Like to see a GSF Pilot Class with it's own skill tree?

bigbobsr

Man, you are competing with "dollars for fleet req" guy for worst forum idea award.

No, this idea is terrible.

Adding a skill tree to YOUR character, that relates to GSF, could be ok. Not great, because it would sort of lock you into running scouts or strikes or gunships or bombers, and would mostly be like "reduce the stable of ships to 2-3" in terms of crapping on fun.

But your idea? Is awful. If there was a GSF class, like a Starpilot Class, guess who we'd all have to reroll to? I sure can't wait to do throw away my two characters with all ships unlocked, including all cartel ships, and throw away all my mastered ships, to reroll to some new mandatory thing without which I'll be forever behind.

Would likely be a gamequit tbh.

Man, you are competing with "dollars for fleet req" guy for worst forum idea award.

Isn't there already a ship-req-for-Fleet-Req button and ALSO a Dollars for cartel coin button. So a dollar-for-fleet-req button is only logical for players:

1. You can change Dollars to Cartel Coins

2. You can change ship req to fleet with Cartel Coins

3. Ship req is accrued at 10x the rate (more if you include daily/weekly)

4. The process of transferring currency from one form to another in a non-reversable way confuses your mind's ideas about the worth of the currency, often causing you to over-"transfer". (Hint, the word 'transfer' really means 'buy now')

5. A system that doesn't use psychological tricks to rip you off would be beneficial to players, and a system that is more overtly "pay to win" would be easier for new pilots to identify.

So really, a dollars-to-fleet button would make the whole pay-to-win conversion method much easier to understand and result in a better play experience for players.

Please enjoy this image of me wearing a troll mask.

:rak_04:

Anyway, on topic- it's obviously a terrible idea because:

-Creating a class is super hard and requires resources that they shouldn't spend. They could instead extend existing class lines or something, if they were going to do that.

-Creating a class that could only GSF is terrible.

-Creating a class that has an advantage in GSF is iffy- making it so that ONLY THEY have a dps is absolutely devastating.

So, it's awful for those reasons.

But then there's:

-Having ANY kind of talent tree tied to your character (not your ship) will destroy the ability to play multiple ships correctly.

-Having ANY kind of progression system will increase the delta between new and old players.

The only upside to a starfighter plotline that you could advance- or advance in different ways- could be tied to other things, such as a "borrowable" ship for new guys or something, and that it would be immersive and cool. You COULD have "talents" like "your primary weapon slot costs 10% less to upgrade on strike fighters" or "your engine components cost 25% less to upgrade on scouts", that would be something. And it could be based on your actions or choices during your plotline...

But this involves a lot of dev time too.