Realised how lucky I am

scarlet_magpie

Reading some people's posts about grouping and being kicked for low HP, not knowing tacts etc

I have joined every flashpoint or Op group without ever having any knowlegde of bosses and tactics wetc and have always had fights calmly explained to me so I can muck in, do my job and get through as part of the team.

Reading some people's experiences I have really been very lucky so far!

No point to post really, just letting those who have had crummy experiences that I'm not taking my comfortable ride for granted!!

Reading some people's posts ...

Those posts are as usual the vocal minority. Most groups do not even look at your HP and only start inspecting your stuff, if the HP is ridiculously low.

Granted, when I do an asa or darvannis commendation SM run, and I see people with less than 25k hp in it, I am likely to ask "Who doesn't know the op?" instead of the usual "I assume, everyone does know the OP?".

I admit, that not having to explain the bosses is a real kicker, but I do not grow any more grey hair, if I explain the boss mechanics for a hundreth time.

Also I have seen "OP newbies" (=seen the OP for the first time ever) perform much better than people with 40k HP on their DD.... HP is not everything.

What I really hate though are people who volunteer for a spot in a HM op and who do NOT know the SM mechanics of the same op.

Reading some people's posts about grouping and being kicked for low HP, not knowing tacts etc

As someone else said, this is a vocal minority. You're not lucky, that small group of people just really want everyone to know the "injustices" they've been through.

Well I've just returned after a year hiatus. I haven't played since legacy patch/1.3 and I joined the group queue last night for the first time. I ended up playing with 3 different groups same healer for all of them and we did nine flashpoints. Not only was everyone nice and patient people passed on gear they actually needed and allowed me to take it as I was only in rakata gear with some blackhole pieces mixed in. They also explained lost island for me without any problems as I only ran that fp a couple times before I quit. Though I would imagine ops groups would be kind of different since it does take more paying attention and knowing what you're doing to not fail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.