i'm confused---do i save credits now or don't worry 'till i'm L25?

xioix

I'm L21 and I believe I have only 16K credits. I spend all my money on crafting, nothing else. I haven't bought a single expansion slot, a single vendor item (except for recipes that I need), a single armor or mod etc. I don't buy stuff at the auction house so you get the idea.

I want to train my speeder skill which is 40K. I already have the CE mount. Some ppl are saying that when I reach L25 and go to Nar Shadaa or whereever, that I could earn 40K in about an hour because the quests give so much credit.

So, do I save my 16K now or can I keep leveling my crafting skills because I won't have any credit problems once I start questing and I'm L25+ and in the appropriate planet for my level?

Thanks.

My advice would be to drop one profession and take up slicing while levelling up. I took up slicing 2 or 3 days ago (dropping Armortech), paid for my driving license and mount and have a little over 120,000 credits in the bank.

At the moment it really is a money tree. I also have bioanalysis and diplomacy as when I get to 50 I will drop slicing and pick up Biochemistry and will already have all the mats to level it plus a healthy bank balance.

Just my 2pennies..

You might be stacking a nice amount of credits through questing on Nar Shaddaa and afterwards but you must also remember that the cost of things will increase as you get further on.

I've also been spending a fair amount on crafting, trying to get a decent lightsaber crystal but I'm struggling to get to that 40k for my speeder talent (the speeder itself is already taking up a slot) simply because I'm spending 200-400 credits every time I want to go treasure hunting and archaeology finding and wasting even more turning them into lightsaber mods and reverse engineering them all.

Simply put, if you want that speeder skill before leaving Tattooine etc. you'll have to spend less on modding and a bit more time casually thwapping enemies. I'm now on Alderaan and I'm still a good amount short due to constant upgrades of everything else. Find something you can do without for a while until you've saved up enough, thaat is my suggestion.

My advice would be to drop one profession and take up slicing while levelling up. I took up slicing 2 or 3 days ago (dropping Armortech), paid for my driving license and mount and have a little over 120,000 credits in the bank.

At the moment it really is a money tree. I also have bioanalysis and diplomacy as when I get to 50 I will drop slicing and pick up Biochemistry and will already have all the mats to level it plus a healthy bank balance.

Just my 2pennies..

thank you, i will do EXACTLY this---drop biochem and get slicing. :D

Take a sabbatical from your crew skills and make sure to do every quest you can find on Taris and Nar Shaddaa. (If you're Republic; I'm not sure what the Imperial equivalents are.) If you do so, it can be guaranteed that you'll have more than enough credits for your speeder training and the actual mount by the time you get to L25.

Just my 2pennies..

Good idea, I am going to do that next I play. I will drop Synth, level up the gathering skills and store mats and try to get as much in credits as possible.

I have crew skills for Biochechem, bioanalysis and slicing and it seems to work well with balancing crafting and making money. Ill drop slicing for the secondary gather skill once i get a higher lvl.

My approach is to level my crew skills when in a major city and do slicing non stop when im out questing. This works if you have 2 companions or more. have the bot do the slicing while you and your companion are out and about.

Then when in a bigger city turning in quests have both companions skilling up.

If you dont have 2 yet I would save your money for trains etc and work toward this. You should have 2 companions by lvl 15-16.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.