So rage is the only mara spec that works well?

Teladis

It's really only at low levels where it's an issue, later on as the trees get filled out the other two perform just fine.

So you may want to try level up under one way to start with then respec after you get some points to go further up the other trees.

Edited by Dharagada

Carnage just keeps getting better and better as I level up. Much less problem with generating Rage, and Gore is awesome. Don't have Massacre yet, but that will also be ridiculous.

Essentially it's just at lower levels that some of the specs are a little tough.

I have a level 33 Marauder at the moment as annihilation and I am having a great time with it. Once you get Deadly Sabers it really starts to pick up speed. Rupture + deadly sabers is really nice. Annihilate looks great as well. Seems more of a PvE spec

Have not tried carnage yet, but I heard great things about it as well.

I respec'd from Carnage to Rage at level 27 or so and I LOVE Rage. Carnage got too boring for me for some reason and the Smash build in Rage freaking owns. I pretty much 2k almost any mob (I'm lvl 39) with Smash and can't wait to test out Force Crush. Obliterate is also an awesome skill I just wish the range of was as far or just as far as Force Charge. Or at least add a talent tree skill for it to increase the range.

IMO I think Rage is perfect for non-heroic/flashpoint PvE. It works pretty will in instances and such but when CC is required, it really cuts down the dps. I'll probably stick to Rage for a few levels, but I'm considering respecing to Annihilation since that is better elite/chamption damage overall damage.

Edited by BarcodeX