The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Revisited

Beniboybling

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can, I'm not sure what you thought I said but my point is that every one of Nihilus feats is nexus based. So if your going to exempt the Ravager feat, cause Malachor, then you have to exempt all Nihilus feats because they would have been the product of some energy source or another. And in the end all we'd be measuring is these external forces.

Honestly the more this conversation goes on the more I think we SHOULD exlude The Exiles displays during her wound.

Her power was not her owns in that case, but the combined power of ALL of her companions, which as we know were all Force Sensitive. The most accurate portrail thus for Meetra is in the form of the Revan Novel.

Honestly the more this conversation goes on the more I think we SHOULD exlude The Exiles displays during her wound.

Her power was not her owns in that case, but the combined power of ALL of her companions, which as we know were all Force Sensitive. The most accurate portrail thus for Meetra is in the form of the Revan Novel.

That'll get some heat.

Inb4 rage. :D

Its wrong, like, flat wrong.

No need to rage, unless other people start weirdly believing that.

Denial, its not just a river in Egypt.

Honestly its specifically stated in the same by the Jedi Masters several times. The Exile's power only "reawakened" do to her proximity to Traya. Her power then grew as more companions joined. By the end yes she may have finally regained her own self. But most of her "powers" can be attributed to the bonds she formed with her allies and THEIR power not hers.

How many times have you guys even SAID that her power grew with force bonds and those around her grew as well. They grew because they all fed off each other using the Exiles wound as a conduit to do so.

Also I wasnt the first one to suggest it, but of course you and beni the poster children for everything in KoToR 2 (specifically Traya and Meetra) being untouchable or unargueable against would disagree. This is kind of why I found that whole statement of "every one on the council has different view points" to be extrodinarily laughable.

Well, that's a relief.

See what did I say 2 options

1. Ignore it

2. Rage

Selenial has chosen option 1.

no one actually desires to broaden their horizons with an actual conversation on its possibilities or merits of different view points.

You have to explore ALL aspects of the force, not just the narrow minded dogmatic approach of the SWTOR forums :p.

Edit: but hey I will just keep giving other ways to look at things you guys go ahead and keep sticking your heads in the ground, maybe all the nasty wasty information will go away.

Edited by tunewalker

Honestly its specifically stated in the same by the Jedi Masters several times. The Exile's power only "reawakened" do to her proximity to Traya. Her power then grew as more companions joined. By the end yes she may have finally regained her own self. But most of her "powers" can be attributed to the bonds she formed with her allies and THEIR power not hers.

I don't remember anything about her draining power from her allies.She influenced them and they sensed each other in an unique way, but as far as draining or reawakening power goes she did that by killing stuff and due to Kreia.

Edited by Kaedusz

I don't remember anything about her draining power from her allies.They influenced and senses each other in an unique way yes, but as far as draining power goes she did that by killing stuff and due to Kreia.

"Killing hundreds, only to become more and more powerful. Why did you think that was?"

No offence Tune, I'm not ignoring your argument because I don't want to "broaden my horizons", I'm ignoring it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Perhaps the reason 50% of people rage at you when you say something is your ridiculous "my argument is the be all end all" attitude you have.

"Killing hundreds, only to become more and more powerful. Why did you think that was?"

That seems rather Dark side ish thinking of it. I mean killing a bunch of people just to become stronger. Hardly Jedi like Miss Exile! For shame! :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't remember anything about her draining power from her allies.They influenced and senses each other in an unique way yes, but as far as draining or reawakening power goes she did that by killing stuff and due to Kreia.

Draining and drawing on are not technically the same thing.

Ok lets put it this way.

What is a Wound in the force? Is it not a large gaping whole? According to physics when you have a Vacuum created by what ever, should nothing else act against things stuff will pile in. Correct.

Well people were "drawn" to Meetra just like a Vaccuum draws in air or what have you. Most of her companions did not even KNOW they were force sensitive till Meetra opened them up to it. So they wouldnt have known whether or not she was drawing on them. It was unintentional on her part unlike Nihilus so she to would not have known.

Also why did Nihilus drain fail on Meetra? Simple you can not drain something that is not there. She like him is a wound, thus he could not draw anything from an already existing void.

I mean I could go on but I think my point is mostly being made, but again there will be 1 of 2 responses

1. Ignore it

2. Rage.

waiting for the selection to be made.

That seems rather Dark side ish thinking of it. I mean killing a bunch of people just to become stronger. Hardly Jedi like Miss Exile! For shame! :p

the clone wars with the exception maybe with that druid revolution in ancient times,forgot the name, was maybe the only occasion in which the jedi fought droids all the time.

