option to opt out of Deathmatch

goingnumb

Anyone else wishing BW gave us the capability to opt out of queuing for Deathmatch? When I pvp I'm typically very objective focused, mindlessly flying around asteroids randomly shooting at opponents ships holds very little interest for me. I understand not everyone enjoys what I enjoy. Deathmatch/TDM is perfect for some players and that's outstanding, but please give me the option to stay out of this GSF format much like how I am able to select particular FP's I want to play.

I suggest that's what is needed is a means to select the match type on the Launch screen. Currently there would be two choices:

• Capture Objectives
  • Deathmatch

The selection doesn't need to extend to the level of selecting a specific GSF PvP zone, just the match type. With all players now able to participate it's quite possible there is enough of a base to support this with reasonable length queue times.

I think the option to choose a mode would be awesome. You could always figure out what mode the premade groups are flying and fly the other one instead. I do like both modes a lot. Bombers are OP bad, But in Death Match mode I have noticed that my quads are now better than Burst lasers because we don't fight as close to each other. Edited by HoloGrinder

But in Death Match mode I have noticed that my quads are now better than Burst lasers because we don't fight as close to each other.

If you turn on your advanced GSF weapon tool tips, you would have figured this out already...there is a time and place for BLC, and QLC.

One thing to note, is that you automatically get a loss on your perminate record if you leave a match either of your own choosing or something happens to interrupt your connection. This is exactly why I quit playing Blizzard games because it was so easy to cheat with map hacks back in the day and with there current games they have so many add-ons to assist a player. With them adding perminate records for ground combat I stopped playing ranked and now that I see there is a record keeping process for GSF I'm done playing that as well...

One thing to note, is that you automatically get a loss on your perminate record if you leave a match either of your own choosing or something happens to interrupt your connection. This is exactly why I quit playing Blizzard games because it was so easy to cheat with map hacks back in the day and with there current games they have so many add-ons to assist a player. With them adding perminate records for ground combat I stopped playing ranked and now that I see there is a record keeping process for GSF I'm done playing that as well...

Could you explain why you don't like having permanent records? I'm not sure I understand. It just sounds like your main gripe with Blizzard was the map hacks, which they've surely fixed.

I don't see what this has to do with deathmatch but ok. So you enjoyed the game when there was no stat tracking. The add it so now you hate it. I don't really see how ignoring it is any different than not having it at all.

I don't see what this has to do with deathmatch but ok. So you enjoyed the game when there was no stat tracking. The add it so now you hate it. I don't really see how ignoring it is any different than not having it at all.

First part of my message lead into the other, in that if you don't like deathmatch and just exit out of it the second you get it, you will get a loss. Also if you where about to win a match and you somehow get exited out of the match you get a loss for it even tho you invested the time and where about to win. Problem I have is matchmaking seems really screwy and some factions are definately doing better on alot of other servers that now I see how bad my faction is doing and no matter how hard I've tried to win it's now really bothering me. Definately if they had a toggleable bar like they do for group finder in pve people would probally find some que times longer but BW would also see which maps are not popular and could either retire them or revamp them to make them more popular.

Queue times aren't strong enough for this right now (imo).

this is the official "launch" the player base is only going to get smaller from here with longer queue times, I only see cross server queues reducing the queue times and that's not happening.