That to me screams out "Lazy" every time I step foot on it, which is few and far between.

Exactly right. Just like Oricon until recently, where every mob had the aggro range equivalent of the San Andreas Fault extension. Half the time spent there was evading mob groups.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I absolutely HATE Makeb. I have been through the planet a total of 12 times now. Why? It is because I have done it so many times it doesn't take that long anymore and it is good XP. I still hate it though, last time I stopped as soon as I hit 55 and left the planet forever which is what I will do for my next 4 toons.

The planet should have blown up by now anyway, what is taking it so long? :confused:

I absolutely HATE Makeb. I have been through the planet a total of 12 times now. Why? It is because I have done it so many times it doesn't take that long anymore and it is good XP. I still hate it though, last time I stopped as soon as I hit 55 and left the planet forever which is what I will do for my next 4 toons.

The planet should have blown up by now anyway, what is taking it so long? :confused:

Imperials were able to stabilize the planet's core. Flora and fauna will cease to exist altogether and Makeb will become truly inhabitable but the Isotope-5 is ripe for picking.

* cue Siege of Alderaan tune *

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The speeders take you directly to your destination without the whole scenic route waste of time.

I know that I'm the minority here (as an story player anyway), but I love that on every planet : Looking at the landscape. I often take screenshots from taxi rides.

Your sentence reminds me of the movie "Cars" ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Makeb is alright. I liked it, especially Imp side as it has a better story, more challenging bosses. I still run the Makeb staged dailies on the toons I'm, gearing up. The elite comms pay out makes it worth while.

I don't find the mob density much of an issue. Either you can skip through on your mount or you fight. Fighting puts creds and xp in your pocket so... no biggie.

I've gotten really good at the stage dailies. I can finish them in a little over an hour. And the GSI dailies are the best on Makeb. Good pay out too if you are farming basic comms.

And of course you have the Golden Furry. Great way to start gearing up if you are just capping 55. Gear plus ultimate comms, elite comms, and Isotope-5, you can't beat it for a few minutes worth of work.

Makeb is alright. I liked it, especially Imp side as it has a better story, more challenging bosses. I still run the Makeb staged dailies on the toons I'm, gearing up. The elite comms pay out makes it worth while.

I don't find the mob density much of an issue. Either you can skip through on your mount or you fight. Fighting puts creds and xp in your pocket so... no biggie.

I've gotten really good at the stage dailies. I can finish them in a little over an hour. And the GSI dailies are the best on Makeb. Good pay out too if you are farming basic comms.

And of course you have the Golden Furry. Great way to start gearing up if you are just capping 55. Gear plus ultimate comms, elite comms, and Isotope-5, you can't beat it for a few minutes worth of work.

Yeah that's what I mean't , those stage dailys/weeklys are great for gearing up , that's what I did for a few months on a few characters. Makeb is fine. O don't forget that at the end you get a really important enhancement , exactly for your class/skill tree.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

After playing 1-50 and having worlds to explore, Makeb is a few grassy knolls with far too many mobs that respawn far too quickly. Haven't been back for the quests since my 1st 50-55 toon there.

I will admit, wasn't a fan when I originally went though on my sawbones. Flyby’s cooldown just wasn’t fast enough to keep up with all the mobs. However, slinger, agent (respec to dps from heals), BH, commando, shadow, sage and watchman later, I love the place and the respawn rate. It is an AoE paradise and a easy place to get my companion achievements for kills. I can’t wait to get my sorcerer there and fill the sky with lightning.

Imperials were able to stabilize the planet's core. Flora and fauna will cease to exist altogether and Makeb will become truly inhabitable but the Isotope-5 is ripe for picking.

* cue Siege of Alderaan tune *

It was a joke. I think you missed what I said at the beginning of my post. :p

The real problem I have with Makeb is the reason for the thick mob density is to artificially make the leveling process longer. Ya know, instead of making more quests. That to me screams out "Lazy" every time I step foot on it, which is few and far between.

This makes no sense at all. The Makeb storyline is just as long as the average for the planets that were in at launch. Most people hit Makeb being 51+ and finish the storyline at about 54-55. The amount of explorable area is about average (more than some, less than others). As others have stated, the artwork is very good.

You do not like the mob density, understood. "Lazy" is people who cannot be bothered to put forward logical arguments for their opinion.

LOL! He was obviously not saying there are literally a MILLION.

And curious...how much leveling have you done on Makeb once you hit 55 to avoid the completely frustrating aggro range?

I have taken all 12 55's through the storyline and done the Staged Weekly on all ( I hate unfinished quests!). The OP made no distinction about leveling/daily's and my response was to those mentioning how horrible the daily's on Makeb are.

Edited by RandomXChance