The Dye System

ChaChaLoco

Please fix the Dye system, here is how you do it;

Remove all "XXX and XXX" dyes, and simply keep the "XXX Dye", one dye module for each type of colour, for example;

Light Red Dye

Red Dye

Dark Red Dye

Light Grey Dye

Grey Dye

Dark Grey Dye

Et cetera.

Then edit the Dye Module so it has two plugin slots that players can put Dye into.

The first slot is for the Primary Colour, the second slot is for the Secondary Colour.

Thus players can achieve a "Black and Red Dye" and/or a "Red and Black Dye" by simply acquiring one "Black Dye" and one "Red Dye".

Simple. Solved. Please implement.

Thanks for reading.

Not a bad Idea, I doubt they would do it because Dyes are a huge cash sink, (recently redyed my Recovered Hero's Armour to light Blue and Light Yellow, really changed the look), and they want cash sinks in the game.

And if they did do it, then the prices for individual colours would rise (3million for a black dye for example).

Plus some people want to apply Themed Dyes (Camo Dye for example) and this would require them to take the colour system in the other directionl

But as I said, not a bad idea, it would work.

Not a bad Idea, I doubt they would do it because Dyes are a huge cash sink, (recently redyed my Recovered Hero's Armour to light Blue and Light Yellow, really changed the look), and they want cash sinks in the game.

And if they did do it, then the prices for individual colours would rise (3million for a black dye for example).

Plus some people want to apply Themed Dyes (Camo Dye for example) and this would require them to take the colour system in the other directionl

But as I said, not a bad idea, it would work.

I see no reason why they couldn't implement Camo dyes and other special "themed" dyes via the Cartel Market, and just have the basic colour dyes follow the system I described above.

But then it would be too easy, OP.

They want people to be checking the CM each day to see if black/black dye is on there. And they want it to be rare because then it holds more value - in coins and creds and status.

It's like saying it would be better if we could just buy all the raklings from a vendor for 2k credits each. Well, of course that would be easier to get, but would it be better?

The current dye system is just to make money.

If they really cared it would have been made like this:

Primary/Secondary/Tertiary

You could buy each dye seperately (not gambling for the dye you want or GTN)

And would include a wide range of colours from the get go

Please fix the Dye system, here is how you do it;

Remove all "XXX and XXX" dyes, and simply keep the "XXX Dye", one dye module for each type of colour, for example;

Light Red Dye

Red Dye

Dark Red Dye

Light Grey Dye

Grey Dye

Dark Grey Dye

Et cetera.

Then edit the Dye Module so it has two plugin slots that players can put Dye into.

The first slot is for the Primary Colour, the second slot is for the Secondary Colour.

Thus players can achieve a "Black and Red Dye" and/or a "Red and Black Dye" by simply acquiring one "Black Dye" and one "Red Dye".

Simple. Solved. Please implement.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, PLEASE this is an awesome idea!

Out of curiosity the other day I was shopping around in the GTN trying to find some nice 2 color dye modules, and found that nearly all of them either clash, or are simply unattractive color combinations taken to the extremes.. I joked with a friend that the colorist dev must be color-blind (no offense meant to those of you that are actually color blind) I mean, things like pink and yellow, or vermillion and lime green are pretty gag-inducing. ^^u

I support the OP, and have in fact recommended this several times before.

This makes more sense as an approach, but actually would recommend 3 dye slots:

1) Primary (main area color)

2) Secondary (smaller area color)

3) Thirtiary (Embroidery color)

If you look at many of the newer outfits, you can color the primary and seondary, yet the embroidery and built in jewelry can not be colored, as changing gold colored to silver and what not.

Sue

• 1 month later...

The dye system is designed so badly that it's painfully obvious for anyone to see it's a cash grab. It wasn't designed with "let's make the game better" in mind, but rather "how can we sort of give people what they want but make as much money as possible out of it?"

It's frustrating as all hell.

Edited by Blowwtorch