Best GSF Server, and why?

Dormancy

Hundred percent in agreement with Highjinks' post. Ebon Hawk is a GREAT place for GSF.

I just wish, as we are an RP server, we could integrate more of our performance in GSF into our RP without it looking like we're just a bunch of RP blowhards, but, ehh...

Well it was always my dream that <Eclipse Squadron> would blend GSF and RP ... we've done a little, but not as much as I would've liked (not all of our members are RPers). But a few of us are, so if you've got an interested Imperial pilot RPer, head to the website in my sig!

My server:

Pot5

My faction:

Both

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?:

There are a couple, I'll let the GMs of those guilds speak for themselves.

Queue times, AM/PM:

AM queues are rare. PM queues are slowing down these days. Pub side gets more queues, more pub vs pub matches.

Queue quality:

It is all over the place. You may get a faction on faction sortie or a sim in both cases it's not rare that at least a an entire wing is made up of new pilots. During the weekends it's not rare to see entire squadrons of new pilots.

Friendliness:

both sides have /pilot, bar a couple of douchebags that seem to be jurks and like to whine or roar everyone is helpful when they ask questions. There will on ocassion be someone that will yell at people in /ops if they are flying around anywhere but in a fight or flying off and forgetting the sat nodes.

Skill:

Like all pvp in this game, time spent and "gear" factor into skill. The stock ships get shot down left and right. Some of the more experienced pilots looking for challenge are flying stock ships as of late.

Premades:

We see wings of guildies flying in the evenings for a couple of hours.

Comments and conclusion:

Pot5 can be tough to break into, the amount of mastered ships is high and there still is a very large gap between the subs and non subs in ships and experience.

Which server is best for GSF, and why? Which faction, and why? Is your server the best because pilots are friendly, or skilled, or only run in premades, or all of the above?

Let's rank servers based on different criteria, for those who LOVE GSF and might consider switching servers just for it. I'll start:

My server:

Begeren Colony

My faction:

Mainly Imperial, occasionally Republic

Any GSF-focused guilds? Level of activity? With website?:

Doesn't seem like it.

Queue times, AM/PM:

AM queues are rare. PM queues are slowing down these days. Pub side gets more queues, more pub vs pub matches.

Queue quality:

I almost never get a match without 2-3 people on each team with only the starter ships (ie. newbie GSF pilots).

Friendliness:

Generally friendly if you get some ops chat going, which is difficult in GSF.

Skill:

There are maybe 15-20 aces total, but only a few are on together at any given time. (Think Drake's equation.)

Premades:

Almost non-existent.

Comments and conclusion:

Begeren Colony would be great for new pilots who want to experience GSF among other new pilots.

100% Agreed. Even just the friendly community alone on Pub side keeps drawing me back into playing. Besides blowing up people in spaceships. And it's much less hostile than ground pvp. Wayyyyyy too much drama there.

100% Agreed. Even just the friendly community alone on Pub side keeps drawing me back into playing. Besides blowing up people in spaceships. And it's much less hostile than ground pvp. Wayyyyyy too much drama there.

NO U!

Maybe I should play Pub side more often. The skill, ship count, friendliness, and population seem to (sometimes lightly, sometimes not so lightly) favor Pubs across servers, based on replies here.

NO U!

Maybe I should play Pub side more often. The skill, ship count, friendliness, and population seem to (sometimes lightly, sometimes not so lightly) favor Pubs across servers, based on replies here.

ship count is a trap.

saw a guy today 2 ships, scout and GS suspicious hmmmmmm.

Guy shot me down with his GS plenty too.

Not sure why nobody has said anything about Harbinger so here goes.....

In general GSF is in really good shape, very short que's, full groups in prime time. Reasonable balance depending on time of day based on PST. I have on purpose played both factions at different times and found the balance changes a lot. Seems like morning till about 4pm it is balanced and games can go either way. From 4 to 9 or so it is Pub big time. Then it goes IMP till around 1 and que's do go up to 10 min or more.

I would say that it is a friendly group all around. There have been rants about cheating that comes out of the PUB dominance when they are grouping which does not happen much. I would say that there are around 30 really great players on both factions that can fly and shoot much better than the rest. There does seem to be an abundance of gunships and bombers. Just had a match with one strike on each side with the rest gunships and bombers, was kind of fun to watch, no fun to fly around, things kept blowing up.