The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

legacy removal of all armor restrictions

jediharrsion

there are ways to work around it but the main problem is game balance if you put a jedi shadow/consular in Trooper gear (with willpower stuff) and give them that extra armor they would have WAY more armor then they are meant to in the game balance

just think about a jedi shadow tank right now in light armor is and ok tank but give them heavy armor and they are going to be the best by far

again I think this could be worked around in a few ways but its not just as easy as putting in a legacy option to ware heavy/mid armor

there are ways to work around it but the main problem is game balance if you put a jedi shadow/consular in Trooper gear (with willpower stuff) and give them that extra armor they would have WAY more armor then they are meant to in the game balance

just think about a jedi shadow tank right now in light armor is and ok tank but give them heavy armor and they are going to be the best by far

again I think this could be worked around in a few ways but its not just as easy as putting in a legacy option to ware heavy/mid armor

Your right. but the simple fact of having a shadow/sage in heavy armor would really be no different then the current heavy armored guardians. This is a very easy to work around this. and to add to the topic this is also a cosmetic issue that in my opinion needs to be addressed.

Your right. but the simple fact of having a shadow/sage in heavy armor would really be no different then the current heavy armored guardians. This is a very easy to work around this. and to add to the topic this is also a cosmetic issue that in my opinion needs to be addressed.

If it's cosmetic only, then go Adaptive Armor. You can look like a trooper and still stealth like a shadow.

If you want the protection of heavy armor vs. light/medium, well that really is a game breaking issue. No one in their right mind would self-nerf and wear light armor when everyone around them wears heavy. Either get rid of heavy/medium/light altogether, or add penalties for wearing outside your recommended armor weight. If you want to be a caster wearing heavy armor, you cast slower, in a way that stacking Alacrity would barely handle. Pen and paper RPGs handled it this way (i.e. you can be a plate wearing wizard, but you paid heavily for that privilege).

From an immersion/in the SW world perspective, you can't stealth around in heavy, clanking plates because someone would hear you. You also can't jump around, roll around, or do amazing acrobatics without tiring quickly or being impeded. Try it yourself: layer yourself with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, light jacket, and heavy jacket, and try dancing or jumping rope.

If it's cosmetic only, then go Adaptive Armor. You can look like a trooper and still stealth like a shadow.

If you want the protection of heavy armor vs. light/medium, well that really is a game breaking issue. No one in their right mind would self-nerf and wear light armor when everyone around them wears heavy. Either get rid of heavy/medium/light altogether, or add penalties for wearing outside your recommended armor weight. If you want to be a caster wearing heavy armor, you cast slower, in a way that stacking Alacrity would barely handle. Pen and paper RPGs handled it this way (i.e. you can be a plate wearing wizard, but you paid heavily for that privilege).

From an immersion/in the SW world perspective, you can't stealth around in heavy, clanking plates because someone would hear you. You also can't jump around, roll around, or do amazing acrobatics without tiring quickly or being impeded. Try it yourself: layer yourself with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, light jacket, and heavy jacket, and try dancing or jumping rope.

I understand what your saying sir. As I play a sith marauder I have noticed that there is a real lack of "Cannon" Robe sets in game. and the one that I was most looking forward to using ( Warrior progression trailer marauder first set ) This is only a heavy armor set when imo it should be open to all sith warrior classes.