Primary weapon comparison graphs

Emilhandsome

I went ahead and made some rough charts comparing the various primary weapons stock stats at various ranges. The graphs shows DPS over range, damage per shot over range, and the effects of tracking on DPS at 3 different ranges, 500 m, 3000 m, and max range for each weapon.

Anyway, here they are, description under each image:

http://imgur.com/a/L4LFq

I thought these could shed some light on each weapons intended use. If anyone want any other comparisons made please tell me and I'll get around to it as soon as I can. I'm already planning to make graphs for the fully upgraded stats, stats during co-pilot/system abilitis, and with different components/crew for each weapon. After that I might also make some EHP and TTK calculations for different target profiles.

There are however some mechanics that are a bit shifty. To begin with I don't know if the damage/accuracy scales linearly or variably over range. Also, does anyone know how the "tracking penalty reduction by 5%" upgrade some weapons have work? Does it reduce the penalty amount per degree of tracking or does the first 5% accuracy loss not count towards the tracking penalty?

I have no idea how it works, but it SOUNDS like if you have incurred a 4% penalty, the bonus reduces it to 0, but if you have incurred an 8% penalty it is reduced to 3%, etc. I believe it basically makes a hidden circle without a penalty, a larger bullseye of 0% penalty if you will, and then everything decreases from there at the normal rate.

Could you do another graph where you just multiply by accuracy at the different ranges? Given that it is normalized dps anyway.

Edited by Verain

I have no idea how it works, but it SOUNDS like if you have incurred a 4% penalty, the bonus reduces it to 0, but if you have incurred an 8% penalty it is reduced to 3%, etc. I believe it basically makes a hidden circle without a penalty, a larger bullseye of 0% penalty if you will, and then everything decreases from there at the normal rate.

Yeah, this seems most likely, but the wording in game is a bit iffy.

Could you do another graph where you just multiply by accuracy at the different ranges? Given that it is normalized dps anyway.

This should be graph number 2, it takes accuracy at different ranges into account.

I thought it would simply... reduce tracking penalty by 5%. If tracking penalty is 1% per degree, it's now 0.95% per degree.

I thought it would simply... reduce tracking penalty by 5%. If tracking penalty is 1% per degree, it's now 0.95% per degree.

If this is the case, the net gain in accuracy would be so ridiculously low that it would never be useful to pick this over the alternative.