In all other occasion they were pretty much killing people and beasts all over the place.

the clone wars with the exception maybe with that druid revolution in ancient times,forgot the name, was maybe the only occasion in which the jedi fought droids all the time.

In all other occasion they were pretty much killing people and beasts all over the place.

Yeah I know, but I was mainly referring to the fact, she killed others to get even more powerful. :p Which isn't really Jedi like, cause I don't recall killing hundreds to become stronger, a Jedi thing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No offence Tune, I'm not ignoring your argument because I don't want to "broaden my horizons", I'm ignoring it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Perhaps the reason 50% of people rage at you when you say something is your ridiculous "my argument is the be all end all" attitude you have.

mine is not the only way to look at it, nor have I said it to be, but for once I would like to have it acknowledge as A WAY, not the only way. A possibility, rather then out right dismisall. You have confused my attitude with the attitude you have given me, and the attitude given to me by a vast majority here.

You have yet to ever say... Well that's one way to look at it... here is another. Instead its just, No your wrong, I am right, Your small and I'm big, and there is nothing you can do about it.

From what I understand it was entirely passive, she had no idea she was doing it.

Difference I guess between her and Nihilus is that she did not need to do it to survive, she gave up her wound and survived where he could not. So there is indeed a difference.

Yeah I know, but I was mainly referring to the fact, she killed others to get even more powerful. :p Which isn't really Jedi like, cause I don't recall killing hundreds to become stronger, a Jedi thing.

wasn't on purpose and as Kreia said she wasn't truly a Jedi. ;)

Edited by Kaedusz

From what I understand it was entirely passive, she had no idea she was doing it.

Difference I guess between her and Nihilus is that she did not need to do it to survive, she gave up her wound and survived where he could not. So there is indeed a difference.

I was mainly making a joke Sel. :p

But the similarity of course is drawing on something to become stronger. Just as drawing on a Nexus or what have you.

Her power, on her own, with out drawing on ANOTHER is respresented in Revan novel. As you said, draining the others to make herself stronger, intentional or not, I never claimed it was intentional, neccissary for her survival or not is irrelevant. Jedi dont NEED a nexus to survive, however they still draw on it and we still disallow feats from when they do. A Dark sider doesnt NEED a dark side nexus to survive but can still draw on it AND again we do not count feats when they do. The same with the Exiles wound, she doesnt NEED it to survive she doesnt NEED to power to survive or to even have power of her own, BUT it does count as her drawing on something, just like a Nexus would.

Not so, much like with the Sith Emperor, Force Drain for the Jedi Exile appeared to permanently increase her capacity to wield the Force. Noting that unlike Nihilus her Wound did not annihilate her body, and therefore she retained the ability to connect to the Living Force through midichlorians, her own agency if you will.

Basically it restored her connection to the Force and in the process made her permanently stronger, and because as a light sider she did not feed the wound we can assume that eventually the wound closed up entirely, making her whole.

Not so, much like with the Sith Emperor, Force Drain for the Jedi Exile appeared to permanently increase her capacity to wield the Force. Noting that unlike Nihilus her Wound did not annihilate her body, and therefore she retained the ability to connect to the Living Force through midichlorians, her own agency if you will.

Basically it restored her connection to the Force and in the process made her permanently stronger, and because as a light sider she did not feed the wound we can assume that eventually the wound closed up entirely, making her whole.

So her pinacle would STILL be in the Revan novel, as if it PERMANENTLY increased her power and she lost ZERO power from the game or any of it to the Novel. So feats for the game and source book STILL take a back seat to the novel.

If she did get weaker, then that statement of "Permanent increase" is incorrect.

But ya I can see that explination making a lot of sense to me, its just doesnt change the way we analyze the character as her pinacle would still be Revan Novel, with out the wound as the closed wound is a sign of her "restored strength" she no longer needs to draw on the others as her strength is now fully her own.

Edited by tunewalker

So her pinacle would STILL be in the Revan novel, as if it PERMANENTLY increased her power and she lost ZERO power from the game or any of it to the Novel. So feats for the game and source book STILL take a back seat to the novel.

If she did get weaker, then that statement of "Permanent increase" is incorrect.

The suggested reason for why she was weakened through the course of the Revan novel has little to do with her Force Wound, but the effect the DS nexus would have had on her as a light sider. So yes, they are perfectly compatible.

Her power, [...] is respresented in Revan novel.

I think that's a long shot.

In the Revan novel almost everything about her is either ignored ,retconed or erased with nothing in it's place.

One of the reasons that novel is no good.

Edited by Kaedusz