vanguard vs vanguard help appreciated

Vynstian

Hi guys, while i do consider my self a good pvper, i feel the need to pretty much excel at my class in pvp, especially against my own class. I ask this because honestly i don't really see many vg's/pt's in my warzones and arenas, and well would like the best advice to tackle my own class and destroy them. i am assault specced, and am wondering just whats the best way to beat another vanguard in 1v1 (when the situation requires it such as defending a node and bla bla) preferable help over tactics/assault, thanks in advance

I haven't played my vanguard in a while, but some general tips for going against a tactics/AP player would be:

Try to stay far enough out of range when you see that he's got 3 stacks of the prototype flamethrower or w/e the vanguard version is so that if he uses flamethrower/pulse cannon, you can get out of it before you get caught in the snare.

Don't stun him if possible, they receive -30% less damage when they're controlled. Or, don't blow your burst on him when he's stunned, at least. You can stun him, but I'd do it for tactical purposes, and just use low damage attacks/fillers while he is stunned.

That's all I can really think of, I hope it helps.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Vs tactics:

don't get hit by his cleave

hit him with a 4s stun when he pops 25% crit cd, then pop your shield after the stun

pop your 25% crit cd, put nades on him and stun him so he can't pop his shield

don't stun him with your nades on him

Edit: Just realized I contradicted myself lol. It was late.

assault generally wins assuming equal skill

Vs assault:

hit first<<main thing

hit him with a 4s stun when he pops 25% crit cd, then pop your shield after the stun

hit assault def cd for def rating when he stacks nades up on you (forget the name)

hope you get more procs.

Same spec duels are pretty much just a rng contest though.

Edited by Puissant

Hi guys, while i do consider my self a good pvper, i feel the need to pretty much excel at my class in pvp, especially against my own class. I ask this because honestly i don't really see many vg's/pt's in my warzones and arenas, and well would like the best advice to tackle my own class and destroy them. i am assault specced, and am wondering just whats the best way to beat another vanguard in 1v1 (when the situation requires it such as defending a node and bla bla) preferable help over tactics/assault, thanks in advance

Against tactics you primarily need to stay out of prototype flame thrower (I forgot the VG name). So use hold-the-line or one of your 2 CCs when tactics hit you with it. Assault is stronger 1v1. If you are defending the node do not try to fight but to kite. Again, hold-the-line is your best gap builder. Against assault, what works for/against you works for/against them. Just remember they take 15% less damage from dots.

Edited by Ottoattack

it`s simple for pyro`s to beat Adv prototype speced dot him up and watch him melt dodging his flamethower is super easy since u try to keep ur 10m range , only rocket punch him when he comes into you(with hydralics or stuns u to get on top)i kite the sht out of them and take max 1 tick from his flamethrower by staying on the edges , only use hydralics and CC to deny him a full flamethrower attempt if u get into a poor position