Q: Lingering Effect and Servo Jammer

PavSalco

1. Does Lingering Effect reapply itself if you hit somebody again after 6 seconds? So far I regarded this ability as not worth my attention because I always thought that it only applies 114 dmg once.

2. Servo Jammer - I don't often see anyone mentioning it. Is there no effective way to make use of this ability? How about Scouts that rely on Rocket Pods? Hindering the enemy's maneuvering seems worth trying or 20% is too little?

1. Does Lingering Effect reapply itself if you hit somebody again after 6 seconds? So far I regarded this ability as not worth my attention because I always thought that it only applies 114 dmg once.

2. Servo Jammer - I don't often see anyone mentioning it. Is there no effective way to make use of this ability? How about Scouts that rely on Rocket Pods? Hindering the enemy's maneuvering seems worth trying or 20% is too little?

1. It's extra damage is so low that most people would be better off with another copilot ability. (I mean seriously, if you managed to land it EVERY 60 seconds you'd improve your DPS by what, almost 2?)

2. Now that we have ships that can repair hulls, I use Hydro spanner a lot less. This is one of those abilities in TDM that can really help eliminate one of the enemy aces which could easily sway a close battle...

I suspect the only intended benefit from Lingering Effect is that it blocks shield regeneration--similar to plasma warheads on Cluster Missiles or Rocket Pods.

As for Servo Jammers ... Engine abilities and boost, not maneuverability, are how ships usually evade getting hit. Even if you are right on a ship's tail ... all it has to do is turn 10 degrees from its current course and then boost, and it will be well outside your firing arc. I think Servo Jammer might be useful if you're in a turning battle ... but honestly turning battles are rarely a good use of anyone's time, given how terrible most weapons are at close range and wide-angle shots (due to tracking penalty to accuracy).

I suspect the only intended benefit from Lingering Effect is that it blocks shield regeneration--similar to plasma warheads on Cluster Missiles or Rocket Pods.

As for Servo Jammers ... Engine abilities and boost, not maneuverability, are how ships usually evade getting hit. Even if you are right on a ship's tail ... all it has to do is turn 10 degrees from its current course and then boost, and it will be well outside your firing arc. I think Servo Jammer might be useful if you're in a turning battle ... but honestly turning battles are rarely a good use of anyone's time, given how terrible most weapons are at close range and wide-angle shots (due to tracking penalty to accuracy).

This. Turning battles though interesting every so often really aren't worth your time unless your just engaging the guy so teammates can clean him up. I think draining engine power is infinitely more useful and still not as attractive as quite a few other crew skills.

Quality answer right here.

It's not that I think Servo jammer can't be effective... I just find a single target only cooldown to be potentially risky. If you use it on one person then they evade you before you can engage you potentially just wasted a cooldown. Where if you use a ship buff like wingman or Bypass you still have options to turn it on something else. Though it can be effective to apply something like that to a ship that is in the middle of a firefight so your allies can benefit from the debuff as well.

i only use this co pilot ability because i rather hear jaesa's voice in space pvp

That's not the best criterion to appoint her the co-pilot role. :D But I must admit that I mainly ask about Jammer because Vette has it and I love her Power and Efficiency in blasters.

Thanks for the feedback guys!