The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Rage Boot Advice

GeneralTruin

So I logged in last night to my Pub Guild where I am GM there and someone rage quit the guild because someone from the Imp Guild had it out with one of our members. However, before this person logged over to the rage quit he, being an officer there booted everyone below his rank and then left. I thought I had dealt with every guild issue there is but apparently not this. I am at a loss and I wanted to ask the SWTOR community for advice on how to proceed. Is there some website even that lists the members or a guild? Or is there a guild log that I am missing so we can find out the names of about 100+ of our members that were booted? I am seriously hung over from last night so I apologize if this isn't worded well. Please do not respond with insults or such this situation is already insulting enough. Thanks.

Ouch, unfortunately I think you are screwed. You can only hope that your members try to contact you in game to be re-added. My guild keeps an external google spreadsheet that lists all of our members and character names to prevent things like that. I would suggest that for the future you do that and/or an external website where you can keep track of your members.

Good luck!

Edited by GrovesK

We had this happen once, not as bad as yours, but still had about 30 or so get kicked by a mad officer. After that I set it so only I could remove someone from the guild.. All the remaining officers where ok with this.. This has been working good for us this way.. When ever we have a problem member I get an in game email about it and then decide if they need kicked or not...

Ouch, unfortunately I think you are screwed. You can only hope that your members try to contact you in game to be re-added. My guild keeps an external google spreadsheet that lists all of our members and character names to prevent things like that. I would suggest that for the future you do that and/or an external website where you can keep track of your members.

Good luck!

Hopefully, you got some tells and could explain. Otherwise some may take it the wrong way.

The time I got booted it was because we were merging with a larger guild and someone asks "OK, who's going first?" then boom I got booted (to get an invite to the larger guild immediately). So the circumstances of that were very funny and the circumstances made clear that the booting wasn't "real". However, if you didn't have a chance to touch base with some of those players, they are probably confused and gone.

Hopefully, you got some tells and could explain. Otherwise some may take it the wrong way.

The time I got booted it was because we were merging with a larger guild and someone asks "OK, who's going first?" then boom I got booted (to get an invite to the larger guild immediately). So the circumstances of that were very funny and the circumstances made clear that the booting wasn't "real". However, if you didn't have a chance to touch base with some of those players, they are probably confused and gone.

I almost lost a member of our guild completely the other day. I was playing with one other guy in our republic mirror one night. He saw that I was an officer and asked if I could set his rank to member alt (from recruit), since he was a full member on imp side. After checking who he was over there, I did so, then went to set his member note with his main's name. Instead, I accidentally hit "remove from guild" :eek: (While I'm thinking about that, there should really be a confirmation box for guild removals)

Fortunately, I invited him back right away and explained what had happened, but I was really embarrassed, and he was probably quite worried and upset for a minute.

OP, I second what the other posters said that there's probably no way to retrieve an official list of who was in your guild before, though you can try opening up a ticket and seeing if CS can do anything for you. If your guild has a website, you can cross-check the website membership with your current roster. Also, ask some of the other members if they remember the names of anyone who was in the guild at the time of the issue.

Quite a number of them might have moved on my now, but some may not have, and even the ones who have may appreciate at least getting a note or a /whisper explaining what happened.

Yeah it is a bad situation really, like one post said, have the diligence to keep an external database of Guild members is the way forward and the lesson we learn from this, but like with PC's, we never seem to religiously back up everything until we have lost everything at least once, tends to be human nature lol