The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Republic Officer Uniforms

vemerce

I would appreciate it if a new Republic Officer uniform could be added to the cash shop. (Not in a cartel pack, but for outright purchase like the Imperial Agent one.)

We already have a version available on the Fleet commendations vendor, as well as the Collector's Edition vendor on the fleet. However, both of these versions have a fake gun attached to the chest.

I would outright purchase new Cartel coins (not using my allowance for being a subscriber) to buy a version of the Republic Officers uniform that is not currently available for players to wear. There are several versions of such a uniform, including the set troopers wear upon creation (the white clothes they have on INSIDE the game at level 1), as well as several varieties that NPCs wear all through the Republic. Oh, and also, please do not make the default color blue; both current sets are blue.

I understand that the Imperial Agent set was made available because it's what agents wear on the creation screen, but I think for role-play purposes we're overdue for at least a second variety of player usable Republic Officer armor types.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by vemerce

I would appreciate it if a new Republic Officer uniform could be added to the cash shop. (Not in a cartel pack, but for outright purchase like the Imperial Agent one.)

We already have a version available on the Fleet commendations vendor, as well as the Collector's Edition vendor on the fleet. However, both of these versions have a fake gun attached to the chest.

I would outright purchase new Cartel coins (not using my allowance for being a subscriber) to buy a version of the Republic Officers uniform that is not currently available for players to wear. There are several versions of such a uniform, including the set troopers wear upon creation (the white clothes they have on INSIDE the game at level 1), as well as several varieties that NPCs wear all through the Republic. Oh, and also, please do not make the default color blue; both current sets are blue.

I understand that the Imperial Agent set was made available because it's what agents wear on the creation screen, but I think for role-play purposes we're overdue for at least a second variety of player usable Republic Officer armor types.

Thank you for reading.

I totally agree with you. However, I think this suggestion has been made at least two dozen times, and Bioware has yet always ignored it. :(

The closest thing we had until now was the "Civillian Pilot Uniform", and it was the only similar armor I could get (since I'm no CE owner). And thanks to dyes I can make it look more like an actual officers uniform. However, I could do without the gun as well. :)

I totally agree with you. However, I think this suggestion has been made at least two dozen times, and Bioware has yet always ignored it. :(

The closest thing we had until now was the "Civillian Pilot Uniform", and it was the only similar armor I could get (since I'm no CE owner). And thanks to dyes I can make it look more like an actual officers uniform. However, I could do without the gun as well. :)

It seems to be something that is asked for fairly regularly. I don't understand why they haven't added it already. The Civilian Pilot Uniform is a cool choice to look like an Officer and it's actually what I'm using now on my lower level Smuggler. I am a Collector's Edition owner, but I think the CE version is a bit too flashy for a low level toon. I'll probably switch to that one at 50+, but I'm hoping that BioWare will add another set without that friggin gun and hopefully it won't be blue.

Dyes work to an extent, but I find that dyes turn the gloves and other pieces to shades they're not normally in a standard set. Dying each piece individually can be a hassle as well as a money sink. I'd like to see a proper Republic Officer Uniform in green, brown, or gray, without the gun.

That gun has bothered me since I rolled a Trooper. All I could think of when talking to Garza was "I'd really hate to be her if that thing goes off in the holster".

• 4 weeks later...
Since there is no Republic Officer uniform available, I wind up wearing the Imperial Officer uniform on my Republic characters, because I want my character in a more formal uniform, not battle armor. It breaks the role playing aspect a bit, except in cases when my character is sneaking in behind enemy lines or something. It really would be nice to have a Republic Officer uniform that I can purchase. I would actually buy cartel coins to get it. And it sounds like others would too.

Since there is no Republic Officer uniform available, I wind up wearing the Imperial Officer uniform on my Republic characters, because I want my character in a more formal uniform, not battle armor. It breaks the role playing aspect a bit, except in cases when my character is sneaking in behind enemy lines or something. It really would be nice to have a Republic Officer uniform that I can purchase. I would actually buy cartel coins to get it. And it sounds like others would too.

I do support the idea.

As for the quoted, would the Formal Wear (I believe found on Coruscant) be a viable option? (I know the head gear is alittle wonky).