Retunrning Player - New Legacy - nay advice?

mighty_joe

I have returned to swtor after a long absence, started a new legacy in my current area (EU) so i can't move my legacy from US ...

I got a new lvl 55, after getting started in GSF I find myself interested in ground pvp again, too.

from what i read new players are strongly encouraged to lvl through pvp and buy stuff as soon as they hit 55.

what do I do on 55 if i have not yet pvp'd this toon before?

from the forum posts I read it seems rather pointless to try, because it would be an uphill battle forever. people even ask new players not queue in pve gear.

how do I start, if at all?

Welcome back

In your case, I would ask support if they can transfer your legacy over, you have a good reason for this request.

About your concernes related to the PVP equipment, it isn't as bad anymore as it was in the past. There is now a bolster system in place, bolstering up your characters equipment to a decent level. You just need to make sure, that your none PVP equipment isn't to high (blue 45-46 seams to be the best) to get full expertise and that you don't mix PVE and PVP components on an orange item.

Hope this helps.

Edited by DerTaran

if you read the 'bolster and you' stickied forum message that would help. Basically you want to keep your gear mods, armourings and enhancements below the level of (EDIT) Obroan ones (67) to get the full effects of Bolster. Thus you would get Expertise 2018 despite having none on your gear.

Go for crafted ear piece and implants, and the best relics you can get. My advice would be to buy PVP relics as a priority once you start to amass the necessary commendations.

It would help if you could post your class and role in order to give more detail. Makesure you have WZ medpacs and adrenals before you go in. If you are not a biochemist then invest in some stims.

Use orange shells and augment them, then as you aquire pvp gear, change the mods over accordingly, remembering of course to keep your shells.

Hope that helps,

U_M

Edited by uncle_monty

thx for the replies.

i did of course ask more than once that my legacy be transferred from POT5 to Europe, they declined.

I read the stickies, and other guides, but all guides assume I level through pvp and have valor rank and comms rdy on 55. i don't, that's why I asked if it's worth the trouble.

i remember leveling a couple of toons through pvp on POT5 and still hitting the gear-brickwall on 50 and getting creamed for dozens of matches. if you say it's not that bad anymore, why do people insist on me getting gear before even joining queues, which i dont know how to do ( is there a way to buy it?)

i dont understand why i should wear low lvl pve gear. the bolster system is not selfexplanatory to me at all.

my class is sentinel, spec is watchman, with 8 points for increased offhand dmg.

i do have basic comm gear with augments and do around ~2,1k dps on an ops dummy

Edited by mighty_joe

how do I start, if at all?

my advices.

get yourself a second set of modable items/weapons armor) for pvp, fill them with lvl 45 mods from the voss and correlia planetary merchants. get blue lvl 53 ear and implant slots, the matrix cube of your choice and a purchasable second relic.

upgrade those modable items by atleast blue 28 augments.

all of that does not need any pvp activity at all and you have a solid (because of bolster) starting

then get pvp relics [replace the non matrix cube by the power conq relic] you directly aim for obroan versions so dont bother to augment the conq versions. [keep your warzone commendations after purchasing the conq relics to buy the obroan versions]

after you have your obran relics [mainstat+power] your next goal will be 4 conq set pieces for the 2 and 4 set-piece-boni wich are quite powerfull for sentinals.and replace the lvl 45 mods by the conq-versions.

as new sets are allready announced i would suggest to save your WZ-comms [after you reached the beforehand mentiond items] (by purchasing lowlvl pvp-weapons) for the april update. [keep in mind the 2 hours resell window to not lose your comms]

T.

Edited by Tankqull

thx for the replies.

i did of course ask more than once that my legacy be transferred from POT5 to Europe, they declined.

I read the stickies, and other guides, but all guides assume I level through pvp and have valor rank and comms rdy on 55. i don't, that's why I asked if it's worth the trouble.

i remember leveling a couple of toons through pvp on POT5 and still hitting the gear-brickwall on 50 and getting creamed for dozens of matches. if you say it's not that bad anymore, why do people insist on me getting gear before even joining queues, which i dont know how to do ( is there a way to buy it?)

i dont understand why i should wear low lvl pve gear. the bolster system is not selfexplanatory to me at all.

my class is sentinel, spec is watchman, with 8 points for increased offhand dmg.

i do have basic comm gear with augments and do around ~2,1k dps on an ops dummy

PvP gear is irrelevant on a couple slots and moot on quite a few others. Likely, if you are not wearing any old PvP gear, your gear is good enough in WZs. If you want more info, you need to be mote specific as to what you are wearing and what your EXP is while in a WZ. Otherwise I think you read the wrong sticky.

This one http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

It doesn't matter if you don't have PvP comms maxed. You can wear 100% PvE gear and be on par with everyone as long as you follow those general guidelines...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.