[BUG] Kuat - Ranken Initiative/Secret War

JimG

When you first do the flashpoint, you get a mission to talk to the admiral on the bridge inside the instance. For a level 55, I can just walk in there, talk to the admiral and complete the mission. For less than level 55, there is no way to enter the instance unless you queue through group finder. In the group conversation, it doesn't give you credit for speaking to the admiral (not even when I was the one initiating the convo). I tried speaking to the admiral again after the group conversation and I was unable to do so. There's no way to go back to the beginning after the flashpoint is done either as you cannot make your way back to the bridge. So we are getting a mission that is nothing more than a talk to person X mission with an item roll at our specific level, but we can't complete the mission. I have no idea why you put a talk to person X mission inside an instance which players under level 55 can't enter on their own, but something needs to be fixed here.

Yeah it is a bad bug , it's in the bug report section , but has gone off the first page to page 2. Sometimes it does work though , well slightly better than we thought , I won the convo roll and my friend and I both received the end of quest items. So it's not just the winner that gets it done , on that occasion anyway.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=719759

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Apparently you can drop out of the group after getting in there through group finder and then re-enter on your own, even if you're solo. Not the way it's supposed to be done obviously, but seems to be the only workaround for non-55s until it's fixed. Edited by Pscyon

Apparently you can drop out of the group after getting in there through group finder and then re-enter on your own, even if you're solo. Not the way it's supposed to be done obviously, but seems to be the only workaround for non-55s until it's fixed.

This, it works for everybody.

1. Finish the flashpoint
  2. Exit flashpoint
  3. Leave group
  4. Grab the quest from the droid outside
  5. Enter the flashpoint
  6. Talk to the admiral
  7. ?? (just kidding)
  8. Profit - your quest reward awaits you
  9. Leave the flashpoint again.

It works for all levels, to my knowledge

Edited by Aries_cz

I've had this happen twice my self, here is how i sorted it.

Level 55 char - Just re entered after the fp after completing the run and talked to him again.

Level 30's char - Just queued again and did a second run and when i did the dialog i got the reward.

A pain i know, but unless you are only planning on doing it only once on that char or you need the token to finish rep cap, then you can just leave it till one you do normally kicks off the completion.

This was driving me nuts but it finally worked for me. I was only que'd for Kuat in the group finder and for some reason when i que'd for everything (clicked all FP's and Kuat) then got a group and talked to rankin it worked.

This, it works for everybody.

1. Finish the flashpoint
  2. Exit flashpoint
  3. Leave group
  4. Grab the quest from the droid outside
  5. Enter the flashpoint
  6. Talk to the admiral
  7. ?? (just kidding)
  8. Profit - your quest reward awaits you
  9. Leave the flashpoint again.

It works for all levels, to my knowledge

Not for me. I can't enter the instance without groupfinder until I've reached level 55. There is no quest for me to pick up from the droid outside if I'm not level 55.

Not for me. I can't enter the instance without groupfinder until I've reached level 55. There is no quest for me to pick up from the droid outside if I'm not level 55.

Really? You cannot start the flashpoint mission without Group Finder? That is something that should not be happening IMO, the droids/terminals at the doors to flashpoints always worked for me on all levels, so I assumed this was a case as well...

Edited by Aries_cz

Really? You cannot start the flashpoint mission without Group Finder? That is something that should not be happening IMO, the droids/terminals at the doors to flashpoints always worked for me on all levels, so I assumed this was a case as well...

That's really strange. I'm on my level 34 vanguard right now and I get the following message when I want to talk to the droid or enter the flashpoint: "This Flashpoint may only be accessed via Group Finder until you've reached level 55".

So I thought that it was by design that my lower level chars couldn't enter it without group finder.

That's really strange. I'm on my level 34 vanguard right now and I get the following message when I want to talk to the droid or enter the flashpoint: "This Flashpoint may only be accessed via Group Finder until you've reached level 55".

So I thought that it was by design that my lower level chars couldn't enter it without group finder.

As I said, i did not test it on lower levels, as I do not have lower level characters, but I assumed the droid should work just like the droids and terminals in front of other flashpoints...

Oh how I wish the above was true. My level 20 char is going in for the third time trying to complete the quest. The previous two times I started the conversation and got.....nothing . *sigh*

Edit: Interesting, right after I posted the above, a queue popped and I was in the flashpoint. Unfortunately, the group had progressed passed the Admiral's conversation so I stayed in the FP and left group therefore was kicked out automatically. When I exited, the FP entrance was still purple to me so I could re-enter by myself, talk the the Admiral alone and got the reward. Finally!

Edited by inclemency