The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels: Teaser Trailers

Beniboybling

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of that animation type myself, and Personally, I think the trailers have shown it's not going to be anywhere near as Dark as TCW...

If this was TCW, that Stormtrooper would have been shot, not electro-netted.

Yeah the animation really doesn't compare to TCW, I just hope the action sequences will be more up to scratch.

Actually I thought he was kinda a douche for shooting that poor stormtrooper who had just crashed his TIE Fighter and probably ended his career, I mean come on give the guy a break.

Yeah the animation really doesn't compare to TCW, I just hope the action sequences will be more up to scratch.

Actually I thought he was kinda a douche for shooting that poor stormtrooper who had just crashed his TIE Fighter and probably ended his career, I mean come on give the guy a break.

He Electro-Netted him, watch closer :p

But yeh, if it was TCW He'd be shot. I mean come on, that guy could have been one of the clones who shot his Jedi Brethren and killed them.

But yeh, if it was TCW He'd be shot. I mean come on, that guy could have been one of the clones who shot his Jedi Brethren and killed them.

We didn't really see anything. :p For all we know that could have been some kinda explosive thing.

But I wouldn't judge too quickly, it could still be dark over time. Remember they said, it would get darker after episode 4 or so?

Whatever, he ruined that guys day. :p

I mean who does this chump think he is anyway? I don't like him already...

"That was fun." Yeah I bet you shot it down in the first place dintaya!

Not a fan of that animation type myself, and Personally, I think the trailers have shown it's not going to be anywhere near as Dark as TCW...

If this was TCW, that Stormtrooper would have been shot, not electro-netted.

Something to consider is the TCW series was rated TV14 and was aired on Cartoon Network (a network that airs cartoons intended for a more mature audience; the primary demographic was 14-25). OTOH Rebels will probably be rated TVPG and is going to be aired on Disney XD (a network that caters to audiences ages 8-14). So the overall violence of Rebels is going to be toned down. Accept it and get used to it.

Something to consider is the TCW series was rated TV14 and was aired on Cartoon Network (a network that airs cartoons intended for a more mature audience; the primary demographic was 14-25). OTOH Rebels will probably be rated TVPG and is going to be aired on Disney XD (a network that caters to audiences ages 8-14). So the overall violence of Rebels is going to be toned down. Accept it and get used to it.

That was the entire point of the post...

Not sure what the point of yours was, we already know that. That's what's annoying.

/Points to his previous post. Ahem...

Remember folks how TCW started out abit like this? Just give it time, we shall see. Yes I'm remaining optomistic but someone around here has to! :D

I agree, hence my reaction. I am remaining neutral at this point.

That said I doubt the animations will improve in terms of quality, so we'll probably have to get used to that.

I can't really notice a big difference tbh...
I'm not surprised considering how brief the scenes are. But its notably less refined and the colours more blocky.

Which is a little off-putting given that its meant to give off a "used" feel.

Edited by Beniboybling

I find it funny people are already complaining about this series not being "dark" when no one has even seen a single episode yet. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt this Rebels is going to skew a bit younger than the Clone Wars, but this show has a lot of very talented people behind it, including most of the talent behind the Clone Wars cartoon.

The producers have already stated that in this show anyone can die, which seems to imply there are plans to show the ruthlessness of the Empire.

I loved the Clone Wars from the very first episode all the way to the last; and while I wish we had gotten another season or two of the Clone Wars, I'm quite ready see what this show has to offer. :)

I find it funny people are already complaining about this series not being "dark" when no one has even seen a single episode yet. :rolleyes:

I have no doubt this Rebels is going to skew a bit younger than the Clone Wars, but this show has a lot of very talented people behind it, including most of the talent behind the Clone Wars cartoon.

The producers have already stated that in this show anyone can die, which seems to imply there are plans to show the ruthlessness of the Empire.

I loved the Clone Wars from the very first episode all the way to the last; and while I wish we had gotten another season or two of the Clone Wars, I'm quite ready see what this show has to offer. :)

A plus if it shows Stormtroopers actually being bad*** :p instead of just the comics/novels doing that we can animation too!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

A plus if it shows Stormtroopers actually being bad*** :p instead of just the comics/novels doing that we can animation too!

Yeah. Like I stated in my previous post, I'm cautiously optimistic about this show.

It does have Greg Weisman involved, and he's very good at what he does.

The potential for this show is very great.

I'd be stunned if Vader doesn't have an appearance each season. I'm sure he won't appear in the first season, but perhaps the second.

Asoka Tano is still alive.

Boba Fett is an adult in his prime during this time period. Cad Bane is still out there as well.

So a Boba/Bane episode hunting Rebels is possible.

Asoka appearing as a seasoned adult could be fun, and it could lead to a confrontation between her and Darth Vader.

/Stormtroopers!!

Edited by CaulderBenson

Lets be honest with ourselves here, it was a pretty sappy trailer. But I'll wait for a proper trailer and/or the pilot episode before I judge. That said I still have reservations concerning the lower quality in CGI, but TCW was quite unique.