What companion do you use

_Wicce_

He's pretty beefy so far and holds aggro pretty well (I'm pyro merc and he can last through the slightly slower dot/burn style damage we put out). He's also pretty easy to heal and can wear your hand me downs. Right now I have a set that I trade between him and Blizz.

As for affection, yeah he likes it when you go dark side and he respects you when you stand up to him.

I know you get Blizz around level 40, but when do you get Skadge and Torian?

I am close to 50 and curious what the 50 world PVPers are using for their companion...? I have 31 Arsenal with a sprinkle of Bodyguard, but thinking of moving those BG points over the Pyro when I hit 50... not sure yet.

Mako is awesome for leveling, but in world PVP, she doesn't seem to do nearly as well as my opponents DPS companions. I should probably bind her big heal to a better hotkey *epiphany* :o

It seems like Gault or Torian would be a good choice for added DPS in world PVP... When I hit 50, I plan on gearing one of them out from the Auction/Market.

Opinions?

Edited by -Kraxis-

I am close to 50 and curious what the 50 world PVPers are using for their companion...? I have 31 Arsenal with a sprinkle of Bodyguard, but thinking of moving those BG points over the Pyro when I hit 50... not sure yet.

Mako is awesome for leveling, but in world PVP, she doesn't seem to do nearly as well as my opponents DPS companions. I should probably bind her big heal to a hotkey *epiphany* :o

It seems like Gault or Torian would be a good choice for added DPS in world PVP... When I hit 50, I plan on gearing one of them out from the Auction/Market.

Opinions?

As an arsenal merc, I see no love for Skadge. I was thinking the best partner to ranged dps would be a melee tank to pull aggro while you fire from a distance

As an arsenal merc, I see no love for Skadge. I was thinking the best partner to ranged dps would be a melee tank to pull aggro while you fire from a distance

^^ I would agree with that for PvE, except I am more curious about world-pvp (on a PVP server)... where your companion's aggro capabilities don't mean as much... my goal is to DPS down my opponent as quickly as possible, or at least that's what I am shooting for (pun intended!).

It doesn't seem like Mako is as viable in world-pvp as other companions could be... but that opinion could change when I start using that heal key binding, but I suspect it won't help that much... not as much as a DPS companion.

Edited by -Kraxis-

At what level does Mako get CC abilities. I have noticed them yet and I am 21 merc BH. I guess I should pay more attention when I level and see if she gets any new abilities. Also do I have to wait till 32 to get next companion even though I do like Mako. Edited by Kodosong

At what level does Mako get CC abilities. I have noticed them yet and I am 21 merc BH. I guess I should pay more attention when I level and see if she gets any new abilities. Also do I have to wait till 32 to get next companion even though I do like Mako.

Uhm, I think it was in the early 30's, if I recall.. it's a moderate stun; she shoots out an electricity/lightning type beam... and she uses it a lot, you should notice it when she gets it!

Edited by -Kraxis-

Torian since I got him. I am arsenal specced. He has great mobility, i gear him with my old stuff, and his oil slick and fire stun thingy are soooo good for open world PVP.

If there is a reeeeeeaaalllly tough fight, i may pull out blizz as a sacrifice to get the mob to 50%ish before he dies.

Torian and I just absolutely destroy the Ilum and Belsavis dailies. He can kill a strong mob nearly as fast as I can, and now that he's got lvl 50 gear, he can also take some hits.

I love using my DPS companions for PvE, they just can't be beat for speed and ease of killing. I suppose I got used to this playstyle because I played a trooper in beta, where you have a ranged DPS as your only companion for a while. I just got so frustrated with the slow pace with mako.

as a 45 bodyguard merc, Blizz is my lil buddy. Tanks like a champ and is a funny dude to have around. Mako when I'm arsenal spec'd. I see good comments on Gault and his dmg output. May try him out a lil bit if i come across gear upgrades for him. hard to beat a jawa with a rocket launcher though

I find myself wanting to ditch Mako as my main companion but it seems i have been very reliant on her heals. What's you companion of choice ?

Same here.

I was so excited to unlock Gault but only after a few mins of fighting silver mobs I can't wait to get back to my ship to complete his quest so I can summon Mako back! I need those heals on me. :( It looks like I won't be using any of the other companions either unless they can heal and dps... :(

PS - I'm a Powertech.

Edited by xioix

I use Blizz. I was annoyed at Skadge's inability to hold agro or even get attention in PvE groups. Blizz has several single target taunts, as well as AoE damage and taunts. The only issue is if you want to incap a target from a fight. I find it's best to knock the target back and Instant+Concussion them out of play. Otherwise they could get tagged by blizz's aoe.

For leveling, you simply dont want the same type as you.

Type----Conservative Choice --- Aggressive choice

DPS ---Mako --- Blizz (If you are Ranged DPS)/ Skadge (If you are Melee DPS)

Tank --- Mako --- Galt/Torian

Healer --- Blizz/Skadge --- Galt/Torian

BS. I'm arsenal and far and away my best results were with a DPS companion. Gault, then Torian.

my only complaint is that I can't get a moddable weapon for torian, and it makes me very sad.