The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Symbiote Rakling ...thanks for nothing

Vis-Tecum

after taking 6 months of farming lost island and having to compete with 3 other players each time for the RNG midnight rakling, some troll dev decides to add another rakling pet for RNG but this time decides to make it a rare drop from a temporary event boss with a weekly lock out that you have to compete with 8 - 16 other players for 1 RNG item. that just seems sadistic and like some moron dev is laughing while making troll faces at the players participating in the event, completing content, but not being rewarded.

there is not one single reward for completing any quest chains in this event or the bounty week, just currency to grind. why do devs think mmo has to mean do this 190 times and if you're lucky maybe you might get something shiny for it.

so thanks for nothing, because that's what you get for participating in swtor events and completing quests / objectives... nothing

didn't all of you get your special snowflake titles, don't you feel special enough already? can we stop with the artificial rare crap and just get rewards for kills and completion like there is a reason to be playing and participating in content

Edited by Vis-Tecum

You must not be a big pet collector then. I just whispered the player who got the pet from our group and was able to buy it off of him for 3 million credits, which is a small sum compared to some other pets. They cannot create rare items if every player is able to get them so easily, you just have to know how much you want it. Edited by Jerba

That's some mighty QQ there. I'm honestly not even sure what your issue is. You...don't want to farm things? Or you do want to farm things but not things that are similar?

Very basically he doesn't want rare items in the game. If something is available it should be in high-supply and freely available to all who want.

Adding an item that has a tiny drop rate and then you're forced to compete with 7 or 15 others (akin to the Red Sphere) is unacceptable.

Very basically he doesn't want rare items in the game. If something is available it should be in high-supply and freely available to all who want.

Adding an item that has a tiny drop rate and then you're forced to compete with 7 or 15 others (akin to the Red Sphere) is unacceptable.

In other words... he wants the opposite of what so many other MMO players want and crave -----> hard earned bragging rights. He appears to want free bragging rights. :D

More seriously.. I think he is just frustrated at getting spanked so badly by /random and wants to blame someone.. and devs are low hanging fruit for blame in MMO forums.

Sorry OP, but MMO bragging rights and showing off is as old as MMOs. You cannot take it away, just because you did not get the little bauble you so very much want and crave. You have to work for it, and overcome the great /random variable and player competition that is definitive of MMOs. Single player game, where everything is yours, sounds like it would be more fulfilling for you.

Edited by Andryah

LOL you mean like the pale and crimson raklings that are no longer rare and easier to attain then the symbiote rakling is. not to mention all the other "rare" pets and items that are no longer "rare" and easily bought on the GTN.

heaven forbid someone think that doing the entire event quest chain [if you can call it that] and boss kill should receive a reward that doesn't involve grinding rep, currency and purchasing it from a vendor or RNG and a winning roll

lol at mmo players impressed by fake rare RNG items ...and then try to act superior :D

Rare items are a part of the game. This applies to any MMO.

So... "this is not the game you are looking for. Move along. Move along."

its less about rare and more about not being rewarded at all for content except currency but I don't want to get in the way of all the epeen in this thread so continue to only comment about its "rarity" or you can just "move along" :rolleyes:

the original rakghoul event rewarded you the crimson rakling and then let you choose to grind out currency for the pale, even the gree event had the scout droid as the reward for participation in a quest and the rarer destroyer RNG pet for those who wanted to go after something rare, this event is all just grinding currency there is no reward for completion and the eyeless would have been the perfect place to be rewarded for the event, kind of like oricon and the tauntaun when you complete the quest chain

Edited by Vis-Tecum

You're getting a little on the condescending side there. Some people enjoy the MMO aspect of having rare drops and having items, pets, gear, mounts, etc that are rare, period. A thing isn't rare when it's a guaranteed drop. They have even improved the odds of being able to get some of the rarer items and achievements for this event, but they still aren't 100% and shouldn't be.

