I love team deathmatch

silvershadows

And you play bomber or gunship?

Seriously the maps were obviously designed to give these two classes the biggest advantage they possibly could.

Game Mode: 10/10

Map design: -100/10 (Fire the ppl that designed them)

Bombers and Gunships? LOL. I played one Deatmatch in my Blackbolt and got 17 kills, 9 assists, 3 deaths and over 80k damage. The other team's Bombers and Gunships were slag before they could deal any appreciable damage, let alone get a net positive kill count.

Also, saying a map is designed for BOTH Gunship and Bombers is ridiculous. a Gunship benefits from long open ranges. A Bomber benefits from claustrophobic spaces. They are exactly the opposite of each other except for one thing--they are both very slow and easily hunted down/overwhelmed by swarms of faster ships.

Bombers are the new kings of Domination (and Gunships are their strongest counter there). But I suspect they will always be hard to make work in Deathmatch, simply because once targeted, they can't really escape. Thus getting a high kill/death ratio will be challenging.

Edited by Nemarus

Could someone explain why these maps would somehow be built for bombers and gunships?

Have pity on those of us stuck at work... how different are they from the domination variants?

LOL.............I always post from work and wonder how all of these guys are playing already.

And you play bomber or gunship?

Seriously the maps were obviously designed to give these two classes the biggest advantage they possibly could.

Game Mode: 10/10

Map design: -100/10 (Fire the ppl that designed them)

Lol what? If anything the map is designed AGAINTS GS and bombers. I went on a killing rampage as scout.

Deathmatch is byfar 100x more fun than defending satelites all day.

But they are trying to fight back. They sit there in their gunships sniping at anyone who gets too close, hoping the turrets or their teammates will smoke any attackers who get close.

Sure, you can do that. But if that's the case, you're not getting powerups while they are. It's also very easy to LOS a gunship at the capital ship, or just pull back out of his range to force him to move forward.

I enjoyed it as well, it seems like heaven sent for scout players!!! I love hunting bombers and gunships especially with sensor dampening they never see me coming!

On a side note unfortunately for whatever reason after all the matches I have played today 20 at least I only got 2 death match modes....what's up with that Bioware?

I had my first team deathmatch yesterday. Everyone flew to the ceiling and blew each other up. By halfway the repubs had establish something of a perimeter w/ the bomber mines. My fool hearted attempt to tell my team for them to come to us was amusing. The one map I did was pretty large in scale. Finding the bonuses was kind of difficult because of the top down map. Maybe they need some kind of light beam to the ceiling to point to where they are?

Me: Don't throw yourself at them. Let them come to us.

Team: Uggghhh. We perished.

Lol what? If anything the map is designed AGAINTS GS and bombers. I went on a killing rampage as scout.

Deathmatch is byfar 100x more fun than defending satelites all day.

The four matches I've played tonight where the winning team (mine or theirs) who's kill count was 45+/50 for gunships would argue with you.

Deathmatch is a blast. But for gods sake take out the Powerup's. Make it a real death match based on skill. That damage boost has quads hitting for 1k+ per hit, and gunships for 3k+. Both killing people in 1 or 2 hits. Not sure why BW even put them in, they are not needed.

The four matches I've played tonight where the winning team (mine or theirs) who's kill count was 45+/50 for gunships would argue with you.

Then your team was horrible at targeting GS downs. Bombers and GS are pretty much dead weight againts a team of competent scouts. You know, the ones who dont fly in a straight line and actually aim for GS/Bombers first.

I would say the onyl way GS and Bombers can be effective is if you have multiple ships guarding them. Their slow mobility prevents them from acquiring the biggest advantage- power ups. And a scout in damage and engine power ups can deal some serious hurt.

Then your team was horrible at targeting GS downs. Bombers and GS are pretty much dead weight againts a team of competent scouts. You know, the ones who dont fly in a straight line and actually aim for GS/Bombers first.

I would say the onyl way GS and Bombers can be effective is if you have multiple ships guarding them. Their slow mobility prevents them from acquiring the biggest advantage- power ups. And a scout in damage and engine power ups can deal some serious hurt.

Yeah, except a non-geared scout is worthless against the amount of shields a geared gunship has. I should know, I've been exploiting this all night. It is TOO EASY to kill things as a GS in deathmatch and WAY too easy to guard a node as a bomber in Domnation.

When we go domination, we go 10/0/0, cap the node, leave the bomber behind (me) then go 1/9/0, then cap that node, then go 4/5/1 and win the match. I can take anything out at 11500m with proton torpedoes and then them entering in range of my missile turret and cannons... it's toooo eaaasssyyy... I barely even have to fly. I am a 5th turret with proton torpedoes.

In deathmatch, you swing 2-4 gunships around the outside of the map while everyone fights in the center, then bring them 10km outside of the spawn area from the other teams capital ship. Then you just shoot things as they come in. There is no defense against this without an equal number of geared gunships... which means it's gunship v. gunship.

Edited by SavingPrincess
Clarification