Dread Forged Willpower main hand hilt on marauder..

klichukb

Hello.

Perhaps i'm not that much aware of how things are going in inside (the chemistry of stats that isn't obvious), see:

I transferred a 78 willpower hilt from a sage to a marauder in order to try a main hand trick ;)

Reason - Weapon Damage on 78 hilt is still very high, much higher than 72 hilt.

When swapping strength to willpower, I only lose 88 strength, but gain about +100 damage to range of primary weapon damage.

So i would expect that i should really get a dps boost. Every ability gets a higher range of damage.

But honestly, my parses show that in average i get absolutely the same dps. It is confusing because it didn't go down or up, it's just the same.

Why isn't this trick working? 1652 - 1921 damage range on primary weapon comparing to 1581 - 1832.

Only a bit lower crit (-88 strength).

Still expected at least +100 dps boost.

Transitioning from a 72 strength hilt to a 78 willpower hilt you

- increase your Force power significantly, which increases all Force damage

- increase your mainhand rating, which increases all melee damage

- gain crit from increased Willpower offstat on Force attacks

- lose strength

Overall I'm not surprised that your parses were inconclusive. There are merits to each. My gut says if you parsed more rigorously, though, you'd see the 72 str hilt come out on top. Try doing 20+ minute parses for each hilt and obviously use the exact same rotation during that time.

Indeed depending on what skilltree you are using. If you do 1 smash attack the damage will be 100% the same if you use willpower on your marauder. Other attacks like ravage will not benefit of willpower so you will lose a bit over there. But than again, the higher rating on your hilt might make up for it.

I have about the same with my merc healer. I got a spare offhand 78 from my slinger Macewindy. Since I don't put effort in gearing my imps I just sended it over. The extra techpower on it more than made up for the loss of aim

I tried this as well before I got my main hand on my sentinel. I did get more DPS with the willpower hilt (and it was a Force Wielder hilt at that), but only a very small bit. It certainly wasn't enough to justify swapping the hilt around between characters. Note that I play Carnage spec, so I probably got as much DPS out of the hilt upgrade as any spec could, since Carnage is so predominantly weapon damage.