The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help with Vanguard tactics DPS please!

Hanonar

http://www.torparse.com/a/583039 my parse.

Times are from 00:28:12 - 00:35:43 | 00:37:30 - 00:44:04 | 00:47:05 - 00:53:42

2822 aim, 467 accuracy, 1134 power, 88 crit and 302 surge.

Unstimmed.

So does anyone have suggestions on how to fix my DPS? It feels like its way too low.

While tactics does have a low DPS, a few things I noticed:

1. Sometimes, you were using Pulse Cannon without 3 stacks of Pulse Generator. I didn't look at it specifically, however Pulse Cannons only variance should be with crits vs non-crits. Your parses either had a minimum pulse cannon tick of ~1700 or ~2000 while the max tick was always ~4700. So unless you had some 130% surge, you aren't using pulse cannon with 3 stacks

2. Your energy management seemed a little off. For now, try just repeating this 10 cooldown rotation over and over and over again till your dps jumps a little:

Gut -> FP -> SS -> IP -> IP -> Pulse Cannon -> IP -> HS

Occasionally throwing in Battle Focus alongside shoulder cannon

3. I don't know if you have it or not, but get the 4-piece bonus if you dont have it yet. Its definately worth it.

4. Ditch the crit. Even in dread forged, Tactics is a 0-crit spec.

5. Read (and follow) This Guide Paowee put together that I slightly helped in the assault section

Do all that, and you should be able to boost that DPS from the abysmal 2500dps to a much more reasonable 2700-2800dps

Sweet thanks, and yes once or twice i did use it without full stacks, i already knew that was a bad idea when i used it. Thanks for the guide and the rotation tho! its gonna help alot! =D

I am indeed trying to drop the crit and i have a full arkanian set bonuses.

Edited by Hanonar