The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

One time use Legacy Locker

illgot

Legacy Lockers are single use items that have six slots and anything can be placed into the locker and mailed to any character in your legacy. Once opened and any items are removed, the item binds to that character.

This is useful for transferring old raid gear to alts or event items to one character.

Cost can be somewhere around 500 CC for one Legacy Locker.

Edited by illgot

Legacy Lockers are single use items that have six slots and anything can be placed into the locker and mailed to any character in your legacy. Once opened and any items are removed, the item binds to that character.

This is useful for transferring old raid gear to alts or event items to one character.

Cost can be somewhere around 500 CC for one Legacy Locker.

I don't understand this concept at all. When something is Bind on Pickup, it's intended to be bound to that character permanently, not mailed to their alt. Also, what does this have to do with event items? They're mostly bound to legacy already.

I don't understand this concept at all. When something is Bind on Pickup, it's intended to be bound to that character permanently, not mailed to their alt. Also, what does this have to do with event items? They're mostly bound to legacy already.

1) it is an option for people who are willing to spend money to transfer items they already earned.

2) a lot of event items are bound to a specific character

Well again, if you get an item that's bound to a specific character, it's intended to be bound to that character.

I love this idea. Every next gen MMO is talking about how there is going to be account wide options for inventory because many developers understand that if you earn something on one character, why keep it separate from other characters?

If we followed your line of thought of not changing anything just because the game didn't start out that way... well SWTOR would have closed down a year after launch.

Here is the issue with your logic, the ability to transfer most items already exists in game. If you have legacy bound equipment you can already transfer any mods you wish. The only items we can not current move around are bound items like armor shells and some event items like Rakghoul DNA Canisters etc.

Giving players the ability to purchase a single use item that allows us to transfer items that have absolutely no impact on another players game play while also giving Bioware an opportunity to make money, I don't see an issue here.

Edited by DarkMontie

I love this idea. Every next gen MMO is talking about how there is going to be account wide options for inventory because many developers understand that if you earn something on one character, why keep it separate from other characters?

If we followed your line of thought of not changing anything just because the game didn't start out that way... well SWTOR would have closed down a year after launch.

Here is the issue with your logic, the ability to transfer most items already exists in game. If you have legacy bound equipment you can already transfer any mods you wish. The only items we can not current move around are bound items like armor shells and some event items like Rakghoul DNA Canisters etc.

Giving players the ability to purchase a single use item that allows us to transfer items that have absolutely no impact on another players game play while also giving Bioware an opportunity to make money, I don't see an issue here.

The only reason you can transfer bound mods using legacy shells is because it has never been fixed. That certainly was not intended, but bioware is smart enough to know that there will be a huge uproar if they do fix it. Allowing players to easily transfer any item from one character to another will further the idea that only a few players currently have of the game being pay to win.

The only reason you can transfer bound mods using legacy shells is because it has never been fixed. That certainly was not intended, but bioware is smart enough to know that there will be a huge uproar if they do fix it. Allowing players to easily transfer any item from one character to another will further the idea that only a few players currently have of the game being pay to win.

I have never heard that the devs were against people transferring mods via legacy gear. I can not find a single dev quote stating anything about it.

SWTOR has evolved, all games are starting to evolve past World of Warcraft and one of the issues game developers of next gen games are admitting is that having multiple characters separated from each other in equipment and supplies is out dated.

The ability to purchase an item in the cartel market which allows players to transfer equipment earned on one character to another is not even close to pay to win since all items can be placed on the gtn and none of the items give players top end equipment or abilities.

I would pay for this because I don't see a legacy based bank showing up any time soon.

Edited by DarkMontie