SWTOR forum legends - the famous and the infamous

kimdante

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Copperfield, but at some point you're gonna have to admit you aren't a legend, and the stories you make up about being good with women don't fool anyone. And BTW, if the story about you leaving your wife is true, you need a therapist. lol

Spoiler Alert:

Sir Copperfield is a parody of the self-important people who inhabit MMO's, not actually a self-important person.

copperfield is something of a troll, as he has, in the past, posted bad information and tried to pass it off as a 'joke', even to the point of causing official confusion on the forums as people who are unaware of his troll status take his information posts seriously and rage at the Developers because of his lies.

For whatever reason, he's gotten slack and second chances after posting his misleading 'joke' posts, but the wise know to simply slap him on ignore and disregard anything he has to say.

copperfield is something of a troll, as he has, in the past, posted bad information and tried to pass it off as a 'joke', even to the point of causing official confusion on the forums as people who are unaware of his troll status take his information posts seriously and rage at the Developers because of his lies.

For whatever reason, he's gotten slack and second chances after posting his misleading 'joke' posts, but the wise know to simply slap him on ignore and disregard anything he has to say.

I know; I was there at his infamous "naming" thread.

ok, you do know that Musco said no call outs right? Seriously you don't like him then fine you got a right to, still, don't just belligerently insult him like that on a forum post, that's not going to do anyone any good. You don't like him ignore him and move on don't make an angry post about it.

It's ok, this thread has mostly run its course anyways; EM is sure to delete it soon, but I have enjoyed it nonetheless.

ok, you do know that Musco said no call outs right? Seriously you don't like him then fine you got a right to, still, don't just belligerently insult him like that on a forum post, that's not going to do anyone any good. You don't like him ignore him and move on don't make an angry post about it.

Simply ignoring him won't get the thread locked/deleted though - throwing blatant insults at him, on the other hand:

1) Adds a legitimate "call-out" offense to a thread that was already toeing that line; and

2) Angers other people enough to potentially get them to throw insults back in return.

That combination is great for trying to derail a thread (although to be honest this thread left the tracks about 500 posts ago)

Edited by DarthDymond

Who said i was using it as an insult? You, and a few others did. Why? Because you automatically presumed i did (when I suggested someone has it) due to the fact you have something against people with mental illnesses.

It would be me saying something like "You are a homosexual", and then you go "HOW DARE YOU! That's very insulting!", when you could just say "No, you are mistaken, I am not a homosexual". The first one would mean you have a problem with homosexuality, just like you have a problem with autism..

That's one of the dumbest defenses I've ever read.

So if you were to call someone the N word, and someone else just happened to be African american, and they took offense to it... they innately have "something against" people of color? :confused:

Nice try.

Edited by kimdante

So if you were to call someone -snip-

And there's the coup de grace on the thread, as he has not only brought mental illness, religion and sexuality into it himself, he has now also gotten someone else to bring in race.

One person in the thread throwing insults and inappropriate content around will get his own posts deleted, once he gets other people to engage him on that level - that's when the thread itself gets locked/deleted.

Same principle as blatantly insulting someone to get others to start throwing insults of their own.

Edited by DarthDymond

So if you were to call someone the N word, and someone else just happened to be African american, and they took offense to it... they innately have "something against" people of color? :confused:

Nice try.

No because the N word is an offensive word.

Try harder :rolleyes:

Edited by Rileysoph

And there's the coup de grace on the thread, as he has not only brought mental illness and sexuality into it himself, he has now also gotten someone else to bring in race.

One person in the thread throwing insults and inappropriate content around will get his own posts deleted, once he gets other people to engage him on that level - that's when the thread itself gets locked/deleted.

Same principle as blatantly insulting someone to get others to start throwing insults of their own.

I'm presenting an example. Not insinuating or outright hurling insults at people.

Edited by kimdante

And there's the coup de grace on the thread, as he has not only brought mental illness, religion and sexuality into it himself, he has now also gotten someone else to bring in race.

I just said the thread is near-death.

Here you go, let's break it down.

First you imply that Andryah works for Bioware then you suggest that they have a disease to try and explain why you find fault with them.

You used Autism as an insult.

You can interpret it however you want, in your own personal opinion it's an insult, for others, it's not. :rolleyes:

So autism is a disease now? Do you even know what autism is? Take 10 minutes to read it on the internet and come back with a better, less insulting argument. You've just insulted every person who has autism.

And no, I was simply suggesting someone has autism. If confirmed, that way it would be easier for everyone to understand why a person acts a certain way.

Maybe you have something against people with autism. People like you are truly disgusting.

Edited by Rileysoph

So autism is a disease now? Do you even know what autism is? Take 10 minutes to read it on the internet and come back with a better, less insulting argument. You've just insulted every person who has autism.

And no, I was simply suggesting someone has autism. If confirmed, that way it would be easier for everyone to understand why a person acts a certain way.

Maybe you have something against people with autism. People like you are truly disgusting.

No it's a genetic disorder which affects countless children, adults, and their families in drastic ways, which makes your insult even worse than it is.

Edited by kimdante

I'm presenting an example. Not insinuating nor outright hurling insults at people.

Your intentions were good, I don't doubt that, but you still touched on a... well, "touchy" subject in a thread that was on the edge of acceptability to begin with.

Basically, you got baited and played into it.

You can interpret it however you want, in your own personal opinion it's an insult, for others, it's not. :rolleyes:

Why would I have anything against Autism, when I'm finding it offensive that you're using as an insult. Your logic is bad.