Race

cantstopmeh

After coming back to the game after a year, I noticed a new race...cat people. Why? Of ALL the races in the SW universe, do you pick, the most generic. I mean from animation to books, to almost every other sifi setting you can find.... gusse what cat people.

The voss on the other hand.... Unique to the storyline, and would make sense for a split faction race. Yes not a wokiee or a jaws or a sandperson or something really incorporated into the previously known SW story line. BUT CATPEOPLE FFS. TROLL SMASH!

After coming back to the game after a year, I noticed a new race...cat people. Why? Of ALL the races in the SW universe, do you pick, the most generic. I mean from animation to books, to almost every other sifi setting you can find.... gusse what cat people.

The voss on the other hand.... Unique to the storyline, and would make sense for a split faction race. Yes not a wokiee or a jaws or a sandperson or something really incorporated into the previously known SW story line. BUT CATPEOPLE FFS. TROLL SMASH!

Not sure what your point here was - it's not like they will undo "cat people" and institute a different race instead. So complaining about something that happened in the past seems, at best, counter productive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cathar

And as someone else has said it is already in the game and they very unlikely to remove it.

There was also a poll that voted Cathar the most people wanted. That poll was done just prior to launch and I think there were other polls done after that as well.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Everyone has different tastes. I'm not for the cat people either, I wouldn't have chosen them as the first new race myself, but then I wouldn't pick the Voss either. I don't care for them as a species, they're condescending, self superior and lazy lol. I still remember the time a 7 foot tall commando goes and asks my iddy biddy slip of a toon to go and kill the great big mean monsters and to take out the nasty neighbours lol. Tbh, I prefer the Gormak to the Voss. I'd wished we had an option to ally with them instead.

Anyhow that opinion aside, if I were going to pick races to add to this game, I'd pick togruta, nautolans, and um...what were they called...the um...Ithorians I think it was. The ones that look like a beedy eyed shoe horn. Those. :D And Welcome back btw!

Edited by Lunafox

Your brethren who were around at the time, a year and a half ago voted the Cathar as the race they wanted most. Bioware delivered. So this is your fault for not voting, or voting Cathar. GG.

/Agree.

OP, you left... a lot of players expressed a desire for the Cathar race to be added..Bioware added the race. /get_over_it IMO.

Maybe if you stick around this time, you can influence the forum opinion on a particular race that you do like. ;)

You're all putting me to sleep. What an original race to pick. What's next dogmen......I would have liked to see that list. Probably a quick multiple choice. A). Cather B). Cather C) . Gungan D). Anything else would be better, it's a damn shame about the cat people; the pick ANY sifi flick/book/ any format, lets play 6 degrees as to how CATPEOPLE suck.

You're all putting me to sleep. What an original race to pick. What's next dogmen......I would have liked to see that list. Probably a quick multiple choice. A). Cather B). Cather C) . Gungan D). Anything else would be better, it's a damn shame about the cat people; the pick ANY sifi flick/book/ any format, lets play 6 degrees as to how CATPEOPLE suck.

Sorry the hatred isn't vehement enough for you. I already said I didn't care for them. Not really sure what you hoped to achieve. Let's hope that they give us a new and more amazing race soon, cause maker knows, they need to do something besides daily grinds that cause people a multitude of issues and mediocre pvp flight sims.

What they really need is...to extend individual class and companion stories. Now that...is something worth fighting for :D

Sorry the hatred isn't vehement enough for you. I already said I didn't care for them. Not really sure what you hoped to achieve. Let's hope that they give us a new and more amazing race soon, cause maker knows, they need to do something besides daily grinds that cause people a multitude of issues and mediocre pvp flight sims.

What they really need is...to extend individual class and companion stories. Now that...is something worth fighting for :D

New races don't help your cause, and one could argue they wouldn't help any of the faults this games has either.

And you're right, the OP is not trying to achieve anything, just a babbling rant.

New races don't help your cause, and one could argue they wouldn't help any of the faults this games has either.

And you're right, the OP is not trying to achieve anything, just a babbling rant.

