The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KOTOR II Question:

Sanguiluna

Is the cut content canon? I have the game but am hesitant to download the restoration mod because I've just heard so many stories about it breaking their game. Obviously this is an undesirable effect, but at the same time I don't want to play through the game knowing there's canonical lore missing from it. Can anyone confirm the canon level of the cut content?

Is the cut content canon? I have the game but am hesitant to download the restoration mod because I've just heard so many stories about it breaking their game. Obviously this is an undesirable effect, but at the same time I don't want to play through the game knowing there's canonical lore missing from it. Can anyone confirm the canon level of the cut content?

Cut content is considered non canon to the best of my knowledge. However, with the appearance of HK 51 in TOR, who was himself a cut KOTOR 2 Character, it's up in the air I suppose.

I have just played KOTOR 2 with modded content, and had no issues whatsoever on an old as world XP machine. KOTOR 2 w/o restored mod is not worth playing if you like dialogue... my 2c. KOTOR2 in its entirety is not canon anyway (unless Revan is hermaphridoite)

I have just played KOTOR 2 with modded content, and had no issues whatsoever on an old as world XP machine. KOTOR 2 w/o restored mod is not worth playing if you like dialogue... my 2c. KOTOR2 in its entirety is not canon anyway (unless Revan is hermaphridoite)

What? KOTOR2 is canon, but they've retroactively established that Revan was a male (player in KOTOR), and the Exile was female (player in KOTOR2). Given that they both make an appearance in TOR, I think it is safe to say that they are canon from the point of view of TOR.

- Arcada

Revan is a female in both KOTOR 1 and 2 in the games, but male in canon-verse. I like how KOTOR2 goes about it. If it is reversed in SWTOR, I am fine with it as well, since Revan really a god-like figure beyond anything mortal in the last game. Million points for that scene, actually, one of the best in the games. Loved it.

EDIT: Still wouldn't play w/o restored content because the emotional charge it adds is what made the game for me, despite its somewhat raw state/formulaic set-up. It just had that 'by the blood of my heart' feel to it.

Edited by DomiSotto

Yes, you are right, of course. But when I told Atton (like a good canon-abiding girl) that Revan was a male, he shrugged it off, and so did Carth. That's when I went with the Revan is it, the hottest thing in skirts. Edited by DomiSotto

Didn't happen to me. Everyone stuck to their guns about Ms. Revan. As to its trajectory between the Light and Dark, I am still flabbergasted, but again, it is above such petty things and looketh at the Big Pic (the next installment). Honestly, I can't say I was particular fond of PC being reintegrated and regurgitated, but at least the third time round I am lucky to keep my memories intact.

EDIT: And start the game fully dressed, WOW! (Unless playing a Bounty Hunter in her PJ's).

Edited by DomiSotto