How does Bolster not make the entire existence of Expertise pointless?

BobBudJones

Some potential solutions:

1. Tweak Bolster so that it brings older PvP gear to the level of Bolstered regular gear.

2. Remove expertise altogether. Internally change all existing PvP gear to have stats more in line with PvE gear. Whether you continued to keep endgame PvP and PvE gear/currency separate would be another decision to make; I'd lean towards universalizing them myself. You could have more variety of looks/stat mixes but these could all be purchased with currency you could earn from ANY endgame content, which seems cool to me.

3. Provide some kind of trade-in service where returning players could swap Battlemaster or War Hero gear for comparable lvl 50 non-expertise gear.

War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is actually pretty good under the bolster as BW removed the expertise stats from them. They could simply do that with BM/Champ/Recruit gear and everything would probably be fine.

On another note, although it is a pain replacing old PvP gear with bolster friendly stuff does not really take a great deal of time (I managed it in two-three days when I came back).

On yet another note the idea of universilizing gear is interesting. In GW2 PvE and PvP gear had all the same stat budgets and you could get any stat set you wanted by either path, while the only thing that changed was the appearance of the gear. I found it interesting that the players still were willing to grind for cosmetic differences and titles, even when they already had the best stats any gear gave.

Edited by Vodrin

I have been around from CB and bw absolutely has no idea and are far too lazy to fix this broken system. As players we have been shxt on and told it's working as intended. This game is on its last leg with the new mmos that are coming.

This game deserves to fail horribly along with bw, spend 200m on a game that does not even have the elements of games 10 yrs older. Open world pvp that was promised? Go grind more gear in pvp just to have level 46 pve gear out rank bis pvp gear with bolster.? What is wrong with you failsobs that work for bw.

And we the loyal consumers/players pay for this......slap us in the face more and see where your at in less than 1 yr.

War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is actually pretty good under the bolster as BW removed the expertise stats from them. They could simply do that with BM/Champ/Recruit gear and everything would probably be fine.

On another note, although it is a pain replacing old PvP gear with bolster friendly stuff does not really take a great deal of time (I managed it in two-three days when I came back).

On yet another note the idea of universilizing gear is interesting. In GW2 PvE and PvP gear had all the same stat budgets and you could get any stat set you wanted by either path, while the only thing that changed was the appearance of the gear. I found it interesting that the players still were willing to grind for cosmetic differences and titles, even when they already had the best stats any gear gave.

Good feedback. I didn't notice the War Hero not having expertise because I had previously swapped the mods from them into orange gear I liked better. What I have still has expertise.

Good feedback. I didn't notice the War Hero not having expertise because I had previously swapped the mods from them into orange gear I liked better. What I have still has expertise.

Make sure you check how many planetary comms you have. If you were running daily quests for money prior to leaving you will probably have a pile of these that can be used for level 58 purple mods. These bolster fully and give good enough stats to run PvE if you so desire. You can get them from the Makeb vendor in the supplies section of the fleet.