Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Players Stealing My Kill Causing it to Evade Me

Kranitoko

So for all I know, this might happen a lot.

But earlier this week (and I probably should have posted on the forums about it then), I was on SWTOR killing one of the level 50 fungals (that drops the DNA). I'm a Sith Marauder btw. I was killing a fungal and I was about half way done when all of a sudden 2 people came along. One person waited by where the fungal hangs around and the other somehow took aggro (feel free to call me weak in the fact I couldn't keep the aggro). He actually pulled the fungal away from me, which CAUSED IT TO EVADE from me..........

I'd lost my kill, and then I went back and there they were attacking it.

I mean... what the hell?

They had a whole tunnel to find a fungal, but they had to do that.

It's stupid because this is a new way that kills can be stolen (I say new, again it might happen a lot)

This really should be fixed. They weren't in a group with me, so it really should be set that when someone is not in my group, they cannot steal aggro.

You could argue, well what about the stragglers that help when you're low on health... well if I die, I'm obviously weak to fight it. I mean they can still damage it, just not take aggro

ha I remember a few nights ago me and this group on the harbinger were basically playing aggro war over the WB, shellshock, trying to get to reset. The pubs started that crap after they failed the first time. It was funny at first but I don't see why they insisted so much on that one spawn when they could have just found another one, and it was bit on the douchy side but what you going to do.

All you had to do was follow them (seriously...you are a marauder...you should already be running faster than everyone else in combat (dot spec is only for bosses...ataru for everything else) coupled with a throw snare, leg cut snare, and a leap and forced mez...they should never have been able to drag it so far that you lost the ability to hit it.

Yes...if they jump to a spot enemies cannot get to and taunt it can cause an evade but if you don't stop swinging it won't reset and will default back to agro onto you.

If they found some other way to force an evasion (really sit down and think about it, where did they stand? what skills did they use?...yes you should know their skills by what effects you are seeing) it could drastically improve their ability to prevent it in the future.

This really should be fixed. They weren't in a group with me, so it really should be set that when someone is not in my group, they cannot steal aggro.

You could argue, well what about the stragglers that help when you're low on health... well if I die, I'm obviously weak to fight it. I mean they can still damage it, just not take aggro

I understand your problem and I agree that this kind of behaviour is wrong. However, I disagree with your proposed solution. Earlier, I and some other guy saved a lower level player from one of the straying cats in front of the spike. He was way too low to fight it and was running away from it. I taunted it off him (so if he actually didn't want to get help, though I doubted it, he would at least still be able to attack it while I would be doing nothing) and the other guy attacked the cat.

In those cases, taunting off another player's mob can be helpful and important.

ha I remember a few nights ago me and this group on the harbinger were basically playing aggro war over the WB, shellshock, trying to get to reset. The pubs started that crap after they failed the first time. It was funny at first but I don't see why they insisted so much on that one spawn when they could have just found another one, and it was bit on the douchy side but what you going to do.

Lol, similar situation happened on the same server with me. It actually might have been the same instance you were referring to. However, I think the issue was that we had the boss, the imp party taunted it to evade, and then we tried to do the same, back and forth, until we gave up and just let the imps take our boss.

All you had to do was follow them (seriously...you are a marauder...you should already be running faster than everyone else in combat

I did... it still evaded... else I wouldn't of complained.

Once the enemy goes far from its spawn point, it evades... unless its an instance or an op.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.