Oh, I know. :) It just wouldn't be me if I didn't stick that part in and try at least.

Indeed.

Gotta give you props for what you are passionate about. :)

Hey, I like what I like, and I'm a big believer in extending the stories, it would really make things exciting and fun again here. And like the OP expressed, some new races wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Lunafox

The worst thing was Bioware told us that if it sold well they would bring in more species.

So like many other folks I bought it without any intention of ever having a Cathar, months down the line there has been no movement on any new species. Bioware really showed us what their word meant more fool us I suppose for believing them in the first place.

The worst thing was Bioware told us that if it sold well they would bring in more species.

So like many other folks I bought it without any intention of ever having a Cathar, months down the line there has been no movement on any new species. Bioware really showed us what their word meant more fool us I suppose for believing them in the first place.

It's no secret I don't like the Cathar race myself, but I did buy the option too, just to support the idea of bringing out new races, in the hopes it would help the cause. It would be great if they had something new come out soon in terms of race, classes and of course my beloved IndiClass/Comp stories. :D

PS. And more character slots on my chosen server. I'm maxed out and I like it there. If we're willing to buy, I don't see why we couldn't get another..oh...say 3-5 slots. :D

It's no secret I don't like the Cathar race myself, but I did buy the option too, just to support the idea of bringing out new races, in the hopes it would help the cause. It would be great if they had something new come out soon in terms of race, classes and of course my beloved IndiClass/Comp stories. :D

PS. And more character slots on my chosen server. I'm maxed out and I like it there. If we're willing to buy, I don't see why we couldn't get another..oh...say 3-5 slots. :D

That's a terrible idea, why would you support a idea you don't like? If Bio did what they were supposed to do and created "species" that people would enjoy rolling, the show them support. Make a stand man! That's like going to the doctor for chemo and instead he gives you a cat... That has explosive diarrhea, and the taste for human meat. You wouldn't support that. And as an imp player I see the cathar for what they are, vermin, file infested vermin.

That's a terrible idea, why would you support a idea you don't like? If Bio did what they were supposed to do and created "species" that people would enjoy rolling, the show them support. Make a stand man! That's like going to the doctor for chemo and instead he gives you a cat... That has explosive diarrhea, and the taste for human meat. You wouldn't support that. And as an imp player I see the cathar for what they are, vermin, file infested vermin.

They did ask. Cathar won by a large margin.

Yes, it was a real idiot move on Bioware's part to add the one people wanted the most. What were they thinking? :confused:

If the choice was down to Cathar and Voss though I'm pretty sure who'd get my vote and it wouldn't be the lazy, backwater, superstitious, xenophobic douchebags with beehives in their eyes and all of 2 paintjobs between them.

Edited by Pscyon

The reason I bought the species was because I wanted to show bioware, that them giving us new species/races is a good thing, and to keep 'em coming. I never had any intention of ever playing one, because I'm mostly dark side Sith/Imp and I've no use for Cathar either. What I did in reality, has no impact on my game.

KotOR spoilers ahead.

The original KotOR had a Cathar major character in it, a fallen (and optionally redeemed) Jedi named Juhani who you could bring in as your companion. Are you actually going to complain about Cathar showing up in SWTOR?

Thanks.You just spoiled it for me.I was going to play for the umpteen time but always thought Juhani was in the need of a shave is all.

KotOR spoilers ahead.

The original KotOR had a Cathar major character in it, a fallen (and optionally redeemed) Jedi named Juhani who you could bring in as your companion. Are you actually going to complain about Cathar showing up in SWTOR?

Rosebud was actually his sledge.

Bruce Willis' character in the Sixth Sense is dead.

Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker.

Superman is Clark Kent.

That's how you do it, dude. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Hey, I like what I like, and I'm a big believer in extending the stories, it would really make things exciting and fun again here. And like the OP expressed, some new races wouldn't hurt either.

Yea... Because that's what Swtor needs. More storyline.... And more cutscenes..... And more voice acting..... That's what I was thinking the other day, a glorious day of pub stomping; "Hey! This could really use some dialogue"

-From Facetious