Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Healing, by far the worst experience I've ever had as a gamer

rawkus

Posts like this are pmuch a joke. Staying alive as a healer is not a problem in the slightest. It's very easy to kite/cc the people on you and live for extended periods of time.

The problem is that people are going to switch off you the second they realize they can't kill you. They're then going to attack your teammates. You're then going to try to heal your teammates through the damage, except your 2 second cast heals hit for 1500 and your other heals hit for similary low amounts.

I hope this clears things up for the people spouting "Learn 2 play" or "Get a guard!!!"

Neither of these drastically change things. Your heals are still pathetically low.

I think you are just bad honestly. I see healers doing very well in warzones keeping me and others alive.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are just bad honestly. I see healers doing very well in warzones keeping me and others alive.

I'm a much better player than you and i'm not even talking about myself FYI, i'm talking about my own observations across 5 beta builds and now live playing DPS.

BTW you have absolutely no points and i'm willing to bet you're practically oblivious to good gameplay so do not reply to me.

Edited by CHRISGG

I'm a much better player than you and i'm not even talking about myself FYI, i'm talking about my own observations across 5 beta builds and now live playing DPS.

BTW you have absolutely no points and i'm willing to bet you're practically oblivious to good gameplay so do not reply to me.

It's working for others but not for you ... I know why. You are too good. That holds you back.

Honestly, it's not even fun.

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's not a positioning issue. It's not a l2p issue either.

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

healign is fine, but you have to learn your place, a HEALER is a HEALEr and not supposed to be able to compeet in a 1 on 1 in pvp

LoL

People who think WoW healers are OP must be joking.

The only healer who is OP are shaman, and that's because of soul link totem.

Any rogue/DK can kill a healer in WoW solo. A rogue can kill a resto druid through damage reduction CD's.

People who think healers shouldn't be able to outlast a DPS 1v1 just shows how ignorant they are.

If a healer will always lose to a DPS, then what's the point of playing a healer?

However, after playing one BG with some friends, I will say that outside of the UI what you're expereincing is awful players training DPS while you get trained by their DPS. You get no peels and just die. Which is like every other game.

I was a Holy Pally for my pvp healer days in WoW BG's. Was so much fun, but felt ridicules. I felt like I had no idea what i was doing, then match would end, and I'd be top heals. Honestly not sure how in the heck that worked out, especially since I didn't have great gear, nor do I feel like I was a particularly talented player, nor other players particularly untalented.

When I wouldn't play my pally however, it seemed the team with 3-4 healers would never have anyone die, even focus firing a clothy healer didn't seem to make it even out to a kill.

Although I LOVE pvp healing on WoW, I still have to agree with others in saying it is a little over-powered.

Sir, you're kind of contradicting yourself saying any rogue/dk can kill healer, then saying people are ignorant for thinking a healer shouldn't be able to outlast a dps in 1v1. I also could be simply misinterpreting your implications.

I don't think a healer should ALWAYS lose to a dps, but I really enjoyed the Warhammer model for pvp when I was playing it of rock, paper, scissors:

Tank can beat DPS , DPS can beat heals, and heals can beat tank.

Of course healers had sort of that disc priest smite/heal stuff going on where there attacks would heal a friendly target so the were dps/heals. It made a very dynamic and interesting play. I like that ToR did the whole you can actually "tank" in pvp and get "aggro" through abilities just like Warhammer too. I find it much more interesting than a tank is just much more difficult to kill.

Posts like this are pmuch a joke. Staying alive as a healer is not a problem in the slightest. It's very easy to kite/cc the people on you and live for extended periods of time.

The problem is that people are going to switch off you the second they realize they can't kill you. They're then going to attack your teammates. You're then going to try to heal your teammates through the damage, except your 2 second cast heals hit for 1500 and your other heals hit for similary low amounts.

I hope this clears things up for the people spouting "Learn 2 play" or "Get a guard!!!"

Neither of these drastically change things. Your heals are still pathetically low.

2500 is standard heal for bolstered soundrel. 4500 if it crits. That's 1/3 of my hp bar. How much more do you imagine healers should do ?

I was a Holy Pally for my pvp healer days in WoW BG's. Was so much fun, but felt ridicules. I felt like I had no idea what i was doing, then match would end, and I'd be top heals.

You see, this is problem with most people in this thread. They don't care or even understand what happens during the game. Win or lose, get 50 kills or get 0 kills. As long as they're "top heals" in a pug battleground, even if there's no other healers in the game, they're happy.

These people are not fit to comment on the issue or any PvP issue really.

2500 is standard heal for bolstered soundrel. 4500 if it crits. That's 1/3 of my hp bar. How much more do you imagine healers should do ?

There's a 30% healing debuff in PvP and you're posting numbers without Trauma, ROFL. Do not post again.

There's a 30% healing debuff in PvP and you're posting numbers without Trauma, ROFL. Do not post again.

