The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Watching star wars with my daughter for the first time

Kane_Ren

Only seen 4 and 5 together, watching them on Blu-ray. She is only 12 and I'm so proud. She noticed the part where Han almost pulled the stormtroopers helmet off after the torture scene. She spotted that Vader's blade switched from red to pink (dual crystal red/magenta blade maybe?) in the same scene. The absolute best part - "The jedi are a bunch of liars, Obi Wan lied about Luke's father and Yoda lied about who he was, the bad guys told the truth"

My daughter is awesome, and possibly sith.

Then again... there is something oddly gratifying about seeing kids freak the hell out when they see the hero of the series turn evil and it isn't just a temporary case of "he's brainwashed, but Obi-Wan and Padme will save him with the power of friendship at the end!"

But realistically, Star Wars is so pop culture that it's virtually impossible to keep them sheltered from Darth Vader's identity. You have a better chance of convincing your kid that Samus Aran is a man.

But realistically, Star Wars is so pop culture that it's virtually impossible to keep them sheltered from Darth Vader's identity. You have a better chance of convincing your kid that Samus Aran is a man.

Take for example the episode in the animated Clone Wars series with the Celestials. The Dark Brother, or whatever his name was, gave Anakin a glimpse into his possible future showing him he would turn into Darth Vader.

And wait a minute... you're telling me Samus Aran is a female?! Might as well try convincing me the guy with the sword in the Zelda games name isn't Zelda...

Op your daughter is definitely Sith, & might I add you've done a very fine job raising your little dark Lord! Lol

My kids first SW movie was ep1, and it was jar jar that got em hooked (they were 6 & 7yrs old at the time). But it was the clone wars (cartoon) movie that cemented them in the universe.

My daughter is not yet quite 18 months old. A few months ago I noticed she seemed to really like the lightsabers and sounds while I had her in my lap playing KOTOR 2 and since I've been playing SWTOR she really likes certain parts, mostly when I'm running around fighting stuff or travelling on a speeder or playing GSF. T701's sound effects seem to get a response also and she likes Treek.

I was watching one of the movies (it was either Return or the one where the Jedi Temple gets desecrated, don't remember) and she was absolutely enthralled which is very unusual for her at this age. She seems to really enjoy the lightsabers and their sounds (just like me I suppose) and when I log off she even waves and says bye bye to my Jedi.

I think she's off to a good start! A little bit more and its time to see if she likes the movies.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I'm a fan of machete order myself: 4, 5, 2, 3, 6
That's how I watched it last time, well I only watched ROTS because I didn't have that much time.

EDIT: Damn, I just read the hold thing and that is an awesome viewing order. I need to to that sometime, heck I need to find so kids and make that watch it! *I promise I won't abduct anyone, promise.*

Edited by Beniboybling