The Official Begeren Colony Ranked Arena Thread

NvrShoutNvr

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still lfg is anyone wants to play, i got home late from work so MCB started without me :C

We just didn't wanna carry you. Our teams already gimped with me healing on a sage, so add you in the mix and that's ggnore

:0

<3

Also, sorry we have to call it so early. We're on east coast and our gunslinger works nights.

Edited by BlackBalance

I'm really excited for the upper hand nerf. It's going to be a big difference imo.

Evonaut rankone healer Begeren Colony

i think good scoundrels will still be BiS (i.e. Urshanabi & Jinxx) but the gap between the good scoundrel and the mediocre scoundrel will be a lot more visible than it was previously. Really excited to see how Bastett and Kenji can play since you dont need to play scoundrel heals and only scoundrel heals to be competitive anymore.

i think good scoundrels will still be BiS (i.e. Urshanabi & Jinxx) but the gap between the good scoundrel and the mediocre scoundrel will be a lot more visible than it was previously. Really excited to see how Bastett and Kenji can play since you dont need to play scoundrel heals and only scoundrel heals to be competitive anymore.

I think it will lead sages to come out of their shell more than they already have. I'm looking at Sofi and Rydia. :>

I think it will lead sages to come out of their shell more than they already have. I'm looking at Sofi and Rydia. :>

Sofi was/is an amazing healer in ranked 8v8's :D you should have heard her freaking out in Teamspeak the other day, she spent a **** ton of money augmenting her scoundrel and then the 2.7 changes were announced. "THOSE MOTHER *********** BIOWARE INFANOOBS, I JUST RE-ROLLED SCOUNDRLE BECAUSE SAGES ARE BAD AND NOW THEY NERFED THE CLASS THAT JUST FULLY AUGMENTED WHY CAN'T A CATCH A BREAK STEPHEN GO GET ME ANOTHER GLASS OF WINE BEFORE I BITE YOUR HEAD OFF"

it was amazing

Sofi was/is an amazing healer in ranked 8v8's :D you should have heard her freaking out in Teamspeak the other day, she spent a **** ton of money augmenting her scoundrel and then the 2.7 changes were announced. "THOSE MOTHER *********** BIOWARE INFANOOBS, I JUST RE-ROLLED SCOUNDRLE BECAUSE SAGES ARE BAD AND NOW THEY NERFED THE CLASS THAT JUST FULLY AUGMENTED WHY CAN'T A CATCH A BREAK STEPHEN GO GET ME ANOTHER GLASS OF WINE BEFORE I BITE YOUR HEAD OFF"

it was amazing

while drinking her jug'o'wine...

Sage... healer?

Doesn't ring a bell.

Yeah if anything mercs will be able to keep up with ops post 2.7.

Sage heals are as arena-crappy as ever. A healer whose survivability is balanced entirely around LOS and positioning with no ability whatsoever to heal outside of LOS and exploit positioning, that must expose itself to leaps and harpoons to heal teammates=arena derp derp.

The other two healers can get away with a lot more: mercs are sturdier and better able to stand in the thick of things (even though they share our interrupt susceptibility); operatives can still AOE flash an entire zerg, hots keep ticking while stunned/LOSing, and they still have instant heals even after the 2.7 nerfs to them.

Sage DPS will probably be in a good spot with egress access to all, however.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Yeah if anything mercs will be able to keep up with ops post 2.7.

Sage heals are as arena-crappy as ever. A healer whose survivability is balanced entirely around LOS and positioning with no ability whatsoever to heal outside of LOS and exploit positioning, that must expose itself to leaps and harpoons to heal teammates=arena derp derp.

The other two healers can get away with a lot more: mercs are sturdier and better able to stand in the thick of things (even though they share our interrupt susceptibility); operatives can still AOE flash an entire zerg, hots keep ticking while stunned/LOSing, and they still have instant heals even after the 2.7 nerfs to them.

Sage DPS will probably be in a good spot with egress access to all, however.

Sage DPS is already the top ranged DPS in an arena, closely followed by Commando/Slinger.

And you're good Matari, but sages aren't that bad. Healing I mean, of course. They're viable, but your team has to play with you, as opposed to an op who can peel for themselves sometimes, as to where a sage cannot.

an op who can peel for themselves sometimes, as to where a sage cannot.

most teams are just used to playing with op heals, so they have a tough time getting used to peeling for a sage. a large part of why sages are "bad" in arenas. It's not the healer itself, it's the team surrounding the healer.

Sage DPS is already the top ranged DPS in an arena, closely followed by Commando/Slinger.

And you're good Matari, but sages aren't that bad. Healing I mean, of course. They're viable, but your team has to play with you, as opposed to an op who can peel for themselves sometimes, as to where a sage cannot.

Even with a team that plays with us, our tanks still take guard damage through Force Barrier.

LOL

36-point seer spec viable? In 4s maybe, with a world-class tank, but we'll be bottom of the barrel in soloyoloqueue post 2.7. Mercs and ops will compete to see which is the alpha heal class but we're getting left behind. Our scheduled tree buffs do little to make points 22-35 invested in the tree actually appealing. The non-spec specific buffs (mental alacrity providing pushback immunity) are actually more useful than our tree-specific buff IMO.

Also I haven't been on Matari since...

in 4s maybe

that's what we're basing this discussion on. Solo queue is and always will be a crap shoot of who gets the better pugs, but a good seer spec is still perfectly viable in group ranked. Bastett or Caedri would be more than happy to prove you wrong if you care to disagree.

that's what we're basing this discussion on. Solo queue is and always will be a crap shoot of who gets the better pugs, but a good seer spec is still perfectly viable in group ranked. Bastett or Caedri would be more than happy to prove you wrong if you care to disagree.

Still they need to fix the Force Barrier bug, as taking 50% of 0 damage should result in...well, 0 damage.

Yet it does not.