How to stop Dismount Lag

Virus_Bot

yes..

How?

:p

is everyone here running with that annoying as f** lag spike?

to the ones that don't have it, what is your setup like

I just upgraded to an i5-3570k from an old Phenom X3 a couple days ago and.. DAMN the frame-rate shoot up to the sky. but.. i was still getting the dismount lag among other small ones (when you transition to populated areas and stuffs)

So i thought.. ah.. must be my overheating-only 1 fan working - oldie but goodie GTX 560 ti !

"maaang.. when i change that thing... not gonna get lag anywhere.. /sunglasses" or so i thought.

Gigabyte gtx 760 (oc edition) came in the mail yesterday.. i go pick it up today - install - drivers - check temps - check fans - blah blah blah

GUESS WHAT?!

I STILL HAVE THAT F**** DISMOUNT LAG!! :mad:

how ... to... stop... plz.

yes..

How?

:p

is everyone here running with that annoying as f** lag spike?

to the ones that don't have it, what is your setup like

I just upgraded to an i5-3570k from an old Phenom X3 a couple days ago and.. DAMN the frame-rate shoot up to the sky. but.. i was still getting the dismount lag among other small ones (when you transition to populated areas and stuffs)

So i thought.. ah.. must be my overheating-only 1 fan working - oldie but goodie GTX 560 ti !

"maaang.. when i change that thing... not gonna get lag anywhere.. /sunglasses" or so i thought.

Gigabyte gtx 760 (oc edition) came in the mail yesterday.. i go pick it up today - install - drivers - check temps - check fans - blah blah blah

GUESS WHAT?!

I STILL HAVE THAT F**** DISMOUNT LAG!! :mad:

how ... to... stop... plz.

Have you tried resetting your router?

On a serious note... that lag has nothing to do with your graphics card.

Network lag then? Because I never get network lag when dismounting. I only get a framerate drop (read FPS = 0) for about 1/2 a second.

I just stopped complaining long ago because my computer is officially a toaster.

I get this and it seems to be related to companions being summoned. I would guess that it is caused by HDD seek times.. if you are running on an SSD then I don't think you can do anything about it. If you are using a HDD then if you have enough RAM you can try to use something like SWTOR Unleashed.

The area transition lag isn't related to companions but probably caused by the same thing.

Edited by MarsherMeow