Looking for LGBT friendly guild

lokipup

Thanks, but I've been a member of Stonewall in the past and I've found it to have extensive red tape, with little active player base to call for it. I prefer guilds that aren't LGBT that don't mind having gay members, preferably that'll kick harassers.

I guess. Gotta wonder if a LGBT guild could be considered discriminatory, though. Because you know damn well if someone started a hetero guild, he'd have the bleeding hearts so far up his ***** he'd be able to taste them.

I'm sorry, but how does sexual preference really matter? I don't make a point of stating my orientation, and neither do many of my guildies. Maybe that's just the kind of thing you should keep to yourself.

Wow......

Maybe you should've kept THIS comment to yourself...

Edited by Transmet

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to say that you would be surprised how frequently people state their orientation without knowing it. ie comments gf ex gf, wife ex wife. etc etc. For LGBT folks we have to carefully pick our words sometimes when describing our partners. I have been in guilds on WoW myself that I have left because I never stated my orientation simply because it never came up, if someone asked me about my personal life I wouldn't hide anything from them. What the biggest issue is is listening to chat on teamspeak or vent or just guild chat and listening to any number of derogatory words that are used to describe us. Kinda kills the fun in gaming. All I want is a guild that is socially active that doesn't allow for truly hateful comments to be made. I am just like every other person out there and don't mind friendly jokes but there comes a point when those jokes aren't friendly anymore at all.

Also I would like to point out that the LGBT guilds I have been in are not restricted to just LGBT people, we accepted anyone who was willing to join for whatever reason they wanted to join provided they were respectful. They were just made to create a guild where people could go without feeling harassed while they were playing.

Regardless I too am looking for just a gay friendly guild, but I would also be happy with a socially active LGBT guild as well.

If you'd like to contact me in game, I think I can reasonably say that I know of a few guilds either side that may just fit what you are looking for, they're all pretty relaxed with little 'red tape' of any sort.

You can reach me at Tar'zaak Imp side or Tarjin Pub side and we can chat and see if you would be happy in my guilds.

If you haven't found a guild yet, please consider Elysium. We are not GLBT exclusively, but have many active members who are. We have a packed Ops schedule including story and hard mode nights and 15-30 folks on during prime time.

Send an in-game message to Marrochino (me) or Zullell (the other recruiting officer) or go to http://elysium.torportal.com/ and fill out an app.

• 11 months later...
Too bad I had not seen this thread last year. I was guild leader of a guild called, "Deaths Accent". I am gay and the guild leader before me was gay. It was not a gay guild, but we obviously had no issues having gay members. I would not hesitate to kick a member for using hateful speech (never had to thankfully). Since leaving I have been a member of several guilds with various toons. I have never had issues with guilds knowing I was gay. I never wore it on my sleeve but eventually it would come up in conversation. You just have to recognize that social language has changed. People say things like, "that's so gay" but are not homophobic. That took me a while.

Hello,

Please check out Children of Korriban. We are a casual guild and our main raid nights are Mon, Wed and Sat at 7:00 PM PST. We also run PvP on Tue and Thu nights at 6:00 PM PST. Plus, we are famous for our Drunken Gaming Nights! (OK, famous is a stretch, and you don’t have to drink, these are basically social gaming nights; everyone is in vent laughing and having a good time, Drunken Gaming Night just has a nice ring to it :) )

We love to have fun but we we are also mature enough to know when to shut up and get the raid done. Our members range from mid 20s to mid 40s with a few outliers in either direction.

There is usually a good amount of people online on any given night and we are all very willing to help out and run any group mission or activity. We also have a sister guild on the republic side called The First Order.

All of our information is located in my forum signature below, head over to our website, check us out, and if you like what you see fill out an application.

Thank you for considering us!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.