What does trauma have to do with anything ... if you think those 30% is too much, whine about that. Don't whine that healers are bad overall when they are in nice spot in war zones.

You see, this is problem with most people in this thread. They don't care or even understand what happens during the game. Win or lose, get 50 kills or get 0 kills. As long as they're "top heals" in a pug battleground, even if there's no other healers in the game, they're happy.

These people are not fit to comment on the issue or any PvP issue really.

No, I'm not saying I didn't understand how to win the BG, or stay the heck out of mid, I'm saying I never felt like I understood the tiny nuances of spells and skills. The healing charts just felt like an anomaly, I wasn't gunning specifically to be top heals sir.

No, I'm not saying I didn't understand how to win the BG, or stay the heck out of mid, I'm saying I never felt like I understood the tiny nuances of spells and skills. The healing charts just felt like an anomaly, I wasn't gunning specifically to be top heals sir.

And i'm saying that anyone who brags about anything at in all in pug WoW battlegrounds should not be commenting on PvP issues because Battlegrounds have not been relevant to PvP in that game for 5 years.

Right ... no open world PvP healing ... just PvP healing. So what does trauma that is specific have to do with this.

TRAUMA IS APPLIED TO ANYONE IN ANY SITUATION WHERE THEY ARE IN COMBAT WITH AN ENEMY PLAYER.

I am honestly speechless. I'm going to be even more speechless when you reply once again, not at all understanding how Trauma works and trying to imply it works differently.

Well, this is disheartening. I came to the forums to see if I was doing something wrong, or if, as I suspected healing in PvP is not viable. It seems that I rolled the wrong class, and just need to make a dps so I can contribute in warfronts. If this is they what you guys want - just a bunch of dps running around whacking each other - more power to you. But, then don't try to insult games that require teamwork.

Well, this is disheartening. I came to the forums to see if I was doing something wrong, or if, as I suspected healing in PvP is not viable. It seems that I rolled the wrong class, and just need to make a dps so I can contribute in warfronts. If this is they what you guys want - just a bunch of dps running around whacking each other - more power to you. But, then don't try to insult games that require teamwork.

Certainly viable at lower levels, and will only become more viable at 50 with the way expertise scales.

TRAUMA IS APPLIED TO ANYONE IN ANY SITUATION WHERE THEY ARE IN COMBAT WITH AN ENEMY PLAYER.

I am honestly speechless. I'm going to be even more speechless when you reply once again, not at all understanding how Trauma works and trying to imply it works differently.

Nah I will test it first ;)

Cynical,

I've been reading a lot about tanks in pvp lately, maybe more of them would balance out the play a bit? Not sure if it would, but with a sort of paper, rock, scissors approach to pvp it seems like we have a million scissors (dps), a few, papers (heals), and maybe 1 rock (tank) if any. Maybe once people start feeling out the dynamics of the strategies and teamwork needed, they'll spec more tank so that the pvp population is more 1/3 of each hopefully and more varied, and poor healers won't feel dps wraith as much.

Cynical,

I've been reading a lot about tanks in pvp lately, maybe more of them would balance out the play a bit? Not sure if it would, but with a sort of paper, rock, scissors approach to pvp it seems like we have a million scissors (dps), a few, papers (heals), and maybe 1 rock (tank) if any. Maybe once people start feeling out the dynamics of the strategies and teamwork needed, they'll spec more tank so that the pvp population is more 1/3 of each hopefully and more varied, and poor healers won't feel dps wraith as much.

"As long as the healer doesn't die, all is good! That's all his job is!"

ugggh, MMORPG pvpers.

Honestly, it's not even fun.

I'm hardly bad or a beginner (2700 exp Resto Druid), but I can't even begin to describe how awful PvP healing is in this game. I won't even get into the raid frames and totally unresponsive targeting system. Right now my Operative is 44 so I have all my abilities and it's still crap. Every single random DPS baddie can easily knock off 30-50% of my health in a global so it's impossible to keep up and then you just get interrupted/cc'ed to hell. Juking the interrupt? Good luck figuring that out!

It's not a positioning issue. It's not a l2p issue either.

It's just not fun being completely helpless without serious peels and even then healing is totally underwhelming.

I just have to disagree. As an EQ druid and as a WOW druid healing in pvp with this game is fantastic and fun (I didn't do it in beta but I have an alt now in live that kicks butt). Its a challenge of getting those heals and cc's off before I get pounced on. Its a game of position and reducing your profile. Man I felt alive healing.

In EQ I could kite you and make you go home wishing you were a druid. In WOW I could just sit there and giggle... no skill no dynamic just point and click. They did it right and they made it fun. I encourage you to play it someone but remove the old habits. To break mine I played DCUO (because it was completely counter to my muscle memory for healing or tanking).

If I load up my alt, I have to pay attention... that alone makes it worth it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.