The best for PvE? Newbie want some help.

Siamara

Hello everyone

(Sorry, if my English is terrible.)

I am new to the game, have only played for a few weeks and have tried some different characters. My favorite, right now, is my Jedi concular, Shadow. It's only lvl 17 or so. I love the game and everyone is so helpful and open minded.

My problem is, I want to be good at PvE. I have reed all these guides, maths, models, trees etc....And I am so confused! So I need some help to understand some of these things.

First: What is best? Tank or DPS? I am most familiar with playing DPS, but I have reed that it is easier and better to play Tank as shadow?

second: My skill tree. I have no idea how to build it. I just read what they do, and then choose the one who sounds good. I definitely need some guidance.

thirdly: Gear. As mentioned, all those abbreviations confuses me and the only thing I do know, is that endurance and willpower is good. As a newbie, I still have to learn a lots of things. So what would you suggest I look for or should try to get?

fourth: rotations. I try to look at how much damage they do and cooldowns, but truth be told, I'm not good at it. Any suggestions is welcome.

Well, My character is only lvl 17, but I would also like to know what I should look for in the future, not just now. Anything, you think I should know or remember.

I know, I know there is a lot about it. I have already reed a lot of it. But I am confused and don't know what is the right one for me. If you don't want to keep repeating, then just direct me to the right links, thank you.

Thank you!

- Siamara

Hello everyone

(Sorry, if my English is terrible.)

I am new to the game, have only played for a few weeks and have tried some different characters. My favorite, right now, is my Jedi concular, Shadow. It's only lvl 17 or so. I love the game and everyone is so helpful and open minded.

My problem is, I want to be good at PvE. I have reed all these guides, maths, models, trees etc....And I am so confused! So I need some help to understand some of these things.

First: What is best? Tank or DPS? I am most familiar with playing DPS, but I have reed that it is easier and better to play Tank as shadow?

second: My skill tree. I have no idea how to build it. I just read what they do, and then choose the one who sounds good. I definitely need some guidance.

thirdly: Gear. As mentioned, all those abbreviations confuses me and the only thing I do know, is that endurance and willpower is good. As a newbie, I still have to learn a lots of things. So what would you suggest I look for or should try to get?

fourth: rotations. I try to look at how much damage they do and cooldowns, but truth be told, I'm not good at it. Any suggestions is welcome.

Well, My character is only lvl 17, but I would also like to know what I should look for in the future, not just now. Anything, you think I should know or remember.

I know, I know there is a lot about it. I have already reed a lot of it. But I am confused and don't know what is the right one for me. If you don't want to keep repeating, then just direct me to the right links, thank you.

Thank you!

- Siamara

heya man! and good pick :) Shadow is *********** fun! I play it since day1 :D

1. Well, relatively to performances of dps and tank, shadow tank actually si really good one of the best 3tanks thanks to the last buffs (but it lost its own characteristic) I always say that: Play what you LIKE. All classes are viable, shadows dps are FINE/GOOD for HMs too, don't worry about that. I often see players that ask "ooh my class will be good on pve? they will kick out my *** from raids? I will sux? which is the best dps class?" who cares? lay what you like, doing DPS is not just about class but also about player. there is just this factor to play shadow: difficulty to maximize dps, rotation is pretty easy, low number of skills to manage but it's hard to MIN/MAX the output.

Tank btw is an harder role than DPS..so..you will find a difficulty anyway.

2. Well a general "rule" about how to build a tree, just pick the minimun number of talent points to unlock the second tier (5 per row) and for balance and infiltration well just pick the best talents that give you dps increase. I usggest you to level as infiltration, more fun...quicker..you can skip easly etc.

3.U are still lvlling so..don't worry about gear too much but what i can suggest you to have always a good gear, take blue mods from fleet's vendors planet for planet with planetary commendations and put them into orange gear (that have sockte slots).

Armoring with willpower>Endurance

Mod with Endurance Willpower and crit

Enh with Endurance crit Surge

Pick also power instead crit just to don't overcap crit (that has pre 2.0 formula, so it stacks good)

4. Rotation..depends which tree u pick but here just see on end game guide.

5. try to play pvp also, it gives huge exp!

ps: if you play on the red ecplise you can whisp me @ Inox, if you are italian, tell me! :p

Edited by IInox

I'd also say that pick the role you want, don't let everyone else tell you what you should pick. It's major part of actually enjoying playing the class.

3.U are still lvlling so..don't worry about gear too much but what i can suggest you to have always a good gear, take blue mods from fleet's vendors planet for planet with planetary commendations and put them into orange gear (that have sockte slots).

Armoring with willpower>Endurance

Mod with Endurance Willpower and crit

Enh with Endurance crit Surge

Pick also power instead crit just to don't overcap crit (that has pre 2.0 formula, so it stacks good)

And for Infiltration (because it's a bit different) stat priority is this:

Willpower > Accuracy > Surge > Power > Crit rating

For tanking stack as much Endurance as you can, every other stat isn't as important as it is for tank Shadow. You aren't there to do damage after all.

Edited by Halinalle

I'd also say that pick the role you want, don't let everyone else tell you what you should pick. It's major part of actually enjoying playing the class.

For tanking stack as much Endurance as you can, every other stat isn't as important as it is for tank Shadow. You aren't there to do damage after all.

Largely, he'd want to stack Absorption. He should actually be looking to trade Endurance for Absorption, Shield and Defense every chance he gets, so long as its about an even trade.

nah who are a about accuracy while lvllling especially if you do pvp. Imho accuracy on lvllling is t so important. you can skip it.

Infiltration needs crit rating but not so much at 55 cause it's curve sux.

Largely, he'd want to stack Absorption. He should actually be looking to trade Endurance for Absorption, Shield and Defense every chance he gets, so long as its about an even trade.

Good point. I forgot that completely.

nah who are a about accuracy while lvllling especially if you do pvp. Imho accuracy on lvllling is t so important. you can skip it.

Infiltration needs crit rating but not so much at 55 cause it's curve sux.

Critical multiplier > Critical % for Infiltration, so Surge is more important.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.