I'm sorry that you wish this were single player, but it's not, and you're not guaranteed to be able to achieve everything there is to achieve. That may not be how you want things, but that's how it is, so try to be a little more constructive in your commentary next time and less degrading to those who don't share your point of view. You are not entitled to everything in life, nor in MMOs.

again why does that mean there is no reward for completing content other then currency? would a rakling pet rewarded just for participation in the event take away from the rare drops and RNG? they added 4 new rakling pets, why would it have been so wrong to you awesome mmo elites too just give 1 as a reward for completion with out a rep and currency cost? especially for lower level characters who cant really grind out the canisters

what would be the problem if there were 2 pets on the rep vendor, 1 low tier rep 1 high tier rep. one RNG random pet drop from grinding fungal rakghoul kills [still has to be done in a group and would still have to get lucky with RNG and win the roll just not be gated by a weekly lock out] and one for completing the event's quest chain? other then the awesome hardon mmo players crave to feel supiorior in a video game

Edited by Vis-Tecum

again why does that mean there is no reward for completing content other then currency? would a rakling pet rewarded just for participation in the event take away from the rare drops and RNG? they added 4 new rakling pets, why would it have been so wrong to you awesome mmo elites too just give 1 as a reward for completion with out a rep and currency cost? especially for lower level characters who cant really grind out the canisters

Because this time they chose not to. Maybe next time they will, no big deal. Would it be nice? Sure. Would I like to get one? Sure. Will I get one? Most likely not. But then I don't ever expect to get one, so I'm not disappointed when I don't get one.

Because this time they chose not to. Maybe next time they will, no big deal. Would it be nice? Sure. Would I like to get one? Sure. Will I get one? Most likely not. But then I don't ever expect to get one, so I'm not disappointed when I don't get one.

again that's why I brought it up. but I guess that is sooo offensive to the mmo gestapo. the gree event is mostly rep rewards, the bounty week has no rewards and now the new rakghoul event does not either when the original event did have a event reward and rewards for grinding the event currency. actually both the rakghoul and chevin events were designed this way with both rarer rewards to grind and a reward for completing the content.

the new direction seems to be heading down the path of not rewarding players for simply playing, only for excessively grinding. give rare rewards for grinding sure but also remember some of your players have a life, and we also would like to enjoy the game we are paying to play and not feel punished for not living our lives in game.

rewards are a huge part of the enjoyment of rpgs and mmos taking that away from all but the hardcore playerbase seems like a dumb decision and like I said its like being trolled by the devs. there was a comment about not being handed things in real life... this is a video game, its not real life its created for the sole purpose of entertaining the customer to keep them paying. life is not that simple video games should be

but I guess I am not allowed to have that opinion since everyones just wants to spend all their time in game so they can shove their grand "achievements" in peoples faces while they stand on fleet because they are obviously such great people :rolleyes:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

... that just seems sadistic and like some moron dev is laughing while making troll faces at the players participating in the event...

This, right here. I agree. I completely agree, whenever I try to take a look at the merchandise on the damn Jawa vendor. By the time you find what you want to look at he blurbles at you and walks away. This happens like every 3 seconds. I think once people have done the quest to 'find him', they should get access to a stationary version of it.

There really are times, I think they hate our guts as players, and you know what? It's almost mutual. :p

Welcome to the wonderful world of mmo's. Devs add new stuff in all the time. Its what keeps us playing.

I'm sorry you feel your time was wasted, but just remember if there is something rare or expensive you wand, chances are an easier one to get will be coming out some time soon.

also this is supposed to be a fun event for the playerbase, why not keep all the epeen and RNG "rare" crap to ops and pvp and let everyone who is playing enjoy the events and their rewards. the insecure "elite" can get their rare pets, titles, mounts, exclusive content, and everything else the Austin devs cater too hardcore guilds from endgame where it matters, not temporary events

again that's why I brought it up. but I guess that is sooo offensive to the mmo gestapo. the gree event is mostly rep rewards, the bounty week has no rewards and now the new rakghoul event does not either when the original event did have a event reward and rewards for grinding the event currency. actually both the rakghoul and chevin events were designed this way with both rarer rewards to grind and a reward for completing the content.

the new direction seems to be heading down the path of not rewarding players for simply playing, only for excessively grinding. give rare rewards for grinding sure but also remember some of your players have a life, and we also would like to enjoy the game we are paying to play and not feel punished for not living our lives in game.

