Bomber/Gunship Counters

-Streven-

Had a few matches last night where opposing team consisting of competent pilots had mostly gunships and bombers. My team had predominantly scouts and strikes with 1 or 2 bombers and gunships. We had several experienced pilots and could not crack the enemies defensive shield. It was frustrating to say the least. Just want to know if anyone has come up with anything that works against this besides having just as many bombers and gunships. I'm not one to call in the nerf bat. At this point I'm thinking emp weapons are underpowered. Maybe a range buff would help for emp weapons.

Against single gunships, a fast scout. Against single bomber, anything will suffice if you get enough uptime.

But combination is real toughie. I found I had low chances in my fighter. EMPs are very situational for a very tight spreads of enemies, which usually doesn't happen. My solution is just a precise, careful and agile scout piloting. Shoot mines and drones first, they are destroyed quickly, and try to shoot down a gunship in the same pass. Repeat. You have to know exactly how the situation looks. One unexpected mine and you go bewm. Games with abundance of gunships and bombers are best to be shrugged off and hoping another one will have more actual fighters.

Sun Tzu has some things to say about matches with several bombers/gunships, and GSF in general:

Deathmatch:

When the position is such that neither side will gain by making the first move, even though the enemy should offer us an attractive bait, it will be advisable not to stir forth, but rather to retreat, thus enticing the enemy in his turn; then, when part of his army has come out, we may deliver our attack with advantage.

Domination:

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

Both:

Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained. If it is to your advantage, make a forward move; if not, stay where you are.

Edited by Dormancy

Sun Tzu has some things to say about matches with several bombers/gunships, and GSF in general:

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

I would not send my own beloved sons to face certain death at the hands of a screen of railguns, drones, and/or mines.