Players not using Hyperspace Beacons

Vid-szhite

Whenever I place down a hyperspace beacon and let people know about it, it always seems that everyone still chooses to respawn at the default location, because they just want to click "ready" to get back in the action. Even if I remind my team three times to use my hyperspace beacon, I never see anyone use it before it disappears or someone kills me. Even on the other side of this, I sometimes forget to set my spawn point when someone else sets a beacon because I want to get back in the fight ASAP.

What I think should be done about this is to set the most recently deployed hyperspace beacon as the default respawn point until it is destroyed. That'd make it much easier for the team with the beacon to start getting usage out of it.

I wish that repair points and hyperspace beacon uses would add some (just a little nothing crazy) Ship Requisition to the bomber's score. Just like Sensor Beacons should for kills made within its radius.

There are several things that you should want to take to help your team win, but that do not reward you for their use. So a lot of players will choose Targeting Telemetry over... (well anything except EMP) because TT will help them score kills... which scores requisition.

I think there should deffo be something like "buff / debuff assist"

Someone spawns at your hyperspace beacon and gets to kill someone in, say, a minute? Buff assist!

Your repair drone fixes someone up and they kill someone, in, say, a minute? Buff assist!

You activate Wingman ability and someone gets a kill with its benefits? Buff assist!

You activate Targetting Telemetry and teammate kills a debuffed enemy? Debuff assist!

Enemy gets killed in range of your debuffing sensor beacon? Debuff assist!

I think they should have, like, half the req reward of damage assists. If you'd get a damage assist, you'd be disqualified for buff / debuff assist for the same kill.

On topic, I am guilty of ignoring hyperspace beacons. When I die, I just ready and go shoot again, don't really bother checking the map or something. But when I fly, I often see the beacon and am like, ha, hyperspace beacon, I will spawn here when I die! Nah, I always forget...

Do you know when I learned about beacons? When I came to the forums.

Loads of people don't know about them, because they aren't told. GSF newbs are just fodder for the leets and that's how EAware like it

Do people not read anymore? It tells you right there at the menu what it does...

Just had one placed right next to an asteroid so when you came out of it you hit the rock. Be careful where you place them, reflexes only go so far.

Yeah I had this happen to be too. If you are placing the HB, realize that it will spawn people at the same facing as you are when you drop it.

Yeah I had this happen to be too. If you are placing the HB, realize that it will spawn people at the same facing as you are when you drop it.

quite surprised some of them noobs didnt realise that, its quite commonsence without anyone telling you lol

i have seen what u mean OP, at start of a match i hop on my hyperspace beacon bomber place it in a nice spot then try to stay alive to give us that edge at beginning but i see so many dont use it, last night on Point A where the biggest fight was to decide the result i actually saw a couple of people Pick C point furthest away and fly all way to A lol