The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

please nerf sorcs

AdmiralParmesan

TK sage / lightning sorc are totally OP. I would know - I play both. Why else would I do that? I'm actually getting pretty tired of owning people so easily. Smashers try in vain to get on top of me, but I throw them off then hit them with my myriad stuns / slows, heal myself, then continue tearing into them while they slowly crawl back towards me. Force armor makes me really hard to kil. It absorbs soooo much damage.

The other day there was this assassin that I was owning repeatedly lololol. He knocked me over and got me to 1/3 health in a few seconds before I could do anything, but joke's on him - I was able to run away lololol. Then I just healed myself back to full. He got me the second time, but can you believe that it took him two attempts to solo me? Lololol how fail is that, what a terrible class!!! They need a serious buff IMO.

---------

In all seriousness, I think balance is OK. I have solo'd smashers as a balance sage, but TK is really freakin bordering on impossible.

This is just a perception problem. Sorcs are not OP, marauders, PTs, snipers and op healers just need a buff.

For marauders I say force charge remove all armor from the sorc so he can get a good smash in.

For PTs definitely need to expand the range of flamethrower and make it a circle around him instead of a cone.

Op healers ... hmmm 30 second CD on debilitate? How can he possibly survive? It's not like ops can heal2full, so we need to make it 15 seconds, and nanotech should last the whole match on all 8 people.

As for snipers ... 3 words. "60m AoE root". No CD on it.

This should bring them up to the sorcs level.

You people are idiots. Sorcs are fine, the only change I can possibly see being implemented is the fact that Sages shoot rocks and Sorcs shoot lightning. They should change them to Force Marshmallows and Force Water Hose. That should take the edge off all the one shotting Sorcs and Sages do.

Oh and instead of Marauders getting a force leap, they should have the ability to fly and just dive bomb people double saber style. #Nerfsorcs2014

Edited by Nickyfazzo

WHAT?!!!?!!!!!

Taunts and interrupts???!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!!!!

MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE THEM ON QUICK BARS! You want them to go to Abilites menu each time, find the interupt/taunt and use it?

Nononono!!! The ability to destroy bubble needs to be applied to normal attacks, maybe with a cumulative proc chance of 30% per attack to dispel the Barrier. We can't bother people with using more abilites! Sheeesh, you overcomplicate things man... (Of course Singularity would count as proc stacks for this purpose allowing Force tree users aka "Smashers" to ignore Barrier's annoying effects).

Also, running away freeely? Are you crazy? If you are hit while running you should stumble! Wasting another ability to interrupt is another fiendish attempt to in fact buff the sorcerer by tricking poor predators to using an ability that they don't have on their quick bar! This clever rouse will not work! I demand that if a sorcerer is hit while trying to run unnaturally fast he needs to Stumble. This would be a stun equal to Force Push in its effect except you will slide a few meters on ground a short distance instead of flying. Also there is no need for the resolve to kick in as this condition you impart on yourself and you shouldn't get a benefit for playing stupidly. Furthermore it is a common sense that after such unnatural strain to your body you will be catching breatch and can't perform as you would normally. Use of Force Speed should therefore end with Catching Breath debuff. It's effects would be similar to recent rakghoul disease Stage 2. Chance to be incapacitated every few seconds until you die. Of course there can not be a vaccine to catching breath, can it? If you want to run around roll a strength-based class. Sorcerers are not about physical after all!!!

(Loved the OP as you can see :) )

WHAT?!!!?!!!!!

Taunts and interrupts???!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!!!!

MOST PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE THEM ON QUICK BARS! You want them to go to Abilites menu each time, find the interupt/taunt and use it?

Nononono!!! The ability to destroy bubble needs to be applied to normal attacks, maybe with a cumulative proc chance of 30% per attack to dispel the Barrier. We can't bother people with using more abilites! Sheeesh, you overcomplicate things man... (Of course Singularity would count as proc stacks for this purpose allowing Force tree users aka "Smashers" to ignore Barrier's annoying effects).

Also, running away freeely? Are you crazy? If you are hit while running you should stumble! Wasting another ability to interrupt is another fiendish attempt to in fact buff the sorcerer by tricking poor predators to using an ability that they don't have on their quick bar! This clever rouse will not work! I demand that if a sorcerer is hit while trying to run unnaturally fast he needs to Stumble. This would be a stun equal to Force Push in its effect except you will slide a few meters on ground a short distance instead of flying. Also there is no need for the resolve to kick in as this condition you impart on yourself and you shouldn't get a benefit for playing stupidly. Furthermore it is a common sense that after such unnatural strain to your body you will be catching breatch and can't perform as you would normally. Use of Force Speed should therefore end with Catching Breath debuff. It's effects would be similar to recent rakghoul disease Stage 2. Chance to be incapacitated every few seconds until you die. Of course there can not be a vaccine to catching breath, can it? If you want to run around roll a strength-based class. Sorcerers are not about physical after all!!!

(Loved the OP as you can see :) )

Force speed should end with Catching Breath debuff. I LoL'ed