rewards are a huge part of the enjoyment of rpgs and mmos taking that away from all but the hardcore playerbase seems like a dumb decision and like I said its like being trolled by the devs. there was a comment about not being handed things in real life... this is a video game, its not real life its created for the sole purpose of entertaining the customer to keep them paying. life is not that simple video games should be

but I guess I am not allowed to have that opinion since everyones just wants to spend all their time in game so they can shove their grand "achievements" in peoples faces while they stand on fleet because they are obviously such great people :rolleyes:

Don't act the victim here. You came in with a hyperbolic thread title and OP thread, and then when people counter that you act like you just asked an innocent 'ol question and why are people jumping all over you for it.

If you don't want to be called out for how you act, act better.

Edited by MaximusRex

If you don't want to be called out for how you act, act better.

coming from a poster on the swtor forum LOL :p

I made a complaint about the lack of event rewards and was told boohoo you didn't get the drop you wanted which was not even the point of my thread, then had people go on insulting me and my character and my playing. though the title does make it seem that way, I don't give a crap about the symbiote rakling or am I pissed I didn't win it. 1 hm and 2 sm kills I haven't even seen it drop I don't even know what it looks like so its not like I am pissed I dont have it or didn't win it. im sure eventually it will be on the gtn if I never win a drop, that's not the point though. its the lack of rewards not tied to grinding let alone a extreme grind. mentioning lost island is just a example of how bad RNG drops can be with items like this

I do think its lame that they made a reward in what's supposed to be a fun temporary event for everyone not a NIM operation with such a grindy requirement with out even bothering to provide a reward for doing the event

but whatever this thread went exactly like I suspected, people making comments with out reading the op and only seeing waaah I didn't get drop jumping to conclusions like I don't want rare items in the game and not understanding the actual point I was trying to make

Edited by Vis-Tecum

but whatever this thread went exactly like I suspected, people making comments with out reading the op and only seeing waaah I didn't get drop jumping to conclusions like I don't want rare items in the game and not understanding the actual point I was trying to make

Unfortunately, the point you were making in your OP was obscured by it's tone.

Any debate can be derailed by emotional arguments, such as:

... that just seems sadistic and like some moron dev is laughing while making troll faces at the players participating in the event, completing content, but not being rewarded. ...

It would have served you better not to start off your argument with something like this. Your actual point gets lost in the noise.

/2cents

Edited by Khevar

Unfortunately, the point you were making in your OP was obscured by it's tone.

Any debate can be derailed by emotional arguments, such as:

It would have served you better not to start off your argument with something like this. Your actual point gets lost in the noise.

/2cents

meh I thought it was fairly tame, I could have gone all ragey and said that bioware devs ARE morons and this is a slap in the face to the player base then ranted how Im going to unsub because of it :p

mostly I was / am just upset because I was misinformed the symbiote rakling was a reward for completing the eyeless quest and found out after that I did the whole event [except shellshock] and didn't get one reward for it other then currency and comms lol. no gear from quests like the first event [this was unfortunately expected though] and no token pet for being in game during the event and completing the event quests. just another 5 daily terminal rep grind like all new content. but even oricon and cz-198 give you rewards for quest completion. it seems odd to make a temporary event be such a grind for all of its rewards. and im not talking about the pale / crimson rakling and containment gear RNG to try and get the old rewards, that's where the grind should be

LOL you mean like the pale and crimson raklings that are no longer rare and easier to attain then the symbiote rakling is. not to mention all the other "rare" pets and items that are no longer "rare" and easily bought on the GTN.

heaven forbid someone think that doing the entire event quest chain [if you can call it that] and boss kill should receive a reward that doesn't involve grinding rep, currency and purchasing it from a vendor or RNG and a winning roll

lol at mmo players impressed by fake rare RNG items ...and then try to act superior :D

You really gave me a chuckle here. You start off with a massive QQ about not getting a rare drop pet. When people call you out for it, you switch to claiming to be above it all. Nice try.

Edited by RandomXChance