Lets be honest here.

Applejacxs

Were only upset over this spawn change cause of this. OF all the things they could actually do to fix gsf that may actually be far more beneficial to gsf. This isn't it. IS fixing cap fleeing more important then this stupid contribution system they have in place? The fact that TDM turns into whose got the most gunships and bombers wins. Just two that come to mind right now. Thats whats frustrating some of us i think. Edited by Applejacxs
things

Especially for TDM I think this is a step in the right direction. In a mode where the objective is kills there shouldn't be an zone where, if entered, you die to AI and reward the other team points. The players should be getting their own kills for points. While not an apples to apples comparison, it reminds me of a previous exploit in huttball where shadows and vanguards could sit just outside their gate and pull the ball carrier up and instakill them. Gunships (either on the winning side or losing side) could sit in the protection of the capship and if the opponent tried to get the objective (kills in TDM) they would die to the environment and even worse reward the other team points.

I really don't think they are even trying to address one team farming the other. They are trying to discourage tactics that exploit the game mode.

Of course there are other bugs and small balance issues but they will be fixed in time. They've already fixes the drone missile break bug. This cap ship camping was game breaking when done. It basically eliminated strikes, scouts and bombers to an extent from contributing to the match.

EDIT: Comment out function in code that makes a turret shoot. I think it's pretty obvious this is a quick fix they didn't spend a lot of time working on. Non-contributing debuff, not respecting LOS on drones, collision detection to keep drones from going inside objects probably don't have quick fixes.

Edited by okiobe