The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

The suggested reason for why she was weakened through the course of the Revan novel has little to do with her Force Wound, but the effect the DS nexus would have had on her as a light sider. So yes, they are perfectly compatible.

Good I am glad we got there, thank you Beni :D.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you even talking about? :rak_04:

She never draws off anyone, and her gains from kills were permanent, not temporary like a Nexus. All her best feats are when she was nowhere near any of her companions.

You say the Revan novel is an accurate representation of her? Are you high? Yoda couldn't even draw on the force on Dromund Kaas, most Jedi can't. How her force feats on a world like that are "accurate" is beyond me.

I think that's a long shot.

In the Revan novel almost everything about her is either ignored ,retconed or erased with nothing in it's place.

Ya that is the unfortunate case. the other unfortunate case is we dont really have another canon source to look at for gender and alignment or what have you so we kind of have to go with what we have. It happens ALL THE TIME, to Post NJO characters or even to Clone Wars characters, why should it be any different here.

Edit: but as has been explained, most discrepencies come from the "nexus" not neccisarily from the "closed wound" which as I just said the "closed wound" was a sign that she was now whole, and that her strength was now as stron as it had ever been AND a sign that it was for once completely her own again.

Edited by tunewalker

What are you even talking about? :rak_04:

She never draws off anyone, and her gains from kills were permanent, not temporary like a Nexus. All her best feats are when she was nowhere near any of her companions.

You say the Revan novel is an accurate representation of her? Are you high? Yoda couldn't even draw on the force on Dromund Kaas, most Jedi can't. How her force feats on a world like that are "accurate" is beyond me.

I think we've reached a consensus now, best to move on.

Random topic of discussion, Exar Kun, how reliant was he on amulets really?

Ya that is the unfortunate case. the other unfortunate case is we dont really have another canon source to look at for gender and alignment or what have you so we kind of have to go with what we have. It happens ALL THE TIME, to Post NJO characters or even to Clone Wars characters, why should it be any different here.

hence we(me) proceed to acknowledge what she did in that novel but without drawing any conclusion about her powers or their nature(for that ,there is kotor2).She just got backstabed before she could shine or fail.

Edited by Kaedusz

hence we(me) proceed to acknowledge what she did in that novel but without drawing any conclusion about her powers or their nature.She just got backstabed before she could shine or fail.

I just warn caution when talking about game characters. As even the number of enemies in a room can be exagurated. Its a slippery slope and one we need to be careful not to fall into.

i am almost playing devil's advocate as much as I can. Asking everyone to take what they believe and re-examine it to make sure they have thought it fully through.

Another question, for this are we including Spirit feats? Or just when he was in his mortal form?

Well again with the spirit feats I warn Caution. a Spirit by its nature can sometimes do things Mortals cant. Also careful when looking at Luke's quote comparing him to the Darkness in Sidious. Because again if we go back to the RotJ Novel Luke refers to "evil or Malicious intent" to be "darkness" the strength of "the Force" is not neccisarily what he is talking about when he talks about the "vastness of Darkness, or Amount of Darkness" in a being, but rather the amount of "evil" this especially makes sense when you realize Kun CANT be as strong as Sidious by nature of Sidious is confirmed strongest Sith.

Edited by tunewalker

Well again with the spirit feats I warn Caution. a Spirit by its nature can sometimes do things Mortals cant. Also careful when looking at Luke's quote comparing him to the Darkness in Sidious. Because again if we go back to the RotJ Novel Luke refers to "evil or Malicious intent" to be "darkness" the strength of "the Force" is not neccisarily what he is talking about when he talks about the "vastness of Darkness, or Amount of Darkness" in a being.

Well either way Kun, is gonna be on the list. Where he ranks though, that depends on weither or not we include his Spirit.

I think we've reached a consensus now, best to move on.

Random topic of discussion, Exar Kun, how reliant was he on amulets really?

I don't think it's made explicitly clear what he used the amulets for (outside of the obvious ones that show it), so I'm not entirely sure. Off the top of my head, he used them for the Force Blasts and mind controlling the Chancellor.

Also resubmitting request for feats on Caedus, if anyone has any. :p

Well one thing I will say is you may have to look a little at Caedus's contemporaries. He was considered stronger then Vader, and also Stronger then Kyp who, as far as I know, was the only other person besides Luke to move the mini black holes during the Vong war. So really in these top 10's the Phrase "size matters not" really needs to be thought about in my opinion. Since being stronger then that DOES say something. At least in the top 5.

Edited by tunewalker

Yoda couldn't even draw on the force on Dromund Kaas, most Jedi can't. How her force feats on a world like that are "accurate" is beyond me.

I wonder...If Yoda couldn't draw on the force but the Exile and HoT could and they are both weaker than him then is this a retcon or a ****up?

I wonder...If Yoda couldn't draw on the force but the Exile and HoT could and they are both weaker than him then is this a retcon or a ****up?

It's most likely that his connection to the Light Side was much deeper than theirs were.

It's most likely that his connection to the Light Side was much deeper than theirs were.

Actually... I'd say the opposite.

We know a Jedi had to have no inner darkness to become a force ghost. Force Enlightenment is truly the highest pinnacle of devotion to the light a Jedi can achieve. Surik also had no inner darkness, where we know Yoda did, since she became a force ghost.

It's honestly likely that she was more attuned to the light side that allowed her more power over whatever light remained on the world?

I don't know, all crazy theories. Either way I don't think Yoda was lighter than she was, he had his share of dark secrets and had his own dark side that he constantly had to keep at bay.

Actually... I'd say the opposite.

We know a Jedi had to have no inner darkness to become a force ghost. Force Enlightenment is truly the highest pinnacle of devotion to the light a Jedi can achieve. Surik also had no inner darkness, where we know Yoda did, since she became a force ghost.

It's honestly likely that she was more attuned to the light side that allowed her more power over whatever light remained on the world?

I don't know, all crazy theories. Either way I don't think Yoda was lighter than she was, he had his share of dark secrets and had his own dark side that he constantly had to keep at bay.

Yoda became a Force ghost too, ya know. :p

But I suppose him having a dark side is a point. I don't know, it seems like the evidence I have on hand suggests that he had a very deep connection to the Light, or at least the Force itself.

But I suppose him having a dark side is a point. I don't know, it seems like the evidence I have on hand suggests that he had a very deep connection to the Light, or at least the Force itself.

Indeed, after he confronted his inner darkness.

And I thought that was after the Kaas incident.

Well there was that episode in the 6th season of TCW where he acknowledge that he has a dark side.

Well there was that episode in the 6th season of TCW where he acknowledge that he has a dark side.

Yes he does. It's commented on several times.

I honestly have no idea how Meetra was able to cope better than Yoda on Kaas. Then again, Yoda didn't really do much, so who knows what he could have done. We know he's more than capable of coping with the effects of the Dark Sid on planets, evidenced on both Dagobah and Vjun.