Rocket Pod issues

SlimsPicken

Is anyone else experiencing low damage numbers on thier fully upgraded rocket pods?

Im seeing damage numbers in the 240ish range, and Dot ticks of 11, 12, 13 points only rather than 400ish outright damage, and 20ish ticks like normal..

My pods are fully upgraded with the extra ammo and DoT damage choices for the 4/5 tiers. 100% armor reduction.

This is on a republic scout novadive, running damage capacitor, turning thrusters, lightweight armor, range sensors.

Companion loadout is : Nadia co pilot, Kira, nadia, elara, and C2-N2. Some companion switching was done, but the same results on rocket damage- but this was my standard crew.

Plus light laser cannon, rocket pods, booster recharge, distortion field, barrel roll.

All components fully upgraded ( just trying to be thorough on the loadout in case that helps solve what causes the bug)

So in summary, the issue is reduced damage on rocket pods, in the range of about half normal of what it should be on both the outright hit and the DoT tick from plasma warheads.

This is on every shot, Im not seeing proper damage numbers at all anymore whereas before 2.6 i saw rocket damage in the range of 400 or so on the burst and 20-22 on the ticks.

my overall damage at the end of matches is probably 30% lower than previously with this ship.

I have submitted bug reports in game after confirming that this issue recurred over several days time and many played matches.

Edited by SlimsPicken

Is anyone else experiencing low damage numbers on thier fully upgraded rocket pods?

Im seeing damage numbers in the 240ish range, and Dot ticks of 11, 12, 13 points only rather than 400ish outright damage, and 20ish ticks like normal..

My pods are fully upgraded with the extra ammo and DoT damage choices for the 4/5 tiers. 100% armor reduction.

This is on a republic scout novadive, running damage capacitor, turning thrusters, lightweight armor, range sensors.

Companion loadout is : Nadia co pilot, Kira, nadia, elara, and C2-N2. Some companion switching was done, but the same results on rocket damage- but this was my standard crew.

Plus light laser cannon, rocket pods, booster recharge, distortion field, barrel roll.

All components fully upgraded ( just trying to be thorough on the loadout in case that helps solve what causes the bug)

So in summary, the issue is reduced damage on rocket pods, in the range of about half normal of what it should be on both the outright hit and the DoT tick from plasma warheads.

This is on every shot, Im not seeing proper damage numbers at all anymore whereas before 2.6 i saw rocket damage in the range of 400 or so on the burst and 20-22 on the ticks.

my overall damage at the end of matches is probably 30% lower than previously with this ship.

I have submitted bug reports in game after confirming that this issue recurred over several days time and many played matches.

yeah, they nerfed it a little, it was in the patch notes on the pts at one point something to the effect of : weapons with shield piercing have had their damage reduced. The only thing to be hit seems to be rocket pods, though.

Still better than those silly people using cluster missiles on their outdated stings, though

Edited by Nocher

The tooltip reads 437-437-437 dps vs hull and shields at all ranges, yet in game damage is not accurate.

This is clearly bugged or a pointless nerf to the class that needs its burst damage to get in and out quickly vs gunships/bombers/turrets etc.

Hopefully just bugged, we dont need any more stupid in the world. Stupid is why we cant have nice things.

Part of me wonders if this wasn't deliberate. I used to be able to swoop in and clear three defensive turrets on a satellite in under 30 seconds. Likewise, a lot of gunships died to my dashing behind them and unloading.

Perhaps the hit and run (or run and hit) tactics were too effective?

The tooltip reads 437-437-437 dps vs hull and shields at all ranges, yet in game damage is not accurate.

This is clearly bugged or a pointless nerf to the class that needs its burst damage to get in and out quickly vs gunships/bombers/turrets etc.

Hopefully just bugged, we dont need any more stupid in the world. Stupid is why we cant have nice things.

That stands for "damage per second", and being that it shoots faster than 1 shot a second, that is why the numbers are lower than 437.

I admittedly only 6se rocket pods occasionally, like once a week, but I don't ever recall them hitting for more than about 240 per shot. I've never liked them for amything other than turrets though I've seen one or two aces who get great stats using them.

I admittedly only 6se rocket pods occasionally, like once a week, but I don't ever recall them hitting for more than about 240 per shot. I've never liked them for amything other than turrets though I've seen one or two aces who get great stats using them.

240 sounds about right "per hit". In DM games, if you get a damage overcharge the pods can obliterate ships fast... like really fast.

That stands for "damage per second", and being that it shoots faster than 1 shot a second, that is why the numbers are lower than 437.

Exactly. The damage was lowered, but it wouldn't be that high.

The thing with rocket pods is that they add damage on top of your lasers, which is what makes them dangerous. No lock warnings, and when you have a good shot on a target, you can open up with both "barrels" and do some massive damage.

I do wish they had more ammo, mind you.

Part of me wonders if this wasn't deliberate. I used to be able to swoop in and clear three defensive turrets on a satellite in under 30 seconds. Likewise, a lot of gunships died to my dashing behind them and unloading.

Perhaps the hit and run (or run and hit) tactics were too effective?

I would guess this was right. Prior to the patch scouts could pretty much perform the multirole job of strikers equally well and thus strikers really had no role to fill in a match.

I'd wager they were toning things down so scouts could still be effective without overlapping with strikers so much.

wat

how did I not realize this

time to hoard all the yellows!

I noticed when flying a Novadive... ran out like never and looked down (I seriously shot like 100 at this point) and I had 3, then I grabbed another yellow (it was a good game) and boom! 40 again! Woo Hoo! "Now THIS is pod racing!"

(Sorry for that horrible quote, honestly I am.)