Best levelling class

Tahls

Avoid trooper and Consular, because their stories aren't the best (although I enjoyed the Consular after chapter one finished), some would say the same for the Knight story. Agent has the best story, but I struggled with my Operative (Sniper may or may not be easier), so probably not the best for leveling either.

Which leaves Smuggler, Sith Warior, Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and possibly Jedi Knight (depending on whether onyone actually says avoid (I technically didn't)). The list is slightly Imperial heavy, but them's the breaks.

Gunslinger/Commando Sniper/mercenary are the fastest levelling specs. You can mow groups of mobs down at range and pretty easily solo 2+ quests, and just keep going with little to no downtime.

However, i would suggest playing something that is fun. Not what levels fast. You might get a lvl 55 in a few days, but thats useless if you hate the class.

Only have full story experience (Main Story, not Makeb) with Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior.

SI was my first toon, and with this being my first MMO, I would probably say this was the most enjoyable to level with. Went with a Assassin DPS.

I really did enjoy the SW story. Especially being able to make fun of Baras on a daily basis. Being a Jugg/Immortal made the actual level experience a little bit longer.

With my JK/Sentinel I found myself skipping through certain parts, mainly because I wanted to hit 50 to do OPS with my guild.. but I did enjoy the final couple Chapters surrounding the Emperor!

I do have a 55 Jedi Consular/Sage. Stopped doing story line quests on Hoth and had a big PvP craving/powered through Makeb on release night to hit 55.. I might go back and finish the story or I may just make a Shadow.. Consular story line has been the least enjoyable for me so far..

Not sure which class will be my next to level, but I created a Bounty Hunter and an Imperial Agent.

Overall the Imperial side has had a way better story line, IMO, for leveling.

Avoid trooper and Consular, because their stories aren't the best (although I enjoyed the Consular after chapter one finished), some would say the same for the Knight story. Agent has the best story, but I struggled with my Operative (Sniper may or may not be easier), so probably not the best for leveling either.

You should add that this is just your own personal opinion.

I suggest going for a trooper: fast leveling AND great storyline. :)

I suggest going for a trooper: fast leveling AND great storyline. :)

Heard a lot of good things about the Trooper story line. Each time I create a Trooper, there's just something about Ord Mantel that grinds my gears the wrong way and I end up stopping before I leave the planet. But I really want to make one, my guild has been talking about an all Havoc Squad OPS run for a while now..

I enjoyed every story in the toons I've played so far. Being a subscriber, I had 12 character slots and bought 4 more for a total of 16. 2 of each Class, 1 for each Advanced Class.

I completed my Male Sith Inquisitor / Sorcerer First. The character was hard to play with as I died a lot and then friends I have in real life joined me in game. I served in a guild as a healer and did pretty well, thanks to my friends. Now my SI helps my other alts by collecting commendations and using them to buy armor and mods for my alts and 1 companion.

The next and Second alt was my Male Jedi Knight / Sentinel. A dual light saber wielding power house was how I felt with him. I was able to complete the character without my friends' help, which made me feel good. This toon taught me that if you and a companion have fully modifiable gear, keep them leveled up every 3-4 levels, you'll go far.

The next and Third alt was my Male Sith Warrior / Marauder. He is the polar opposite of the Jedi Knight - - a Dual wielding power house. Again the lesson learned was that if I have a DPS or Tank, use a healing companion. If I am a healer, use a DPS or a Tank and maintain their armoring. How you roll your characters and companions is strictly your choice, of course.

My Fourth alt went back to healing as a Female Jedi Consular / Sage. Using Nadia Grell as a companion, and maintaining their armors, She did pretty well, and I was able to lend my skills to aid others instead of being in need of rescue.

Now I am working on my Fifth alt, a Bounty Hunter / Powertech. I love this character. She is beautiful, powerful, and strong. I like Mako as a healer, but her constant repeating of her very few catch-phrases is annoying. I'm thinking seriously of switching to Treek.

All in all, I enjoyed every story, ending and end game content. Everyone's opinions will vary, but I do enjoy a good story and I try to find redeeming qualities even in the less good ones. I enjoyed them all though.

The point is that I didn't really find one class any better than the other. I struggled with healers but, I am older, wiser, and more experienced in my 1st MMO. I love them all. I want to encourage you to remain open-minded about all of your characters.

Learn from my lessons, and your characters will level up just fine and you may enjoy every adventure. Take care.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.