The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Class Repersentative

Ottoattack

If you have not heard:

Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I was worried that Feral Pug was has left the game, but I saw he posted in the forums couple of days ago. Appreciated if you make an appearance on PT forums :D

Then we can get into class issues, and lets hope we do not get a "perception problem" type of response.

Edited by Ottoattack

I'd nominate FeralPug or KoozieJr.

Koozie actually taught me a ton about PR gameplay with his threads and videos.

FeralPug is pretty involved in the community and helped out last time.

The hardest challenge our rep is going to have, is what to actually ask for? All of our specs are in a really good place right now, maybe after a few quality of life fixes for tank. But AP and Pyro? Just try to keep us from getting nerfed by biofail.

Kudos to whomever does the job, personally I have nothing polite or constructive to say to Bioware anymore.

I'd nominate FeralPug or KoozieJr.

Koozie actually taught me a ton about PR gameplay with his threads and videos.

FeralPug is pretty involved in the community and helped out last time.

The hardest challenge our rep is going to have, is what to actually ask for? All of our specs are in a really good place right now, maybe after a few quality of life fixes for tank. But AP and Pyro? Just try to keep us from getting nerfed by biofail.

Kudos to whomever does the job, personally I have nothing polite or constructive to say to Bioware anymore.

Im thinking

Question 1:

something to do with Tanks and QoL. Bring up how much more powerful the other 2 tanks defensive cooldowns are compared to us (use examples such as Draxus's use of what appears to be Cull, as well as the other tanks force/tech resistant DCDs), and ask if there are any plans to improve upon our DCDs

Question 2:

Aim mainly at the AP spec. Bring up issues with the Flame Barrage proc of Flame Burst, and the 9 second cooldown on Rocket Punch that means you can't ever use it properly in the 15 second rotation of AP. Also bring up how the nerfs from 2.4 to RBs bleed aren't really that necessary anymore as it was put in with the purpose of nerfing the hybrid, and now the hybrid is gone...

And try get Immolate back to 8 energy. Would make energy management almost perfect

Question 3:

This ones the tricky one - Aimed at Pyro spec.

Things that should be looked at:

PPA Procs necessity to proc for heat management

Alacrity from Rapid Venting being completely pointless (and sometimes detrimental)

The optimal DPS rotation requiring 100% proc rate AND use of both heat management skills without excessive flame burst still being quite terrible... (its about 3700dps in a perfect situation with an unnaturally high crit rate. The new juggs hit 3800 with no problems.)

However, things that should be remembered:

Pyro Mercs and their obscene DPS

Edited by TACeMossie

What's the point of this?

I've been a Merc since launch and then a Powertech.... I've seen the whole gambit on this forum... we already had reps and half of them sounded so frustrated it was a joke.

Have they (devs) said anything that indicates this go around will actually be any different?

Im thinking

Question 2:

Aim mainly at the AP spec. Bring up issues with the Flame Barrage proc of Flame Burst, and the 9 second cooldown on Rocket Punch that means you can't ever use it properly in the 15 second rotation of AP. Also bring up how the nerfs from 2.4 to RBs bleed aren't really that necessary anymore as it was put in with the purpose of nerfing the hybrid, and now the hybrid is gone...

And try get Immolate back to 8 energy. Would make energy management almost perfect

I agree RB should be rebuffed to pre 2.4, their clever use of "slightly reduced" damage was only in the minor kinetic portion while a hidden 1000 damage loss from the bleed could hardly be considered *slight.* I would rather Immolate stay where it is, the 2 energy difference is of no concern. Lastly how about a 15% critical chance on Flame Burst for 2 set PVE instead of 15s off Explosive Fuel? Or just more sets to choose from all together

Hey Guys,

I'm your class rep [nominated a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away]. Most folks in game know me as Jerc.

I'm still here, still playing, and still reading the forums (but rarely posting). I'm going to make a new post in our class forums requesting questions. We can have a nice little discussion, and based on that discussion I'll draft 3 questions for the PT community's review. We'll generate a final draft together, and see what kind of answers we get.

Feel free to PM me, or contact me through Enjin: http://tehhex.com/profile/2727532 .

Once I've been contacted by a BW rep, I wouldn't be opposed to having a meet'n'greet/discussion in TeamSpeak.

Yours,

Edited by FeralPug

We need to wait a bit and see if they plan to buff us in 2.7... or if what they announced is all they will do.(as there is nothing for merc/pt in there)

We also need them to understand that our DPS for Pyro is too low... sure there are some good parses but on average we do a lot less as the RNG is RNG. We need either a much higher average dps that can be obtained by increasing our skill damage(hopefully only OUR skill damage and not merc skill damage or we`ll create the new OP class) or to just make railshot reset every 6 seconds while in the appropriate cylinder(again without increasing Merc pyro DPS in the process)

Hopefully that won`t make us the new Operatives, buffed in one patch and destroyed in the next(exaggeration) but we really need the DPS and i would love it if they could add it to our Direct Damage attacks and not to our dots as it would make it noticeable in Solo PvE where we don`t do so well compared to other classes.

Looking forward to see how the question will sound:p

EDIT: Also did you notice that Mercs get a 21% increase for Power Shot as Pyro while PT`s get NOTHING for Flame Burst?(they get some damage bonuses but they can`t be taken as a PT Pyro or it would result in a dps decrease...)

I feel they should add Flame Burst to Rain of Fire AND Power Bracer... that would be a 15% damage increase, not enough to solve our DPS problem but it would be a good start.

Edited by Alexhpy

EDIT: Also did you notice that Mercs get a 21% increase for Power Shot as Pyro while PT`s get NOTHING for Flame Burst?(they get some damage bonuses but they can`t be taken as a PT Pyro or it would result in a dps decrease...)

I feel they should add Flame Burst to Rain of Fire AND Power Bracer... that would be a 15% damage increase, not enough to solve our DPS problem but it would be a good start.

Fire bug already gives us a third more surge damage on practically everything except for flame burst.

http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Firebug

Adding more damage to flame burst would be over the top, because it's a single GCD spammable attack and it procs a few thousand in CGC damage most of the time.

Here are my questions.

1. Pyro: Please don't nerf pyro. Please don't buff pyro either, unless it's for PVE only. This class was fairly addressed in 2.4.

2. AP: Fix retractable blade on AP, because the hybrid specs can no longer access PFT, we can set the bleed or initial damage back.

3. Tanks haven't been looked at since 2.0. They deserve a close look at defense, heat management, and DPS. Nothing big, just some quality of life love for our neglected ion cell brethren.